2001 Infiniti G20 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific G20 model:
G20 Forever
By Filzy on 07/24/08 23:17 PM (PDT)

2001 Infiniti G20 Touring 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

We bought this car in 2001 as for its style, comfort, economy and reliability. It's now seven years and 160ks later and it still feels and drives like a new car! I'm astounded at how tight and rattle-free the driving experience still is. We have repaired O2 sensors and wiper arms under warranty, changed tires and brake pads, replaced the power antenna, and changed a couple of light bulbs. That is all and the car drives like new, I am not kidding!! The original re92 bridgestone tires were awful in snow and ice but lasted 90k until they were taken off and thrown as far away as possible! This car should never have come with those tires as standard equipment!

Great Little Car!
By Paul on 05/07/08 07:36 AM (PDT)

2001 Infiniti G20 Touring 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car used five years ago, and I plan to drive it another five. Reliability has been wonderful, very few minor problems, struts and brakes. Love the handing, ride, and seats. I can drive this car for 11 hours straight and not feel fatigued. I'll recommend this car to anybody as a great used car to purchase.

Best Car Yet
By Nissa Kendall on 04/03/08 09:10 AM (PDT)

2001 Infiniti G20 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

This has been a great car and it's still going strong. The mechanic that checked it last said it still has years of life left.

Still going
By Daniel on 10/19/07 09:34 AM (PDT)

2001 Infiniti G20 Touring 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I am reaching 175,000 miles and still running pretty well. I did have to put in a rebuilt transmission but considering that I have not kept up with manufacturers maintenance it still ran well. It was well worth the cost.

You aren't getting my G from Me!
By stinkypete on 04/24/07 06:39 AM (PDT)

2001 Infiniti G20 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Infiniti only made this car for a few years, so finding one in good shape was hard. I purchased mine in 6/06 with 54K. I've since logged 16K on the car and the only maintenance was new brakes, oil changes and a power window switch. The car is plush, comfortable, handles well, sips gas and is great to drive. The engine is peppy, but could be more powerful. The Bose stereo is great, but what's up with the cup holder?

The Infiniti is the cream of the crop
By Glenn LaCedra on 04/04/06 09:12 AM (PDT)

2001 Infiniti G20 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I have owned and driven in every Japanese and German car. I have also had my share of American cars as well. I stand by the fact that, "Infiniti" is by far superior to any American, German, and Japanese automobile around. Drive one and see for yourself.

You should know what your are getting
By ursogrande on 12/24/04 14:00 PM (PST)

2001 Infiniti G20 Touring 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I think the driver's seat is one of the most comfortable I have sat in. Infiniti paid a lot of attention to details despite it not being a luxury car. Look, it is a 4-cylinder, so you aren't going to get the V-6 effort, but you do get good gas mileage, and the engine isn't that bad. What you are getting is a practical car that has some very nice features that practical cars don't always pay attention to. It is only 150 lbs lighter than my 1999 Camry and it is a smaller vehicle...I like the extra "weight" feeling. Love the car, and hope it works for several more years. I really like the side and behind profile, but the front seems rather ordinary.

Great Car
By dsm51182 on 10/28/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Infiniti G20 Touring 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

This is a really great car at a very reasonable price. It has great quality lacks acceleration however the drive on the highway is very nice.

Exceptional Value & Style
By jm604 on 06/16/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Infiniti G20 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

As a previous owner of an Acura, I have been even more pleasantly surprised at the reliability of the Infiniti by contrast. Since the rear seats fold down, the car has a surprising amount of cargo space. Loaded with extras such as a Bose sound system, heated seats, moon roof and more, I have been spoiled rotten for almost two years now. I'm very happy with the car and it's low price. Plus, it's a sleek, sporty car that handles great and fits nicely into tight parking spots.

G20t
By Jett456 on 05/19/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Infiniti G20 Touring 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I really like my car. It is leased so I will have to give it back, but I might buy it. I don't like the cup holders. I will test drive the G35 first but only if they offer a manual transmission.