2000 Infiniti G20 Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific G20 model:
Love this car!!!!!!!!!!!!!
By klownn on 01/02/12 06:49 AM (PST)

2000 Infiniti G20 Sedan 4dr Sedan

I love this car. My husband bought if for me brand new in 2000. The g20 sedan is a great car. Needed a new alternator about 3 years ago and got new hoses about 2 years ago. but nothing major just regular wear and tear. Ive got over 160,000 miles and still going strong. I would never, never, never trade or sell my car. I am very happy and loves the way it drives. I also enjoy the compiments by the way the color is Autumn Bronze........ ps please be religious on the maintenance of your car... thank you Sewell Infiniti..........

The best car ever made
By mikecool77 on 11/17/11 23:26 PM (PST)

2000 Infiniti G20 Sedan Touring 4dr Sedan

I've had many cars: Multiple Honda's, Acura's, Lexus, BMW, Mitsubishi's etc... By far...This car is the best car ever made. I'm so thankful for this car. It gets amazing gas mileage and it is bullet proof. The mechanic was shocked that just about everything I had in this thing was stock. The only thing you may change is the 02 sensor. 122,000 going strong!!

g20
By bryan591 on 04/17/11 16:34 PM (PDT)

2000 Infiniti G20 Sedan 4dr Sedan

i am an ase certified master technician and i work for honda so believe me when i say the g20 is one of the most reliable cars ever made. the motor, transmission, and suspension are all bullet proof. my g20 has 198k on it and it gets 30-32 hwy mpg, doesnt leak, or burn a drop of oil, has the original alternator, water pump, and radiator. sometimes i have to make sure the car is still idling because it idles so smooth. i want to buy another one but my wife wont let me lol. but one is all youll ever need 300,000 miles on original motor and trans is definatley achievable. i cant say enough postitive things about this car, if you have a chance to own one i reccomend it.

Long term review
By nice car on 12/30/09 11:35 AM (PST)

2000 Infiniti G20 Sedan 4dr Sedan

My G20 is approaching 10 years and I am original owner. This car has been like a tank. It's held up very well with no mechanical problems. I've changed brake pads (front) and batteries twice and tires once. I got nissan brand wiper blade replacement which are much better than anything else. I changed air filter a few times. Engine is so reliable that it still idles at 700, same as original factory preset. Suspension still good, but of course not quite as perfect as new. A/C ice cold. Stereo, cd and cassette same as new. Steering has not lost any feel after all these years. Clearly Infiniti built this so solidly and it was made in Japan.

I wish I bought two of them
By joe on 12/10/09 13:07 PM (PST)

2000 Infiniti G20 Sedan 4dr Sedan

Almost 10 years in my G20, nothing ever wrong with this car. Great city and urban transport. Lacks power for long uphill climbs but can't be beat around town. High quality interior. I will not sell it.

175K miles and still going strong
By MikeK on 09/11/09 20:03 PM (PDT)

2000 Infiniti G20 Sedan Touring 4dr Sedan

Bought my G20T 5speed new in 2000 and 175K miles later it still drives like the day I bought it. Tires, 1 clutch, brakes, belts and hoses (normal wear and tear items) is all I've ever had to do for it and I still get 32 MPG. No rattles, squeaks or electrical gremlins that plagues other cars its age - a true testament to the engineering and build quality of Infiniti. Simply put this is the best car I have ever owned and I still get compliments on it 9 years later. I fully expect to get 300K miles out of this car but when the day comes that I finally give her up you can be sure that I'll go to the nearest Infiniti dealer for the next G- whatever that happens to be new that year.

One Awesome G20
By RRG20 on 01/28/09 00:02 AM (PST)

2000 Infiniti G20 Sedan 4dr Sedan

I bought my G20 new in 2000 and now its 2009 with 147K and runs like a champ. In the beginning it had the new car issues but after 80K it's like it can't be stopped. I had put some performance upgrades like pulleys, intake, exhaust which greatly improved life and performance. If you're thinking of purchasing this car I would say yes.

Affordable luxury car
By Hass on 08/27/08 22:25 PM (PDT)

2000 Infiniti G20 Sedan Touring 4dr Sedan

I bought my G20t a month ago and the car is really nice, Im planning on driving this vehicle for another 10 yrs, it has only 40K on it!

More Lux for your Bucks
By Candid Consumer on 06/02/08 16:14 PM (PDT)

2000 Infiniti G20 Sedan 4dr Sedan

This is a great luxury car that won't break the bank. I have about 80k miles on my G20 and it runs excellent! The engine, naturally aspirated, doesn't have much giddy until you reach the power bands, but the stock SR20DE engine responds very well to modifications. My G20 has held up beautifully over the years and I have had to turn down quite a few offers from people looking to purchase it from me. The multi-link design suspension which is similar to that of the Nissan 300ZX and Skyline GT-R has proven to be excellent under severe weather conditions.

135K and still ticking
By itsakeeper on 05/07/07 13:48 PM (PDT)

2000 Infiniti G20 Sedan 4dr Sedan

Bought this car for the wife Feb 2000. Has 135K 7 years later and outside of regular maintenance (inc tires) the only expense has been a starter and a battery. Though not strong on HP the car is really fun to drive. It handles curves better than any car I have owned. The sound system has been great. The leather interior has held up well and after a wash and detail, the car looks almost new. Excellent paint job.