1999 Infiniti G20 Consumer Review: Very nice for the price

1999 Infiniti G20 - Consumer Review

Base Sedan (2.0L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual)

Very nice for the price
By That Guy on

1999 Infiniti G20 4dr Sedan

I just bought the G20 3 weeks ago with 121k. I am using the car as a commuter to drive almost 100 miles/day and am thrilled by the comfort and reliability of this Infiniti. It doesn't dazzle with power or handling, but for a smaller car, it is a very comfortable ride that is perfect for a commute. Due to the timing chain, extensive records from the previous owner and general reputation of Nissan products I am looking forward to many maintenance free years. Only thing I have had to do is replace the upper control arm bushings and the inner tie rod (suspension is evidently the Achilles heel of these particular cars). If that is all I have to do, this is a great car for under 5k!

Exterior body kit, Bose Sound, reliability, gas mileage, high build quality, sporty, yet luxurious interior. The pride of ownership that comes with a nice car without the pocket pain that comes with a more pricey car. Nice, sporty, basket-weaveesque rims. Cheaper, Nissan parts fit the car perfectly.

Cup holders are pretty much non-existent. The low-end power could have been improved, but as a commuter it doesn't bother too much. The Bose is great, but the bass is a little weak. The front suspension woes are frustrating.