Used 1999 Infiniti G20 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific G20 model:

Where did the horses go
By ucgsb

1999 Infiniti G20 4dr Sedan

I bought this car off of the lot with 1.1 miles on it. I drive like an old lady. Extremely reliable. Well built, except for the fan motor that murmurs. It's automatic. I average 23.5 in the city and 34 hwy (I never go past 3k rpm). 140 hp would be enough if they improved the low end torque. The engine is easily modified to 205 hp with $$$, but this is what it should have been off of the lot, like the skyline, 200se, etc that use this engine.

Favorite Features

Very comfortable. A/C is excellent as are the heated seats. Radio is great. Great mileage. Only major repair was brakes at 40k.

Suggested Improvements

More adjustable steering wheel. More hp via aftermarket kits.

Great Little Car
By drhine2478

1999 Infiniti G20 Touring 4dr Sedan

Purchased used with 38,005 miles in December 02. Now has over 215,000 miles and is still going strong. It is a manual 5 speed and gets 30 mpg on open roads (typically cruise 80mph interstates). At 97,000 had a clutch plate issue - have replaced all brake rotors once - replace muffler at 210,000. Other than that it has oil changes every 5000 miles, along with normal maintenance. At 62 years old this will probably be the last manual transmission I will own but it has been fun to throw around the highways and byways. Note: wife had a 1999 QX4 Infiniti with over 200,000 miles also purchased in 2002 - hers had 67,000 when purchased. The G20t has been well worth the $13,000 I paid for it.

Favorite Features

Boise Sound System - climate control - 30 mpg on highway. Actually, out of over 35 autos that I have owned including BMWs, Cadillacs, Jags, MGs, Town Cars, various pickups, fords, Chevys, Chryslers, Toyotas, Volvos, VWs, etc - this has been OVERALL the best I have ever owned.

Suggested Improvements

Front seats could be slightly longer to give more support to thighs. It would be nice to have a 6 speed manual and maybe a 235 hp motor instead of the 140 hp it has - - OOPS! Now we are talking about the G35 which is also a great driver.

Fun car to drive
By ebok

1999 Infiniti G20 4dr Sedan

Have put 70K miles on this car;now with 107K miles. No mechanical problems, enjoy the drive. Gets 27 mpg.Roomy interior, decent leg room. Great sound system. Trunk space good.Power is good, only problem is occasional hesitation when stomp on the gas.Would definitely get another Infiniti.

Favorite Features

Reliable, great sound system. Adequate power. Roomy interior.

Suggested Improvements

Better cup holders.In fact, any change would have to be an improvement. What were the designers thinking?? Would like to be able to carry CDs in the console.

Great Value compact car
By cruza30

1999 Infiniti G20 4dr Sedan

I've owned this car for almost a year and purchased it because of the Edmund's review. For the price you'll pay for this used vehicle, you'll find reliability, comfort and decent styling for an older car. My only regret is not buying the touring model.

Favorite Features

Styling, Reliability

Suggested Improvements

Turbo would be nice

Love It
By jr

1999 Infiniti G20 Touring 4dr Sedan

We have a 1999 G20T with 130,000+ miles. We love it and have had ZERO problems. Thanks to this car we now only buy Nissan products. This car has become a commuter car, but we will keep it until it's dead. We have since purchased a 05 I35 and like it just as much.

Favorite Features

Sound system, style, reliability.

Suggested Improvements

Size of interior and cup holders, it needs more cupholders.