1999 Infiniti G20 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific G20 model:
Infiniti G20
By Mike on 10/06/05 16:32 PM (PDT)

1999 Infiniti G20 4dr Sedan

This car has been very reliable up until this year when I have had to fix the moon roof $1000, the starter $400, and a battery $100. But they are the only repairs (other than routine matinence) that have been done in 120,000 miles.

GREAT CAR
By JK on 05/14/05 10:37 AM (PDT)

1999 Infiniti G20 4dr Sedan

I have owned my g20 for 2 1/2 years with no problems. It is very comfortable and has a great soundsystem to boot. The car handles like a luxury car should, and this car is bulit to last. I totally agree with basically all of the reviews, yes please a little more power!! My 89 celica had much more jump for a 4 banger. Yes, the cup holder is a joke, as I have cleaned a few messes from spilage! Overfall, this car rocks!!!

Excellent Car
By MJ on 04/08/05 13:27 PM (PDT)

1999 Infiniti G20 Touring 4dr Sedan

Easily the car car I've ever owned, probably the best there is for the price. A sporty, fun-driving car cleverly disguised as a sedan. Some lament a lack of power, but with the manual transmission, I don't notice it until I get to the gas pump (I get 28-31 mpg). It doesn't have a useful cupholder. But who cares? I've had the car 6 years and 90,000 miles, and have only had scheduled maintenance and tire and battery replacement.

Best Car
By J.J. on 02/12/05 23:01 PM (PST)

1999 Infiniti G20 Touring 4dr Sedan

I have owned the car for six years now, and can say it is the best car I have ever driven. Other than life limited items like tires and the battery, the car has been entirely trouble-free. The stickshift makes the most of the small engine, gets great mileage, and is fun to drive.

Great Car
By jwill2 on 10/29/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Infiniti G20 4dr Sedan

Its really a great car not a lot of power under the hood but it gets the job done. Handles extremely well and is very reliable. I have put 10,000 miles on it with problems.

One of the best 10 cars in the world
By Skyline on 08/27/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Infiniti G20 Touring 4dr Sedan

I've own it for more than 5 yrs now. Not a single problem. Excellent design and quality through out. 20 years down the road this car is a sure classic.

1999 Infiniti G20 review
By FreddieB on 08/23/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Infiniti G20 Touring 4dr Sedan

This the best car for the $$$$$.

Awesome Car
By Liz :) on 06/08/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Infiniti G20 4dr Sedan

This is a great car! It's the best car I ever drove. It drives very smoothly and is really quiet. The BOSE system is awesome. The leather interior is great. I was in love with this car until it got totaled when someone hit my mom head on. This is an extremely safe car because even though the outside was beyond repair, the inside was completely fine and didn't cave in at all. The only downfall to the car is that the maintainance costs a ton and the cup holder sucks because you can't fit anything bigger than a small drink in it.

Great Car!!!
By NismoLover on 04/16/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Infiniti G20 4dr Sedan

bought my G20 with 80K, sure it's got quite some mileage on it, but the car drives and handles GREAT! and most important of all, it's the most reliable car i've ever owned. i drove a Audi before and to be honest, the A4 is one of the best car i've ever driven, but the maintainance and parts cost A TON!! which is why i sold it and bought my G20 now. Sure it's a bit slow off the line, but once you get past 40+ mph, it's a presure to drive. I even did 125 mph once, with 3 passengers on board!!

It's gotten even better with time
By DuffyNC on 04/13/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Infiniti G20 4dr Sedan

I bought my 1999 G20 new in November of 1998. I got a very good deal, helped by the fact that I was trading in a G20 I had bought used at the same dealership. It's been a great car. I have had all the service done at the dealership and have never had a major problem. I see lots of pretty models on the road but can't imagine why i would trade this car in. It's as solid and fun a ride as ever. More pep would be nice but I know that would have come at some higher level of cost.