1999 Infiniti G20 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific G20 model:
Good Car
By JK on 12/23/08 10:30 AM (PST)

1999 Infiniti G20 4dr Sedan

I bought my 99 G20 in Nov 2002, and have put 78k miles up to now. This car has been driven across the country twice, and never broke down, and is a very comfortable ride.

What An Underdog
By Deon on 09/27/08 11:39 AM (PDT)

1999 Infiniti G20 Touring 4dr Sedan

This car has been everything I could have possibly asked for. I used Edmunds for the reviews, and they have been dead on. This car is built for longevity, agility and very good fuel economy for todays times. It's not a car you see very often, so it's almost like having a limited edition Infiniti. I bought this car with 142k on it, within almost one year, I have now reached 171k... not a single problem. Regular maintenance... I use full synthetic oil, amazing the difference it makes on performance. Great car, great value, classic Infiniti style.

Great Car!
By G20T Rocks on 02/18/08 16:45 PM (PST)

1999 Infiniti G20 Touring 4dr Sedan

I bought new in 1999. No problems other than routine. Car has held up exceptionally well for 9 years. If I ever had to design a car, it would turn out exactly like this. It's too bad they stopped making it - I'd buy it again if I could. Got over 150K miles on it and everything has held up well.

Best Used Car I've Ever Owned
By Cruz on 11/11/07 18:18 PM (PST)

1999 Infiniti G20 4dr Sedan

I used edmunds.com to view the G20 rating before purchasing a black/tan used G20 from a small dealership. The rating couldn't have been more true. I've owned the car over a year and a half with ZERO problems, even with a 130k miles on it. They told me it had a chain timing belt which is good for 250k mi. Great car, cabin noise is lower than my 25k '04 honda accord.

Awesome little car
By Fran on 08/19/07 11:20 AM (PDT)

1999 Infiniti G20 4dr Sedan

I love this car! With it's euro styling, comfortable interior and great cornering, it is a jewel. I researched many used cars before I found this one and I don't want to part with it. I've had this car for 5 years, it has 81,000 and it is still going strong with all power option still working, no rattles. Sound little car!!

Where did the horses go
By ucgsb on 05/01/07 13:38 PM (PDT)

1999 Infiniti G20 4dr Sedan

I bought this car off of the lot with 1.1 miles on it. I drive like an old lady. Extremely reliable. Well built, except for the fan motor that murmurs. It's automatic. I average 23.5 in the city and 34 hwy (I never go past 3k rpm). 140 hp would be enough if they improved the low end torque. The engine is easily modified to 205 hp with $$$, but this is what it should have been off of the lot, like the skyline, 200se, etc that use this engine.

Great Little Car
By drhine2478 on 03/06/07 13:43 PM (PST)

1999 Infiniti G20 Touring 4dr Sedan

Purchased used with 38,005 miles in December 02. Now has over 215,000 miles and is still going strong. It is a manual 5 speed and gets 30 mpg on open roads (typically cruise 80mph interstates). At 97,000 had a clutch plate issue - have replaced all brake rotors once - replace muffler at 210,000. Other than that it has oil changes every 5000 miles, along with normal maintenance. At 62 years old this will probably be the last manual transmission I will own but it has been fun to throw around the highways and byways. Note: wife had a 1999 QX4 Infiniti with over 200,000 miles also purchased in 2002 - hers had 67,000 when purchased. The G20t has been well worth the $13,000 I paid for it.

Fun car to drive
By ebok on 12/10/06 13:11 PM (PST)

1999 Infiniti G20 4dr Sedan

Have put 70K miles on this car;now with 107K miles. No mechanical problems, enjoy the drive. Gets 27 mpg.Roomy interior, decent leg room. Great sound system. Trunk space good.Power is good, only problem is occasional hesitation when stomp on the gas.Would definitely get another Infiniti.

Great Value compact car
By cruza30 on 11/12/06 19:39 PM (PST)

1999 Infiniti G20 4dr Sedan

I've owned this car for almost a year and purchased it because of the Edmund's review. For the price you'll pay for this used vehicle, you'll find reliability, comfort and decent styling for an older car. My only regret is not buying the touring model.

Love It
By jr on 12/26/05 20:56 PM (PST)

1999 Infiniti G20 Touring 4dr Sedan

We have a 1999 G20T with 130,000+ miles. We love it and have had ZERO problems. Thanks to this car we now only buy Nissan products. This car has become a commuter car, but we will keep it until it's dead. We have since purchased a 05 I35 and like it just as much.