Used 1999 Infiniti G20 Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific G20 model:

One of the Worst Cars I Ever Owned
By diggergirl1996

1999 Infiniti G20 Sedan 4dr Sedan

I find it surprising that the last reviewer decided to keep their 99 instead of trade it for something better. I on the other hand would have driven this heap of garbage into the junkyard had I known what a terrible car it was. I even read reviews on here for months before I decided to buy one from a neighbor, who obviously heard about my disappointments. From the moment I started driving it, lights starting come on. First it was the speed sensor, then the ABS, then the car started shaking at 45 miles an hour, the ball joints were complete crap and the entire alignment went off within a month.

Favorite Features

Besides the fact the the entire car was about to fall part, it would still stop on a dime. This car has an incredible break system, but let's be honest, it doesn't help if the car falls apart when you stop. It also has decent tires and great stereo.

Suggested Improvements

Stop making it and thank goodness it's not made anymore. I for one like a car that has some decent power and this was supposed to be a transition car for 1 year. That's all I needed. Well, it lasted 5 months and I got a 2003 Spyder MR2 with 10k miles instead. (Spyder=====>>>) 42 miles to the gallon and not a scratch, it's reliable, and I should know, this is my second one, and it's a classic.

Awesome
By charles stuart

1999 Infiniti G20 Sedan 4dr Sedan

Purchased as a car to drive until i found what i wanted. well-this turned out to be what i wanted. plan to keep as long as it keeps giving me quality ownership

Favorite Features

style-all options-good gas mileage

Suggested Improvements

more power but not at the cost of mpg better cup holders

Eleven Years and Going Strong w/ 167,000
By imbestone

1999 Infiniti G20 Sedan Touring 4dr Sedan

Best car I ever owned. 11 years old and I am still driving it. Had my first issue with car at 130,000. Had to replace clutch on 5-speed. I most be the lucky one, because we are still putting 100 plus miles a day on this car. Can't beat the reliability!

Favorite Features

Leather interior. Looks like a richer vehicle.

Suggested Improvements

Model was discontinued. Bring back with V6 option.

I love this car!
By Dr. Skillz

1999 Infiniti G20 Sedan 4dr Sedan

The G20 (Nissan Primera) is a wonderful, bulletproof (do your research on the SR20DE) vehicle to own! The handling is superb (check out its racing heritage in the BTCC). I have the Autumn Bronze color, which receives compliments all the time. Other than routine oil changes, I have only spent money on brakes, rotors, pads, and upgrading the exhaust manifold to headers. This car will not disappoint you in terms of reliability. I love driving my G20. The sound system is great. Its road manners are excellent. The community at G20.net is wonderful for learning more about this beautiful car. The car advert says it best: "Born in Japan. Educated in Europe. Now Available in America."

Favorite Features

Multi-link front suspension, Bose stereo, fog lights, racing heritage, European styling, impressive handling

Suggested Improvements

Headlights prone to yellowing, brake dust

Infiniti
By FantasiePhoebus

1999 Infiniti G20 Sedan 4dr Sedan

This was my first car and I am so glad I got it even though it has had so many problems. Still a fantastic car! Just take care of it so these problems don't happen!

Favorite Features

Comfy driver's seat, great sound, fun to drive.

Suggested Improvements

An actual cup holder rather than something that can ONLY be used for change! At 130k the air conditioning got a blockage and broke, power steering sprung a leak after 140k, and suspension and bushings went at 145k. Would like more roomy and comfortable back seats and a smaller turning radius.