1999 Infiniti G20 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific G20 model:
One of the Worst Cars I Ever Owned
By diggergirl1996 on 02/04/13 07:02 AM (PST)

1999 Infiniti G20 4dr Sedan

I find it surprising that the last reviewer decided to keep their 99 instead of trade it for something better. I on the other hand would have driven this heap of garbage into the junkyard had I known what a terrible car it was. I even read reviews on here for months before I decided to buy one from a neighbor, who obviously heard about my disappointments. From the moment I started driving it, lights starting come on. First it was the speed sensor, then the ABS, then the car started shaking at 45 miles an hour, the ball joints were complete crap and the entire alignment went off within a month.

Awesome
By charles stuart on 11/01/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Infiniti G20 4dr Sedan

Purchased as a car to drive until i found what i wanted. well-this turned out to be what i wanted. plan to keep as long as it keeps giving me quality ownership

Eleven Years and Going Strong w/ 167,000
By imbestone on 08/23/10 17:41 PM (PDT)

1999 Infiniti G20 Touring 4dr Sedan

Best car I ever owned. 11 years old and I am still driving it. Had my first issue with car at 130,000. Had to replace clutch on 5-speed. I most be the lucky one, because we are still putting 100 plus miles a day on this car. Can't beat the reliability!

I love this car!
By Dr. Skillz on 06/28/10 17:38 PM (PDT)

1999 Infiniti G20 4dr Sedan

The G20 (Nissan Primera) is a wonderful, bulletproof (do your research on the SR20DE) vehicle to own! The handling is superb (check out its racing heritage in the BTCC). I have the Autumn Bronze color, which receives compliments all the time. Other than routine oil changes, I have only spent money on brakes, rotors, pads, and upgrading the exhaust manifold to headers. This car will not disappoint you in terms of reliability. I love driving my G20. The sound system is great. Its road manners are excellent. The community at G20.net is wonderful for learning more about this beautiful car. The car advert says it best: "Born in Japan. Educated in Europe. Now Available in America."

Infiniti
By FantasiePhoebus on 05/05/10 10:17 AM (PDT)

1999 Infiniti G20 4dr Sedan

This was my first car and I am so glad I got it even though it has had so many problems. Still a fantastic car! Just take care of it so these problems don't happen!

Is good car
By pizza delivery dude on 03/24/10 20:37 PM (PDT)

1999 Infiniti G20 4dr Sedan

I like the car. It has 180,000 so far. Nice outside and inside. About the reliability, well I have changed almost everything you can think of except the engine. Maybe it's just the way I drive but my old '95 Ford escort was more reliable then the g20. However I don't regret buying it because it's somehow special. It's not like just another regular car. My favorite part is the easy tuning. Faster than bmw3, Subaru 2.5, Saab 9-3, Toyota Camry - tundra v8, scion xb-tc, Honda Accord - Civic 4 cyl, Audi a4 1.8t, Kia soul, SUV state police Chevy Tahoe and more tested

wouldn't get this car again
By mad on 02/24/10 19:04 PM (PST)

1999 Infiniti G20 Touring 4dr Sedan

ok when i first got this car it had 50K miles on it and as soon as i hit 89K everything started to go bad. first my fuses blew then at 100K i needed a new timing belt 110K my alternator needed to be replaced 120K i needed a new starter, distributor cap and spark plugs when i get it back from the mechanic the radiator went bad and almost blew me engine. i couldn't even pull into a driveway that sits a little up with out it messing up me bumper.

Very nice for the price
By That Guy on 09/27/09 16:22 PM (PDT)

1999 Infiniti G20 4dr Sedan

I just bought the G20 3 weeks ago with 121k. I am using the car as a commuter to drive almost 100 miles/day and am thrilled by the comfort and reliability of this Infiniti. It doesn't dazzle with power or handling, but for a smaller car, it is a very comfortable ride that is perfect for a commute. Due to the timing chain, extensive records from the previous owner and general reputation of Nissan products I am looking forward to many maintenance free years. Only thing I have had to do is replace the upper control arm bushings and the inner tie rod (suspension is evidently the Achilles heel of these particular cars). If that is all I have to do, this is a great car for under 5k!

Still the best car on the road
By Vanessa W on 01/28/09 18:31 PM (PST)

1999 Infiniti G20 Touring 4dr Sedan

This was the first almost new car I bought in the luxury range. I was happy with the leather and Bose speakers. It still looks good after all this time and I wouldn't trade it in for the world. No major problems

So In Love
By In LOVE!!! on 12/25/08 19:31 PM (PST)

1999 Infiniti G20 4dr Sedan

I bought this car from the girlfriend of the original owner's son. They didn't take very good care of her. As a result I have replace the brakes, rotors, pads the whole deal and the passenger calipers. Other than that this girl has been through a lot with me - cross country, in and out of Canada and she never gives up!! Now at 205000 miles she is starting to make some noises I am concerned with but no one can figure out what it is. My best guess would be the timing chain but at any rate, I am replacing her this month with a 2002 g20 with 75000 miles. I know i will be just as happy for years to come!

1 2 3 4 5 next »