1996 Infiniti G20 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific G20 model:
Best Little Luxury Car
By mjs on 08/07/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1996 Infiniti G20 4dr Sedan

Purchased it as a dealer demo,now close to 60000 miles with zero problems. Fantastic value overall.

Infinity G 20
By niki on 07/24/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1996 Infiniti G20 4dr Sedan

my car is the base model. At 86000 I am doing my first major repairs (brakes and rack)-cost to replace parts with Infinity brand is quiet expensive. The car is fun, has alot of power for 4 door small sedan.

Reliable, reliable, reliable
By sejarzo on 05/16/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1996 Infiniti G20 4dr Sedan

Better than my Camry, then Accord, and reliability of G20 coupled with super deal made it a no-brainer. Walked out the door with a new car with a 60k warranty for $12k even plus taxes. Dealer has always been great. Only failures were ABS relay at 58k under warrantly, wiper link at 84k, replaced clutch cable then, too. Other than fluids, only $340 maint costs in nearly 6 years! Still on original battery, clutch and brakes at 93k, and I tend to drive hard. Passengers cannot believe a car with 90k+ is so quiet. Interstate mileage 32-33 mpg at 70-72 mph average speed. Will hate to replace it when I give it to my son.

GREAT performance sedan
By 96G20t on 04/04/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1996 Infiniti G20 Touring 4dr Sedan

After looking for an Accord or Integra 4 door, I settled on the G20 Touring. Loaded up with options, it is $1000 - $2000 less than Hondas. The reliability has turned out to be perfect. I can't believe another writer had only ONE problem in 50,000 miles and gives this car a 4 out of 10 rating.

A VERY RELIABLE COMPACT SEDAN
By timg20 on 02/28/02 14:33 PM (PST)

1996 Infiniti G20 4dr Sedan

Purchased new. It's a very solid, reliable sedan. The G20 has crisp handling and excellent steering and brakes. The 5-speed manual makes the most of the engine, which is flawless. Higher revs suit this engine, which redlines at 7,500 RPM. The interior is comfortable.The front buckets are supportive. Excellent 6-speaker in-dash CD stereo, and the climate controls are good. Other than routine maintenance, this car has never needed repairs, and the Infiniti dealerships treat you like gold.

Excellent Car for the $$$
By Nate Montierth on 02/27/02 20:02 PM (PST)

1996 Infiniti G20 4dr Sedan

Nothing but a good experience with this car

The best small car
By leafontree on 02/26/02 01:06 AM (PST)

1996 Infiniti G20 4dr Sedan

Absolutely no problems ever. It's just the perfect little car. Great in town and on the freeway. Perfect transmission with a lot of power for a four. I don't think I'll ever give it up, but if I do, it's going to be tough to find something as nice. The body is conservatively sleek. The newer models spoiled this classic design, which is typical of most elegant car designs.