Used 1996 Infiniti G20 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific G20 model:

Not bad for 500 bucks
By Brian

1996 Infiniti G20 4dr Sedan

I got this car from my cousin after she was rear ended, so the insurance totaled it. It was just a trunk lid and some light. Fixed it up for 80 buck (good old u-pull it). It had 167000miles and I had all the maintenance records. It has never had clutch, or suspension work. The only problem I have now is that the clutch is slipping, and the tach does what it wants to. Not bad since it has 202000miles on it now. I also don't know how you people drive but I don't jack rabbit start or drive in a lot of traffic so that is why I still get 24-28 in town and 34 to my best of 38 on highway wit regular. All I have to say maintenance, maintenance.

fuel mileage, reliable, and very comfortable for a 6 foot 4 guy (tilt wheel)

cup holders

Very Comfortable car!
By Jadekitten27

1996 Infiniti G20 4dr Sedan

In July I saw an ad on Craigslist for a '96 Infitini G20 for $750. I called, went to look at it, took it to my mechanic and bought it the next day for $500! It needed a few things to pass inspection, then after a 200 mile trip it needed exhaust pipes replaced. It seems to be good now, it has 189,7xx miles on it so it's no real surprise. But for a total cost of $1300, I love this car!

Comfortable seats, sunroof, decent factory stereo, gas mileage (we get 28 MPG highway).

Cupholders!

G20
By lewdacris813

1996 Infiniti G20 4dr Sedan

This is my wife's car, I am more of a truck guy. The car is reliable for the most part. One time the spark plugs actually broke. I don't know how it happened but the car would spit and sputter so I looked it over and found the culprit. Other than that I have a broken collarbone right now so I drive it, and it is very comfortable we even drove it to denver without a hitch. Over all the car is a good but far from great.

I enjoy the room the front two seats have to offer. Also very fun to take out and go drive somewhere without worrying about having to fill it up

Needs cupholders!

Best built car ever
By scubabird

1996 Infiniti G20 4dr Sedan

We bought 1996 model new and aside from tires and a couple of batteries, over ten years of daily use, it has been completely trouble-free. MPG on the highway is in the low 30's on regular gas. Standard sound system is very listenable. Only irritation is that this car was not equipped with any sort of cup holder, a fairly amazing omission, considering its cost and year of manufacture. Nonetheless, I'd like nothing more than to find another brand new one that's been lost in storage over the last decade. A great car.

Build quality, fuel economy, straightforward styling that has aged well.

Needed a couple of cup holders.

Hidden value
By surfdoggy

1996 Infiniti G20 4dr Sedan

I bought this car new in Jan 97, it was the last new G20 in the Chicago area. The car has been incredibly reliable. No mechanical problems in 10 years, and still have original battery. Needed to replace muffler system because I drive short distances (condensation causes tailpipe rust when exhaust system is run for <20 minutes). The "market" value on this car is underpriced given its fantastic reliability. Bought it because of the highest consumer report reliability ratings, turned out to be true.

Smooth running engine, tight build quality, smooth shifting manual transmission, excellent Infiniti service with free loaner cars

Poor aftermarket cupholder, fold-down rear seats only available on touring model, poor fuel mileage on short trips

• SUV