Used 1996 Infiniti G20 Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific G20 model:

What an excellent car
By edgy

1996 Infiniti G20 Sedan 4dr Sedan

I bought this car used in 2006 with about 117000 miles on it. I drove this car everywhere in the country. I used to do straight 1000 plus miles of driving on this car and I never had any problem. What a reliable and great car. It had close to 2250000 miles on it and it was getting old. Finally we had a major blizzard in the midwest recently and my car got stuck on the uphill and it started spinning wheels. I tried it too hard and it finally took me to home and next day it died. I don't know if it was a coincidence or it was its time, lost engine compression. Finally, I took it to Salvage Yard and sold it at the rate of scrape metal. The sweetest thing is it died on my parking lot.

Favorite Features

I liked its shifting, seats, and handling. Stick shift is such a fun car to drive. I had very great mileage on this car in both city and highway

Suggested Improvements

Cupholder

Lots of Love for my G20
By nate45

1996 Infiniti G20 Sedan 4dr Sedan

I bought my 96 G20 three years back with 118,000 and now have 160,000. It's been a great little car. I have had to perform a number of maintenance jobs on the car including a new water pump, new front axle and boot, new crank pully, and strangely one of my rear wheel bearings went bad. Other than that just regular maintenance. So it's not without it's faults. The car is quick, reliable and handles very well. It's fun to drive and for what you get for the price you can't beat it. The engine (Sr20) is one of the best engines of it's time.

MY BULLETPROOF G!
By Dame

1996 Infiniti G20 Sedan 4dr Sedan

i ran this car into the ground!! i bought it as an alternative to the honda accord of the same year because everyone in my area had hondas.. i found the leather to be flimsy (not even close to the quality of acuras)and it ripped easily. its small size and zippy engine made it fun to drive in the streets and around corners but its no race car at all but its definitely an accord beater! i never had any maintenance on it for the 3 years i had it. i bought it with 60,000 and put close to 200,000 miles on it before the engine went and i was a poor owner so i imagine with regular maintenance it would last forever!

Favorite Features

the size (for the cornering).. its handsome looks.. its zippy (not fast.. not race car) engine

Suggested Improvements

better quality leather and cupholders!!

Great first car...
By Death50

1996 Infiniti G20 Sedan 4dr Sedan

When I got my G20, it needed some work (new tires, struts, instrument cluster, battery) but aside from those repairs I have not had any trouble at all. It's great to drive and I enjoy the long distance trips in it. Could use a little more power under the hood but it still does great and doesn't cost me a lot at the pump. I'm very happy with this car and looking forward to making it a show car in the future.

Favorite Features

Looks sporty on the outside and luxury on the inside. Seems like a great first car and looking forward to many more years with it.

Suggested Improvements

Cup holders would have been nice and a little more power under the hood but that is about it.

'96 Infiniti G20
By Debbie

1996 Infiniti G20 Sedan 4dr Sedan

I bought my Pearl White Infiniti G20 brand new in 1996 and I'm still driving it after nearly thirteen years and 269,700 miles. It has been an excellent car and quite reliable. No rust at all, no rips on the interior, original paint still shines. Very comfortable seats. Plenty of room in the trunk. I had to replace the engine at 190,000 and the transmission not long before, but still a very pleased G20 owner. The G20 runs strong but acceleration is slow. I plan to keep maintaining it and driving it locally. It would probably be fine on a long trip but now I have a new vehicle that my family prefers.

Favorite Features

It's dependable. I know I'll always have a car that'll start and get me to work if the new one gives me trouble. This car has better quality features than most new ones. The dashboard and center console still look new.

Suggested Improvements

*It came with no cupholders. *Repairs have been very expensive, even for the minor things. *It has very little trade-in value for such a nice car.