1995 Infiniti G20 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific G20 model:
Terrific handling, bullet-proof sedan
By RainMeister on 07/22/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Infiniti G20 Touring 4dr Sedan

During my eight plus years with this car, it has had ZERO problems. Nissan simply over-engineered the car. There isn't another car in its class with as much reliability baked-in. Rather than spending $35k to replace it, I just spent $1k on the 60k tuneup, new set of tires, front brakes and a new set of shocks. After 2 days of detailing, it now looks and drives like new.

5 years and still a great car...
By allicatag on 06/09/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Infiniti G20 Touring 4dr Sedan

I purchased this car from my father in 1998 and he had already put over 60K miles on her. But, another 90K later, she still runs like a dream. Reliability is one of the best things about this car. I have replaced the clutch (I blame heavy city driving), motor mounts, and CV boots/joints, but most of these components are bound to wear out anyway after 150K +. I share the other reviewer's sentiments about cup holders - I guess that is my only real complaint! This car is still a great car and fun to drive!

Nice when it runs
By ilnmcom on 06/01/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Infiniti G20 4dr Sedan

Okay...great car, when it runs. I love this car. I can't complain about the power. Its a zippy little car. Nice for parallel parking. My issue is this. I bought this car last year for 7,000. Not a bad deal for 2001. All the ratings were good. I've spent now get this...$6000 in repairs!! Transmission, tires, brakes, starter, motor assembly, my radio, 3 CV boots, and other engine components. Now some of this, ie. the CV boots are a result of crappy train tracks in SODO, but there is no reason that a tranny and so many engine components should go out before 100,000. No excuse for a Japanese car to do that.

Just Plain... Good Value
By carlin on 03/17/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1995 Infiniti G20 4dr Sedan

I'd recommend this car to anybody seeking an extraordinary value for comfort, standard ammenities and reliability in an economy car! I don't think the price can be beat for something reliable and feature-laden. I wish the either the fuel efficiency or acceleration were better. The off- the-line acceleration with my automatic is abysmal--don't try to beat anybody coming from the other direction! Power is great once you're already moving. I have 91K and get about 19 mpg in all-city driving (not as good as I had hoped).

Surprise Surprise
By PARedline on 03/03/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1995 Infiniti G20 4dr Sedan

You'd never think this car was so good. A lot of people have them. Infiniti rarely advertises yet people buy them in a heartbeat. The G20 is the perfect car for anyone with the level of features it has, how easy and fun it is to drive, and the fact that it's reliable!!! You get a Timing CHAIN!! No silly rubber belt. Die- hard motor. My car has 70K but i've seen cars with over 200K and they run the same. Build quality and quality of materials is exceptional. This car is a great value.

1995 G20
By bata_bof on 02/04/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1995 Infiniti G20 4dr Sedan

Excellent Reliable car I have had it for over four years and never any problems. If you keep up with the maitaniace of the vehicle they will run for a long time. I have 140000 miles and still is running in tip top shape. It handles well in all types of weather and performance wise it is a fast car considering its size.

Stillkickn
By G20Cop on 02/03/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1995 Infiniti G20 4dr Sedan

I bought this car used in 1997 and I have been very impressed with Infiniti's quality. I have had no major problems with this car and it now has 125,000 miles and going strong. My only complaints- 1)Its a little confined for over six footers- I'm (6'02"). 2)It needs more power! I have a standard transmission and it needs it with this little engine. I wish I had a auto transmission for the commute in heavy traffic.

Impressed
By LVC on 01/10/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1995 Infiniti G20 Touring 4dr Sedan

We shopped around for a used Honda for our son to drive to school and saw this G20 in near perfect condition and purchased it instead. So far it appears to be a good car and our son is more than happy with his "new" wheels.

Dream Car
By 1995g20t on 10/03/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Infiniti G20 Touring 4dr Sedan

When I got this car I wasn't looking for a a G20, I was looking for a Q45. The deal was too good to pass up though so I took her home. I have not regretted it for one second. This is a great car! Not very fast from a stop but runs like a dream on the highway. The factory cd player died at 120k miles and the motor mounts at about 108k. Other than that, she has never needed any substantial repairs. 122k miles and still runs like a top.

1995 G20 4 Door Sedan
By Lance's1995G20 on 09/14/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Infiniti G20 4dr Sedan

Good car, reliable. A real dog when merging or trying to pass. I would only buy another if the engine had more power.