Used 1995 Infiniti G20 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific G20 model:

Get the manual
By over200thousand

1995 Infiniti G20 Touring 4dr Sedan

Bought in 2000 with 67k miles. Now has 200769+ miles. The bad: a couple of big repairs, transmission and clutch at about 130k, also cvboots/axles at around 185k. Tachometer not working, driver-side window only goes down about 80%, sunroof motor retired in 2007, and odometer just broke. The good: the best car I've ever owned (81 RX7, 82 Saab Turbo, 86 GTI, 91 Eclipse GSX, 95 Camry). VERY fun to drive, great handling, not quick off the line, but great performance at 3k rpm and above, quiet, solid, interior still essentially perfect. Good investment to have windows tinted when I got the car. 22-24 mpg city, 24-27 mpg hwy. $50/year DMV registration in CA. I would sell this car to my mom.

Reliable overall, interior has really held up, great gauges (no gimmicks), the manual is fun to drive, enough room for four regular-sized humans, good-sized trunk.

Window controls not all together. No cupholders, smallish glove box, bland styling (spoiler helps but only a little).

12 Years of Ownership
By kamy2007

1995 Infiniti G20 4dr Sedan

I bought this car brand new and have not had any problem with it other than the usual wear and tear. The bluebook price for the book is about $2,000, but I think it is worth more than that. I am planning to keep it until it completely shuts down (I don't think it will :) cuz' you cannot get anything as reliable with that price.

Cup Holder.

Ten Wonderful Years
By Canuck

1995 Infiniti G20 4dr Sedan

We bought a new 95 G20 in Feb. 95. We are giving it to our daughter & son-in- law because we want something different and after 110,000 miles (mostly highway) it still has years of use left in it. It is the best car we have owned in 40 years. About the only thing I have had to replace are the tires, battery, headlamp bulbs and windshield wipers. It still has the original brake pads and exhaust system. If they are taken care of G20's will run for a long time. It's never let us down.

With the 5 speed it has great acceleration and is just a blast to drive. It handles like small BMW's used to. It will pull interstate hills in 5th gear at 75mph and consistently gets 33mpg on the highway. Excellent trunk capacity. No rattles. Everything is original and still working great.

No cupholders - I had to add some. Front passenger seat could be more comfortable.

1995 Infiniti G20 (automatic)
By drcy

1995 Infiniti G20 4dr Sedan

I just bought this car a few days ago from a car dealer and it was in excellent condition with only 1 previous owner. This car handles very well and feels very steady on the road. My father had a '93 Infiniti G20 and I loved driving that car and my '95 G20 is no different.

Outstanding realiability, excellent interior design, comfortable seating for 4 adults, and very decent gas mileage; I average 25-28 MPG driving on freeways 70% of the time. I love my car and I highly recommend this car to anybody who wants a very reliable luxury car with low maintenance costs.

The initial acceleration is not as fast as some other cars I've driven (Hondas and Toyotas) but it is an automatic so you get what you pay for.

Excellent sport sedan
By MattB

1995 Infiniti G20 Touring 4dr Sedan

I have had my G20 for almost three years now (it's my first car), and it has been an amazing car. Fun to drive, great looking, comfortable inside. Reliability has been nothing short of excellent. One of the most underrated cars ever produced. The handling is also better than cars costing many times the price. Get one if you're in the market. You'll fall in love by the end of the test drive.

Handling, reliability.