1995 Infiniti G20 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific G20 model:
Best Car I have Ever Owned
By alikhad on 06/11/12 18:14 PM (PDT)

1995 Infiniti G20 Touring 4dr Sedan

I purchased this car from the 2nd owner 5 years ago at 182K. I am now at 250K and have driven the car without any out of the ordinary issues. I have owned a number of other cars, and this is by far the most reliable car every. I wish there was a cup holder, but other then that its the perfect balance of performance, luxury and economy.

Utah G20t
By Utah G20t on 05/27/09 15:39 PM (PDT)

1995 Infiniti G20 Touring 4dr Sedan

I bought this car when my college son turned it down and have enjoyed driving it for the past 4 years. I've driven it between California and Colorado and it has yet to give me problems, even with 161,000 miles. Yes, I wish it had more power and a cup holder, but I don't want to trade it even though an AWD or 4WD would be nicer during the winter snows of Utah. It fits just like a fighter jet, which I also operate (hence, I can go fast in something else to satisfy my adrenalin rush for speed). All in all, a great little car.

Fun, Economical & Reliable
By jon on 10/17/08 00:19 AM (PDT)

1995 Infiniti G20 Touring 4dr Sedan

Bought this one with 145k miles but I think the ODO was rolled back. It may have 170K miles on it. I have had it for 4k miles. I am not sure what has been done to the car in terms of maintenance or repairs, but it runs very strong. It needed a CV joint - $150. A lot of fun to drive, sporty and for the money, I am very happy. Bought it to be my daily driver versus my big Ford Expedition. Getting 27 mpg city driving!! It is black on black and the interior is like new, so the quality of the leather, rugs and other components are very good. Paint is still holding up in the Georgia sun - loosing a little of the clear coat on the roof and spoiler. Overall I am extremely pleased.

Still running strong
By sharon on 09/19/08 12:52 PM (PDT)

1995 Infiniti G20 Touring 4dr Sedan

When I bought the car at about 100K the clutch needed to be replaced. The car is just shy of 200K right now and drives as strong as the day I purchased it. It has had a few quirks - like the ABS light comes on and I have to pop the ABS thing out and then back in and it will be fine for six months. I have to put in a new gasket but all in all the car just won't die! I want a new car now just for the mileage but don't think I will sell this because the resale is so low and it would be hard to find something under $2000 that could even compare. I expect this car will get another 50 - 100K without any problem.

Get the manual
By over200thousand on 08/22/08 11:06 AM (PDT)

1995 Infiniti G20 Touring 4dr Sedan

Bought in 2000 with 67k miles. Now has 200769+ miles. The bad: a couple of big repairs, transmission and clutch at about 130k, also cvboots/axles at around 185k. Tachometer not working, driver-side window only goes down about 80%, sunroof motor retired in 2007, and odometer just broke. The good: the best car I've ever owned (81 RX7, 82 Saab Turbo, 86 GTI, 91 Eclipse GSX, 95 Camry). VERY fun to drive, great handling, not quick off the line, but great performance at 3k rpm and above, quiet, solid, interior still essentially perfect. Good investment to have windows tinted when I got the car. 22-24 mpg city, 24-27 mpg hwy. $50/year DMV registration in CA. I would sell this car to my mom.

Excellent sport sedan
By MattB on 04/17/05 13:22 PM (PDT)

1995 Infiniti G20 Touring 4dr Sedan

I have had my G20 for almost three years now (it's my first car), and it has been an amazing car. Fun to drive, great looking, comfortable inside. Reliability has been nothing short of excellent. One of the most underrated cars ever produced. The handling is also better than cars costing many times the price. Get one if you're in the market. You'll fall in love by the end of the test drive.

Great car - great value
By 95Gee20Tee on 12/31/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1995 Infiniti G20 Touring 4dr Sedan

Honda reliability for 20% less!!! Sentra SE-R performance w/ more room. In a year and a half and 35K+ miles my G20t has been just about perfect - only needed a starter. The 5 speed extracts the horsepower much better than the automatic. MPG has been up to 34. Performance is excellent especially after a few tips from g20 (dot)net. The Touring model is worth the extra change. It gets you the rear spoiler, a limited slip differential (better in the snow), leather interior, keyless entry / security system, fog lights, AM/FM/CD with dual amps, folding rear seat backs and snug fitting front bucket seats.

95 Infiniti - an amazing deal
By Thebaddog on 09/23/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Infiniti G20 Touring 4dr Sedan

I bought this car with 100,000 miles on it. Even though it shows its age in a few aspects, it was a steal in the price I paid, and how much I got. It drives just as well as many new cars. I would recomend this to anyone looking for a great car at a great price, and if you have more cash to burn get a newer model, or don't and save the rest ;)

Terrific handling, bullet-proof sedan
By RainMeister on 07/22/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Infiniti G20 Touring 4dr Sedan

During my eight plus years with this car, it has had ZERO problems. Nissan simply over-engineered the car. There isn't another car in its class with as much reliability baked-in. Rather than spending $35k to replace it, I just spent $1k on the 60k tuneup, new set of tires, front brakes and a new set of shocks. After 2 days of detailing, it now looks and drives like new.

5 years and still a great car...
By allicatag on 06/09/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Infiniti G20 Touring 4dr Sedan

I purchased this car from my father in 1998 and he had already put over 60K miles on her. But, another 90K later, she still runs like a dream. Reliability is one of the best things about this car. I have replaced the clutch (I blame heavy city driving), motor mounts, and CV boots/joints, but most of these components are bound to wear out anyway after 150K +. I share the other reviewer's sentiments about cup holders - I guess that is my only real complaint! This car is still a great car and fun to drive!