Used 1995 Infiniti G20 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific G20 model:

Best Car I have Ever Owned
By alikhad

1995 Infiniti G20 Touring 4dr Sedan

I purchased this car from the 2nd owner 5 years ago at 182K. I am now at 250K and have driven the car without any out of the ordinary issues. I have owned a number of other cars, and this is by far the most reliable car every. I wish there was a cup holder, but other then that its the perfect balance of performance, luxury and economy.

Everything. Very fun to drive

Cup Holder

1995 g20
By g20 slc

1995 Infiniti G20 4dr Sedan

Bought this car with 50k miles. Wife tried to beat it to death by driving it for her med sales job in a fairly aggressive fashion for almost 80k miles - and she insisted on putting in low grade gas the entire time -against the owners manual advice. That nearly killed it! It ran terribly, knocking, rattling, pinging, rough idle etc. Now that I've inherited the car again, it's had good 88 or above octane gas and regular maintenance for the last 30k miles and it's running excellent! I've wanted to upgrade to a BMW 3 series but for now I'll stick with this car until it dies, which is probably not any time soon. Minimal repairs required, no major items.

Fuel Efficient, good looks, interior and exterior has held up extremely well for a 15 year old car with lots of miles. Engine is rock solid as long as it's well maintained. Great road trip car and daily driver.

Brakes on mine are squishy even after getting new rotors etc - don't know if this was model problem or just my vehicle. No rear fold down seat - lame. Emergency break area design lame.

Utah G20t
By Utah G20t

1995 Infiniti G20 Touring 4dr Sedan

I bought this car when my college son turned it down and have enjoyed driving it for the past 4 years. I've driven it between California and Colorado and it has yet to give me problems, even with 161,000 miles. Yes, I wish it had more power and a cup holder, but I don't want to trade it even though an AWD or 4WD would be nicer during the winter snows of Utah. It fits just like a fighter jet, which I also operate (hence, I can go fast in something else to satisfy my adrenalin rush for speed). All in all, a great little car.

The feel and fit is just right for a 6' man. Fun to drive around between city and country. Gas mileage is around 24 city and 30+ highway. Large trunk for a little car.

More power is always a desire and cup holders would be nice.

Fun, Economical & Reliable
By jon

1995 Infiniti G20 Touring 4dr Sedan

Bought this one with 145k miles but I think the ODO was rolled back. It may have 170K miles on it. I have had it for 4k miles. I am not sure what has been done to the car in terms of maintenance or repairs, but it runs very strong. It needed a CV joint - $150. A lot of fun to drive, sporty and for the money, I am very happy. Bought it to be my daily driver versus my big Ford Expedition. Getting 27 mpg city driving!! It is black on black and the interior is like new, so the quality of the leather, rugs and other components are very good. Paint is still holding up in the Georgia sun - loosing a little of the clear coat on the roof and spoiler. Overall I am extremely pleased.

Handling, fun to drive, leather interior, stock stereo, timing chain versus belt. A lot of car for the money. It is cheaper than a Honda Civic with better features and performance. To this point very reliable. Fit and finish is very good for a 13 year old car, GREAT gas mileage.

It has terrible cup holders. Wonder if this was corrected in the newer models? Auto dimming review mirror, the power antenna stays up all the time, so it would be better to have it in the window like newer cars.

Still running strong
By sharon

1995 Infiniti G20 Touring 4dr Sedan

When I bought the car at about 100K the clutch needed to be replaced. The car is just shy of 200K right now and drives as strong as the day I purchased it. It has had a few quirks - like the ABS light comes on and I have to pop the ABS thing out and then back in and it will be fine for six months. I have to put in a new gasket but all in all the car just won't die! I want a new car now just for the mileage but don't think I will sell this because the resale is so low and it would be hard to find something under $2000 that could even compare. I expect this car will get another 50 - 100K without any problem.

spoiler, the FWD, sunroof, security and seats.

I just don't get it - duh, the cupholders.