1995 Infiniti G20 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific G20 model:
Best Car I have Ever Owned
By alikhad on 06/11/12 18:14 PM (PDT)

1995 Infiniti G20 Touring 4dr Sedan

I purchased this car from the 2nd owner 5 years ago at 182K. I am now at 250K and have driven the car without any out of the ordinary issues. I have owned a number of other cars, and this is by far the most reliable car every. I wish there was a cup holder, but other then that its the perfect balance of performance, luxury and economy.

1995 g20
By g20 slc on 06/08/09 10:33 AM (PDT)

1995 Infiniti G20 4dr Sedan

Bought this car with 50k miles. Wife tried to beat it to death by driving it for her med sales job in a fairly aggressive fashion for almost 80k miles - and she insisted on putting in low grade gas the entire time -against the owners manual advice. That nearly killed it! It ran terribly, knocking, rattling, pinging, rough idle etc. Now that I've inherited the car again, it's had good 88 or above octane gas and regular maintenance for the last 30k miles and it's running excellent! I've wanted to upgrade to a BMW 3 series but for now I'll stick with this car until it dies, which is probably not any time soon. Minimal repairs required, no major items.

Utah G20t
By Utah G20t on 05/27/09 15:39 PM (PDT)

1995 Infiniti G20 Touring 4dr Sedan

I bought this car when my college son turned it down and have enjoyed driving it for the past 4 years. I've driven it between California and Colorado and it has yet to give me problems, even with 161,000 miles. Yes, I wish it had more power and a cup holder, but I don't want to trade it even though an AWD or 4WD would be nicer during the winter snows of Utah. It fits just like a fighter jet, which I also operate (hence, I can go fast in something else to satisfy my adrenalin rush for speed). All in all, a great little car.

Fun, Economical & Reliable
By jon on 10/17/08 00:19 AM (PDT)

1995 Infiniti G20 Touring 4dr Sedan

Bought this one with 145k miles but I think the ODO was rolled back. It may have 170K miles on it. I have had it for 4k miles. I am not sure what has been done to the car in terms of maintenance or repairs, but it runs very strong. It needed a CV joint - $150. A lot of fun to drive, sporty and for the money, I am very happy. Bought it to be my daily driver versus my big Ford Expedition. Getting 27 mpg city driving!! It is black on black and the interior is like new, so the quality of the leather, rugs and other components are very good. Paint is still holding up in the Georgia sun - loosing a little of the clear coat on the roof and spoiler. Overall I am extremely pleased.

Still running strong
By sharon on 09/19/08 12:52 PM (PDT)

1995 Infiniti G20 Touring 4dr Sedan

When I bought the car at about 100K the clutch needed to be replaced. The car is just shy of 200K right now and drives as strong as the day I purchased it. It has had a few quirks - like the ABS light comes on and I have to pop the ABS thing out and then back in and it will be fine for six months. I have to put in a new gasket but all in all the car just won't die! I want a new car now just for the mileage but don't think I will sell this because the resale is so low and it would be hard to find something under $2000 that could even compare. I expect this car will get another 50 - 100K without any problem.

Get the manual
By over200thousand on 08/22/08 11:06 AM (PDT)

1995 Infiniti G20 Touring 4dr Sedan

Bought in 2000 with 67k miles. Now has 200769+ miles. The bad: a couple of big repairs, transmission and clutch at about 130k, also cvboots/axles at around 185k. Tachometer not working, driver-side window only goes down about 80%, sunroof motor retired in 2007, and odometer just broke. The good: the best car I've ever owned (81 RX7, 82 Saab Turbo, 86 GTI, 91 Eclipse GSX, 95 Camry). VERY fun to drive, great handling, not quick off the line, but great performance at 3k rpm and above, quiet, solid, interior still essentially perfect. Good investment to have windows tinted when I got the car. 22-24 mpg city, 24-27 mpg hwy. $50/year DMV registration in CA. I would sell this car to my mom.

12 Years of Ownership
By kamy2007 on 10/12/07 11:42 AM (PDT)

1995 Infiniti G20 4dr Sedan

I bought this car brand new and have not had any problem with it other than the usual wear and tear. The bluebook price for the book is about $2,000, but I think it is worth more than that. I am planning to keep it until it completely shuts down (I don't think it will :) cuz' you cannot get anything as reliable with that price.

Ten Wonderful Years
By Canuck on 11/21/05 23:07 PM (PST)

1995 Infiniti G20 4dr Sedan

We bought a new 95 G20 in Feb. 95. We are giving it to our daughter & son-in- law because we want something different and after 110,000 miles (mostly highway) it still has years of use left in it. It is the best car we have owned in 40 years. About the only thing I have had to replace are the tires, battery, headlamp bulbs and windshield wipers. It still has the original brake pads and exhaust system. If they are taken care of G20's will run for a long time. It's never let us down.

1995 Infiniti G20 (automatic)
By drcy on 10/27/05 15:09 PM (PDT)

1995 Infiniti G20 4dr Sedan

I just bought this car a few days ago from a car dealer and it was in excellent condition with only 1 previous owner. This car handles very well and feels very steady on the road. My father had a '93 Infiniti G20 and I loved driving that car and my '95 G20 is no different.

Excellent sport sedan
By MattB on 04/17/05 13:22 PM (PDT)

1995 Infiniti G20 Touring 4dr Sedan

I have had my G20 for almost three years now (it's my first car), and it has been an amazing car. Fun to drive, great looking, comfortable inside. Reliability has been nothing short of excellent. One of the most underrated cars ever produced. The handling is also better than cars costing many times the price. Get one if you're in the market. You'll fall in love by the end of the test drive.