Used 1994 Infiniti G20 Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1994 Infiniti G20 Sedan - Consumer Reviews

Base 2.0L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual - (14 reviews )

Awesome vehicle!
By love my 'niti

1994 Infiniti G20 Sedan 4dr Sedan

What a car! I bought this as my commuter vehicle years ago and it has since been driven by my wife and 3 of my children. It is comfortable, peppy enough, very sophisticated (for its vintage), and still turns heads. I cannot believe how it has aged--people with little GM's can't believe their cars are 10-12 years newer! Yes, this car was billed as a "Japanese BMW" and indeed I would concur--but I'll bet a Bimmer would not be running like this 15 years later. If you find one of these babies, buy it--they are becoming quite rare.

style, handling, limited slip diff.

Maybe a little more power--but whither the gas mileage? It's almost a perfect vehicle.

Still love my G20t after all these years
By Kathleen

1994 Infiniti G20 Sedan 4dr Sedan

I bought my G20t (the touring package) in 1993 as a loaner car with 6K miles on it. Buying my G20t was one of the best decisions I've ever made. It just turned over 160K miles (11/2006,) & I still love to drive it. The ride is smooth. The leather is top quality and still looks brand new. It is not perfect. The flaw that annoys me to this day is it has no cupholders, & Infiniti wants $100 to install them. Pleeeeease! The lights for the temperature buttons are not displaying consistently. The biggy is that there are 2 oil leaks that will cost about $800+ to fix. The leaks don't affect the performance or safety so I just keep adding oil. I plan to drive it until is stops.

Smooth ride. Excellent quality leather. Reliable. Beautiful paint (garaged most of its life) This engine is sure to last 250K or more! Touring package - Black leather, tighter suspension - Its a dream to drive. Get about 25 MPG with fwy/street combo

Cupholders Other than that, it's been a joy to drive for 13 years.

Fair
By YJChicago

1994 Infiniti G20 Sedan 4dr Sedan

My car is 12 years old, so I expect parts to be in need of replacement. But it seems there are too many parts going wrong within the length of a year. First, the two oxygen sensors went out April 2005; Second, the catalytic converter must be replaced to install the o2 sensor; Third, one fuel injector needs to be replaced, October 2005. The labor is a lot higher than the new injector; Fourth, the windshield cracked. This probably happened on highway. December 2005. A $300 replacement; Fifth, the A/C went out May 2006. A $500 repair. In a word, the well-reputed reliability of Nissan/Infiniti seems open to question. The performance of the car is no fun. Miserable acceleration. Engine noise.

Power seat, power window, power mirror, leather seats, nice look.

At the lights, this car starts like a turtle while all other cars spring like rabits. And it is a manual, supposedly to accelerate faster.

Simply awesome.
By Astaroth

1994 Infiniti G20 Sedan 4dr Sedan

I've owned this infiniti for only 6 mts, yet I had a 95 for over 3 years. Very fun car to drive. The T model includes all the options you may ever want, there's not too many out there on the road, and for a 4 cylinder engine, this 2.0 Liter SR20DE is really top of the line. Unfortunately they are no longer in the US. The nissan primera (as it is known in Europe, Japan) last year for the US was 2002... I don't know what I'll do once I have to switch my car. :(

Unique design... ALL features (power seats, windows, etc) VERY confortable, the leather seats are great, and of course, the SR20DE engine, which can be easily upgraded.

Well.. it doesn't have a cupholder, and unfortunately, the SR20DE in its stock form is not very fast.. 140 hp with about 136 torque.. Still good for a 4 cyl car though. A/C sucks even more power away. Overal, it is excellent, the good far outweighs the bad

good
By kwrkarka

1994 Infiniti G20 Sedan 4dr Sedan

I have the 5 speed manual and it was my first car. It is very reliable and enjoyable to drive everyday. I had a problem with the power steering hose and had to get it replaced but other than that, its good.

Drive quality, size, comfort, handeling, decent power

more power.