1994 Infiniti G20 - Consumer Reviews

Base 2.0L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual - (0 review )
Awesome vehicle!
By love my 'niti on 04/08/09 11:16 AM (PDT)

1994 Infiniti G20 4dr Sedan

What a car! I bought this as my commuter vehicle years ago and it has since been driven by my wife and 3 of my children. It is comfortable, peppy enough, very sophisticated (for its vintage), and still turns heads. I cannot believe how it has aged--people with little GM's can't believe their cars are 10-12 years newer! Yes, this car was billed as a "Japanese BMW" and indeed I would concur--but I'll bet a Bimmer would not be running like this 15 years later. If you find one of these babies, buy it--they are becoming quite rare.

Still love my G20t after all these years
By Kathleen on 12/05/06 11:48 AM (PST)

1994 Infiniti G20 4dr Sedan

I bought my G20t (the touring package) in 1993 as a loaner car with 6K miles on it. Buying my G20t was one of the best decisions I've ever made. It just turned over 160K miles (11/2006,) & I still love to drive it. The ride is smooth. The leather is top quality and still looks brand new. It is not perfect. The flaw that annoys me to this day is it has no cupholders, & Infiniti wants $100 to install them. Pleeeeease! The lights for the temperature buttons are not displaying consistently. The biggy is that there are 2 oil leaks that will cost about $800+ to fix. The leaks don't affect the performance or safety so I just keep adding oil. I plan to drive it until is stops.

Fair
By YJChicago on 07/04/06 01:28 AM (PDT)

1994 Infiniti G20 4dr Sedan

My car is 12 years old, so I expect parts to be in need of replacement. But it seems there are too many parts going wrong within the length of a year. First, the two oxygen sensors went out April 2005; Second, the catalytic converter must be replaced to install the o2 sensor; Third, one fuel injector needs to be replaced, October 2005. The labor is a lot higher than the new injector; Fourth, the windshield cracked. This probably happened on highway. December 2005. A $300 replacement; Fifth, the A/C went out May 2006. A $500 repair. In a word, the well-reputed reliability of Nissan/Infiniti seems open to question. The performance of the car is no fun. Miserable acceleration. Engine noise.

Simply awesome.
By Astaroth on 07/12/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 Infiniti G20 4dr Sedan

I've owned this infiniti for only 6 mts, yet I had a 95 for over 3 years. Very fun car to drive. The T model includes all the options you may ever want, there's not too many out there on the road, and for a 4 cylinder engine, this 2.0 Liter SR20DE is really top of the line. Unfortunately they are no longer in the US. The nissan primera (as it is known in Europe, Japan) last year for the US was 2002... I don't know what I'll do once I have to switch my car. :(

good
By kwrkarka on 04/11/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 Infiniti G20 4dr Sedan

I have the 5 speed manual and it was my first car. It is very reliable and enjoyable to drive everyday. I had a problem with the power steering hose and had to get it replaced but other than that, its good.

Great Car!
By ~V~ on 04/21/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 Infiniti G20 4dr Sedan

I've ran this car at the tracks stock... The best time i had was a 16.6 quarter mile time. After I added an intake, full pipe exhaust, and an ignition system, I dropped almost a full second (15.7) Just wanted to say that this car is the most reliable car out there, because if it's still kickin after the way I drive it... it's build to last!!!

Best Car for the money
By dervishme on 02/11/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1994 Infiniti G20 4dr Sedan

After 10 years and almost 150k miles later my G20 is still running strong! Except for oil, plugs and filters change this car has not had a single thing replaced! Too bad Infinity no longer build this little gem.

A great car to drive and to own!
By ags25 on 10/29/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1994 Infiniti G20 4dr Sedan

I love my 1994 G20!!! This car has a lot of spunk at a great price! The quality and reliability is superb! I would highly recommend this car to anyone!

Great Little Sedan
By JillBS on 06/28/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 Infiniti G20 4dr Sedan

I got a '94 G20 Touring Edition from a little old man who didn't realize what a gem he was getting rid of. I was somewhat new to the Infiniti...but loved the way it drove & looked. Although I dont put a huge amt. of miles on it... Since 1994 it has never left me stranded... parts are easily accessible as well...unlike other "high end" foreign vehicles. This one has 75,000 miles on it & from what i've read on these other reviews.. mine has a long way to go before its past its prime! I highly recommend this car.

My First Car
By G20Driver on 06/18/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 Infiniti G20 4dr Sedan

I bought this car used in 1999. It's the perfect college car so far. It has taken a beating, but it has had no major problems to date. Just regular fix-ups (tires, brakes, half-shafts, battery, etc.). My only issues with this car is very little torque and a long shift throw. Not a big deal considering what you get (no relationship is perfect). If you are looking at used cars, this is a GREAT buy.