Used 1993 Infiniti G20 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1993 Infiniti G20 - Consumer Reviews

1993 Infiniti G20

Base 2.0L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual - (32 reviews )

My Dear G20
By ChrisG20

1993 Infiniti G20 4dr Sedan

I've owned my 1993.5 G20 since 1997. Bought it at 37,000miles and presently it has 213,967miles. This is the best car I have ever owned. It has never failed me. I replaced original water hose at 185K, speaker packed up at 197K and starter at 203K. Apart from those three items, everything in my G20 has performed flawlessly since 1997. Even the highly rated Acura and Lexus are not this trouble-free. I love my G20, WONDERFUL CAR INDEED!

Favorite Features

Gas mileage, low maintenance, reliability and ability to nogotiate corners is amazing.

Suggested Improvements

Increase the leg room and provide cup holder.

Best Car Ever Owned
By J. B.

1993 Infiniti G20 4dr Sedan

I've owned my 1993.5 G20 (5 spd) for almost 9 years. Bought it at 22,000mi, and it now has 167,000mi. Best car I've ever owned. Absolutely bullet- proof, unfailingly dependable, and best steering of any car I've ever driven except possibly the original VW Scirocco. Replaced original clutch at 160,000, alternator replaced under warranty at 30,000, ABS servo (inexpensive, minor switch replacement) had to be replaced at 135,000, Cruise stopped working at 155,000. Other than those items, absolutely everything in this car has performed flawlessly for 9 years, including AC. Can't imagine a more trouble-free car has ever been made. GREAT CAR!

Favorite Features

steering, handling, amazing dependability, very low maintenance costs, nice stereo, sunroof, gas mileage (26+ city, 31+ hwy)

Suggested Improvements

more low end torque would be nice, but I like the gas mileage.

Quality of Performance/Reliability
By Aja

1993 Infiniti G20 4dr Sedan

I had hardly any trouble at all with it. I bought it used w/64,000 miles on it and it ran great until almost 180,000 miles before I had to replace the transmission. Now it runs just as good as it did before. It's so nice to have a car that doesn't have something going wrong w/it every other month. It makes me scared of buying anything other than an Infiniti. Infiniti has it's reputation for a reason. Luckily, these older style G20's don't look like a 1993 car.

Favorite Features

The way the car looks is my favorite part. To me it looks like a classy car.

Suggested Improvements

Well, the 1993 did not have cup holders or power seats which I am sure the newer ones have now. It needs a little more power and traction.

This is one fun car!
By bhoot

1993 Infiniti G20 4dr Sedan

This is the perfect used car, I bought it with 111k on it and it runs like a champ. Great looking car, I would buy another one in a heartbeat.

Suggested Improvements

Cup holders

What a disappointment
By Stevinator

1993 Infiniti G20 4dr Sedan

When we hit 80,000 miles, something major went out every six months. We just wanted to get rid of it.