Used 1993 Infiniti G20 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1993 Infiniti G20 - Consumer Reviews

1993 Infiniti G20

Base 2.0L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual - (32 reviews )

G20T
By kakashi

1993 Infiniti G20 4dr Sedan

My car was purchased 93. Have a lot of fun with it especially when the boost kicks in. You guys should try it with turbonetics turbo upgrade and greddy parts. My car is old but it will definitely smoke any new g20 389whp!!!!!!!

Favorite Features

turbo baby

Suggested Improvements

back wheel drive

Not as great as everyone's saying
By Bri

1993 Infiniti G20 4dr Sedan

Bought in 2006 with 135k; now at 170k, I have many issues with this car. The lack of a cup holder is absurd. I've replaced 3 out of 4 pwr window motors, the sunroof motor is about to die, the A/C has recently started acting up. I've replaced an engine mount 3 times. In the summer, after driving for about 30 mins, gasoline fumes fill the car--dealer can't figure out the problem. Fuel economy not what I'd expect from a 4cyl. I get 20 city, 24 hwy. I will say the exterior styling is good-doesn't look 16 yrs old. Also, it has some features not found on many cars today (pwr passenger seat, heated mirrors, lighted entry system). Can be fun to drive when A/C off. VERY SMALL BACKSEAT-no legroom.

Favorite Features

Ext. styling holding up well to age, still looks decent. High-revs & light weight make it feel "zippy" around town, until A/C is turned on. Sunroof (when working). Pwr driver & passenger seats. Lighted entry system a nice touch.

Suggested Improvements

Cup holder! You don't realize how important it can be until you don't have one, trust me. MPG- 21/24 not good enough for a 2.0 4cyl compact car. Automatic shifts rough (I probably need a new trans at this point). More leg room. I'm 6'4 & DO NOT FIT in this car (parents bought, didn't choose it myself).

Infiniti 20 - A great car to own
By John G

1993 Infiniti G20 4dr Sedan

This was the first new car I ever bought and after 15 years it's still going strong at 242,000 miles. I bought an Infiniti because this girl I liked at the time drove one and I was impressed with the brand. I could only afford the G20, but what a deal it was. No car payments for 10 years now. My wife has suggested selling or donating it. I think not.

Favorite Features

Reliability, great radio/sound system, and a big trunk.

Suggested Improvements

Cup holders

First and only
By Mr. Infiniti

1993 Infiniti G20 4dr Sedan

This car was the first car that I have ever owned and I do not want anything other then it. I bought the car with 83,000 miles and had it until 140,000. I only changed some electrical and the alternator on the car which only cost me about $550 over a 6 year period. Recently, the transmission will not hold 5th gear, so I decided to move on and trade it in. I am actually in the market looking for a G20 between 2000-2002 because I just can not get enough of this car. They drive fantastic and look so good for an older car. I plan to keep getting Infinitis because of their reliability and performance on the road.

Favorite Features

The handling, the speed (mine's a manual), the moonroof, and the style of the car.

Suggested Improvements

The cupholders are my only complaint. (Since the cup holders are right below the stereo, my large drink spilled right into the stereo and made my keys sticky (part my fault, part their fault)).

A car to keep
By Beth

1993 Infiniti G20 4dr Sedan

I bought this car with 1100 miles on it and it's not approaching 100,000. I love the way this car drives. I have no inclination to replace it because I still love driving it after 14 years. Seats are perfect. Cornering is a dream. Quiet ride. Has aged well. Plan on keeping it another decade. I just love this car. Wouldn't sell it or trade it for something new.

Favorite Features

Handling, seats, engine boost toggle switch, brakes.

Suggested Improvements

As was said, this car is deficient for lack of cup holder.