1993 Infiniti G20 Sedan - Consumer Reviews

Base 2.0L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual - (32 reviews )
MY MURDEROUS MACHINE
By mhm2 on 10/04/12 11:11 AM (PDT)

1993 Infiniti G20 Sedan 4dr Sedan

I bought the car with 194k. Engine was perfect but swapped for jdm nissan primera SR20. Catalytic Delete, tuned ECU. Dynoed at 180hp with just those mods and i'm getting 28mpg city. Body is perfect except for two rust holes, no frame rust, beautiful clean interior, insulated very well. All accesories work including the R12 A/C. would recommend this to anyone who wants a luxurious daily-driver/sleeper. Very easy to work on from a mechanic's perspective. I only wish they had put in cup holders. drilled some plastic ones into the bottom of the dash. 120mph on the highway all day! very technologically advanced for its time

First car I bought
By damiank46 on 03/29/11 00:04 AM (PDT)

1993 Infiniti G20 Sedan 4dr Sedan

The Infiniti g20 is the first car I purchased on my own I love it can't find the gov. Had it at 127 in fifth gear with 2000rpm left Baught it with 194000 miles now has 203000 miles and runs strong highly recommended

Good commuter
By velocat on 10/18/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 Infiniti G20 Sedan 4dr Sedan

The 93 G20 was very reliable. I put on 140,000 miles on it and it had no major repairs outside of scheduled repairs and tune-up items. No surprises at all. Impressive. The car had excellent pep and acceleration so long as there was only two people in it and no cargo in trunk. Fill it up with 4 adult passengers and truck of luggage and crank up the AC, then you can actually feel the engine being taxed on freeway on-ramps or long hill climbs. Speaking of trunk, it is large for a car this size, used the then new "Cab forward design.

Finally time to switch
By gabelber on 08/15/10 23:10 PM (PDT)

1993 Infiniti G20 Sedan 4dr Sedan

I've had so much fun with this car, but it's finally giving out.. But at 17 years, and 112k miles most of which were short-range, I'm OK with that. Now, the 5th gear pops out frequently which seems like a frequent problem with Nissans/Infinitis around this model year. Also, my kids are starting to outgrow the back seats (twins are almost 8 years).

I'll miss our G20"
By Xottawan on 05/02/10 12:10 PM (PDT)

1993 Infiniti G20 Sedan 4dr Sedan

After 17 years it's time to say goodbye to this reliable family car. Why? Twenty-first century safety and fuel economy realities demand that gas-guzzlers and cars lacking all the safety features no longer should carry your family members---or anyone else for that matter. But over the years this car rarely required repairs (one blown tire, replacement of front shocks and one bad engine mount --- that was everything in all those years. We still have not decided what will replace it.

G20T
By kakashi on 06/11/09 21:39 PM (PDT)

1993 Infiniti G20 Sedan 4dr Sedan

My car was purchased 93. Have a lot of fun with it especially when the boost kicks in. You guys should try it with turbonetics turbo upgrade and greddy parts. My car is old but it will definitely smoke any new g20 389whp!!!!!!!

Not as great as everyone's saying
By Bri on 05/05/09 22:24 PM (PDT)

1993 Infiniti G20 Sedan 4dr Sedan

Bought in 2006 with 135k; now at 170k, I have many issues with this car. The lack of a cup holder is absurd. I've replaced 3 out of 4 pwr window motors, the sunroof motor is about to die, the A/C has recently started acting up. I've replaced an engine mount 3 times. In the summer, after driving for about 30 mins, gasoline fumes fill the car--dealer can't figure out the problem. Fuel economy not what I'd expect from a 4cyl. I get 20 city, 24 hwy. I will say the exterior styling is good-doesn't look 16 yrs old. Also, it has some features not found on many cars today (pwr passenger seat, heated mirrors, lighted entry system). Can be fun to drive when A/C off. VERY SMALL BACKSEAT-no legroom.

Infiniti 20 - A great car to own
By John G on 04/24/09 12:25 PM (PDT)

1993 Infiniti G20 Sedan 4dr Sedan

This was the first new car I ever bought and after 15 years it's still going strong at 242,000 miles. I bought an Infiniti because this girl I liked at the time drove one and I was impressed with the brand. I could only afford the G20, but what a deal it was. No car payments for 10 years now. My wife has suggested selling or donating it. I think not.

First and only
By Mr. Infiniti on 07/08/08 09:43 AM (PDT)

1993 Infiniti G20 Sedan 4dr Sedan

This car was the first car that I have ever owned and I do not want anything other then it. I bought the car with 83,000 miles and had it until 140,000. I only changed some electrical and the alternator on the car which only cost me about $550 over a 6 year period. Recently, the transmission will not hold 5th gear, so I decided to move on and trade it in. I am actually in the market looking for a G20 between 2000-2002 because I just can not get enough of this car. They drive fantastic and look so good for an older car. I plan to keep getting Infinitis because of their reliability and performance on the road.

A car to keep
By Beth on 03/30/08 21:17 PM (PDT)

1993 Infiniti G20 Sedan 4dr Sedan

I bought this car with 1100 miles on it and it's not approaching 100,000. I love the way this car drives. I have no inclination to replace it because I still love driving it after 14 years. Seats are perfect. Cornering is a dream. Quiet ride. Has aged well. Plan on keeping it another decade. I just love this car. Wouldn't sell it or trade it for something new.