1992 Infiniti G20 - Consumer Reviews

Base 2.0L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual - (10 reviews )
Great value
By MrBurns on 02/17/08 11:15 AM (PST)

1992 Infiniti G20 4dr Sedan

I had this car since 2001. I bought this car with 113,000 miles on it now it has 203,000. I had to do some maintenance on it through out the years but nothing major. Replaced rotors starter and the alternator. Overall I don’t think there is a more reliable car out there. I drive a 5 speed and never had a problem. The car has a timeless design, people don’t believe that it’s a 92. I want to buy a new car but this one is still going strong. The interior doesn't look like new anymore but I don’t want to make those monthly payments. Performance is awesome. How many cars this old can do 100 miles per hour on the highway and not fall apart. Yes it can go this fast and feel steady.

Infinit/Nissan is the best
By Shift_ on 10/15/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1992 Infiniti G20 4dr Sedan

Bought the car for $700 and it runs great. Interior quality is one of the best I have seen (better than some newer car I have driven). Road/Wind noise is minimal. A/C is extremly cold, heat is exellent. Interior is still entact nothing is broken or loose. Exterior has no dents and paint still shines. Car is better than my 1991 Toyota Camry which has about the same amount of miles but is falling apart (interior buttons etc.)

so far so good
By likinit on 05/12/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1992 Infiniti G20 4dr Sedan

I love the handling, although some may find it quite stiff. The engine is spirited if you will give it some RPM. It has a tendency to fall down @ 4500 RPM in warm weather, a cold-air intake upgrade should fix it. The styling is understated but quite nice, but not real showy. 5 Speed mileage is superb; I've been getting 33+

Sure Bet
By MIchael H on 08/04/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1992 Infiniti G20 4dr Sedan

I have had my G20 for a few months now and all though there is nothing overly impressive about it , you cant forget the reliability of the car its not a car that turns heads, But it however does grant a sense of security for the owner to know the maintenance will be cheap and there will be little to maintain

gotta Love this car
By bucsfan001 on 07/26/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1992 Infiniti G20 4dr Sedan

nice spory luxury sedan, The body style is attractive, interior is very nice wood triming and leather seats (although they will crack and tear if not cared for)gives it that nice up- scale feel The suspension is nearly flawless bending curves with speed is not a problem for the G20. 140 horsepower Twin-cam 16 valve engine delevers a pretty nice kick.

Fun car to drive
By vicbsee on 05/04/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1992 Infiniti G20 4dr Sedan

I purchased this car used, with about 80,000 miles on it. This car could go to over 75mph in 2nd, and over 100mph in third, and on the curves it felt as if was glued to the road. However, at 170,000 the tranmision went. That is that. The ABS work great, especially in the crappy winters in New England, so far I never gut stock in the snow. Was rear ended, hit a dear, however after repairs, it just kept going. Would buy this kind of car again in a heartbeat. If you have one, enjoy it. I was very happy with it, and once I donate it next week (05/03), will miss it. Victor C.

No more G20
By Aaron on 04/13/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1992 Infiniti G20 4dr Sedan

Its been downhill ever since I bought this car. Most likely the dealership sold me this car with a broken ac compressor, its been fixed three times and is currently broken. At 100,000 miles the car fell apart. I fixed the key ignition, alternator, battery, brake lights, sunroof motor, window motor, gear shift, and air conditioner. Latley the transmission is going out and the car will not go over 2500 rpm. The car looks well for being a '92 and is fun to drive when it was working. However, it didn't work very often.

Commentary information on1992InfinitiG20
By j.m on 02/22/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1992 Infiniti G20 4dr Sedan

I bought from a one owner with 157,000 miles, all original, maintenance records etc from Dana Point, Southern California, and drove it to my home in Clovis, California....I have now 167,000 miles and still runs extremely well. I am a student and on weekends drive it to the bay area.

Fun drive
By Canadian Moose on 08/26/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1992 Infiniti G20 4dr Sedan

Great car. In the short time ive owned it(2yrs) the only thing that has needed replacing were the tires. Loads of fun.

most of the fun, none of the headaches
By freewheelinfranklin on 06/28/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1992 Infiniti G20 4dr Sedan

I have driven this car for it's existence and the build quality and reliability never cease to amaze me..quite literally could not be better in those categories....a little more power would be appreciated, especially since the slush box seems indecisive (except on full throttle upshifts which it handles with authority at redline)...very refined handling which was improved further by the addition of a set of Yokohama AVID H4's in the same size as the originals...razor sharp turn in with little noise