1991 Infiniti G20 - Consumer Reviews

Base 2.0L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual - (10 reviews )
Best car I've ever had
By illili1 on 05/22/11 08:24 AM (PDT)

1991 Infiniti G20 4dr Sedan

My father got this car from a neighbor at 140k and rebuilt the engine (he was a mechanic). The car now has 205k on it and it's still running strong. The automatic transmission just gave us some trouble with shifting, but after flushing it the problem has stopped. This car handles better than any other I've ever driven, and with an sr20 (despite being stock) it hauls. I wouldn't really romp on it anymore seeing as it's over 200k. It's low to the ground, but handles pretty well in the snow, although the back end is a little on the light side. I would love to buy another, and wish they still made this specific model. The closest thing is probably Nissans' Sentra model.

Wish they made them new!
By Philbe on 11/25/09 19:50 PM (PST)

1991 Infiniti G20 4dr Sedan

I purchased this car with 120k on it. I put roughly 25k on it while I owned it. Would have it MUCH longer, but fate wouldn't allow it. I was rear ended earlier this year...TOTALED! Very underrated, sporty, nimble car. Fantastic build quality, especially during the wreck (hit while @ a dead stop, by a car going 55mph). No injuries other than whiplash, thanks to crumple zones. Wish I could find another one!

Best Car Ever!
By Ibjerni on 07/04/08 10:07 AM (PDT)

1991 Infiniti G20 4dr Sedan

I bought this car used in 1993 with 17,000 on it and it now has 159,314. Aside from new CV boots, power antennae, starter and alternator, with regular maintenance, this car has been FANTASTIC! Drives like a dream! I agree with previous review about cup holders- needs some. Pearl white paint has held up nicely and still looks like a new car when waxed. I'd like a newer car, but it runs and looks SO GOOD, I hate to part with it!

Great gas saver for trips
By Les Burns on 07/11/06 11:25 AM (PDT)

1991 Infiniti G20 4dr Sedan

The car now has 220,865 miles on it and still runs like new. Does not burn or leak any oil. The thing I don't like is the automatic shoulder belt that was used during those years. I find it very irritating. Other than that, the vehicle is fun to drive; plenty of power and holds the road nicely.

91&92 G20
By 91&2g20 on 04/17/06 23:06 PM (PDT)

1991 Infiniti G20 4dr Sedan

1992 has 66,000 miles on it and has been very reliable. It has been in the family since new. Overall a very good car. 1991 - Have had it for two years and it has about 152,000 miles on it. It is in amazingly good shape for the miles and does not drive very different than the low mileage 1992. The paint, blue, is in very good condition on both vehicles. Everything works though the power windows are too slow when wet. The only problem I have had is with the resistor that is used to reduce fan speed. It is very nice to have the ABS brakes.

10 years and still goin'
By bbartle on 11/05/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1991 Infiniti G20 4dr Sedan

I purchased a USED '91 Infiniti G20 in December of '93 and have been driving it ever since. I now have 148,000 miles on the car. The driver's side window motor died a long time ago and cost $500 to fix at the Infiniti dealer. The started died this past week and cost $400 to repair. Those are my only unscheduled repairs in almost 10 years. This car has proven to be highly reliable.

Forget the Civic... I did!
By Alfafox on 08/20/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1991 Infiniti G20 4dr Sedan

I used to a 1999 Honda Civic. Then I got wise and picked up a used 1995 Infiniti G20. This car is literally within 10ths of an inch of the size of my Civic, with more hip and shoulder room. After driving a car that was slow and frugal it is great to get similar gas mileage in a car that does not scream 'I just graduated... high school.' All I'm sayin' is that the Civic never handled as well, reached 60 as fast with 3 passengers or stayed as comfortable after 13 hours of driving the way my G20 does. This car rocks.

Greatest Value
By GoInfinitiStyle on 10/22/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1991 Infiniti G20 4dr Sedan

This car gives you truely great value with its price. It is one of the best handling car man ever made.

Infiniti G20
By Rasta on 10/02/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1991 Infiniti G20 4dr Sedan

Very fun car to drive, excellent handling, still has zip after 150000 miles.

Good every-day car
By asdfasdfdasf on 02/26/02 15:27 PM (PST)

1991 Infiniti G20 4dr Sedan

Few, if any problems, excellent reliable driver, a bit expensive to fix. Not very spirited or fun to drive, but gets you from point A to point B in relative comfort.