Used 1991 Infiniti G20 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1991 Infiniti G20 - Consumer Reviews

Base 2.0L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual - (10 reviews )

Best car I've ever had
By illili1

1991 Infiniti G20 4dr Sedan

My father got this car from a neighbor at 140k and rebuilt the engine (he was a mechanic). The car now has 205k on it and it's still running strong. The automatic transmission just gave us some trouble with shifting, but after flushing it the problem has stopped. This car handles better than any other I've ever driven, and with an sr20 (despite being stock) it hauls. I wouldn't really romp on it anymore seeing as it's over 200k. It's low to the ground, but handles pretty well in the snow, although the back end is a little on the light side. I would love to buy another, and wish they still made this specific model. The closest thing is probably Nissans' Sentra model.

Gas mileage (I got ~32 with the automatic) Handling Reliability Power for its size

A cup holder would be nice, but I'm not one to multitask when driving. I was not a huge fan of the leather seats, but that tends to come with luxury cars. Some electrical components have broken over the twenty years, but what can you expect? (drivers window motor, blower motor only works on setting 4, drivers automatic seatbelt failed recently).

Wish they made them new!
By Philbe

1991 Infiniti G20 4dr Sedan

I purchased this car with 120k on it. I put roughly 25k on it while I owned it. Would have it MUCH longer, but fate wouldn't allow it. I was rear ended earlier this year...TOTALED! Very underrated, sporty, nimble car. Fantastic build quality, especially during the wreck (hit while @ a dead stop, by a car going 55mph). No injuries other than whiplash, thanks to crumple zones. Wish I could find another one!

5spd was Excellent, Power options worked flawlessly, 2.0 engine was perfect for this size car, the trunk hinges were genius (saved lots of space!)

CUP HOLDERS, Larger glove box

Best Car Ever!
By Ibjerni

1991 Infiniti G20 4dr Sedan

I bought this car used in 1993 with 17,000 on it and it now has 159,314. Aside from new CV boots, power antennae, starter and alternator, with regular maintenance, this car has been FANTASTIC! Drives like a dream! I agree with previous review about cup holders- needs some. Pearl white paint has held up nicely and still looks like a new car when waxed. I'd like a newer car, but it runs and looks SO GOOD, I hate to part with it!

Reliability, smoothness on highway and looks.

I'm sure by now, they have improved everything. Infiniti's are incredible!

Great gas saver for trips
By Les Burns

1991 Infiniti G20 4dr Sedan

The car now has 220,865 miles on it and still runs like new. Does not burn or leak any oil. The thing I don't like is the automatic shoulder belt that was used during those years. I find it very irritating. Other than that, the vehicle is fun to drive; plenty of power and holds the road nicely.

Design and engine performance. Does not have a timing belt (has chain).

eliminate the pesky automatic shoulder strap.

91&92 G20
By 91&2g20

1991 Infiniti G20 4dr Sedan

1992 has 66,000 miles on it and has been very reliable. It has been in the family since new. Overall a very good car. 1991 - Have had it for two years and it has about 152,000 miles on it. It is in amazingly good shape for the miles and does not drive very different than the low mileage 1992. The paint, blue, is in very good condition on both vehicles. Everything works though the power windows are too slow when wet. The only problem I have had is with the resistor that is used to reduce fan speed. It is very nice to have the ABS brakes.

Handling is very good

I wish the one with leather interior was cloth, like the other.