Used 2013 Infiniti G Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2013 Infiniti G Sedan

View reviews for a specific G Sedan model:

Fast, fun, sporty...
By edizzy86

2013 Infiniti G Sedan G37 Sport 4dr Sedan (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

I'v had the G37 sport sedan for a year now I have to say this car handles very well. It is a bit firm on the road and that's expected with the sport suspension. The 6 speed shifts are smooth but first gear is quicker then most 6 speeds I've driven. Power is quick and on tap. Navigation works well and the interface is easy and Infiniti did a great job of allowing voice, steering wheel control, dash control and touch screen on every component of the media and navigation for connivence. This is not a car you buy unless you plan on being at the pump. I mainly drive to work and back and the occasional windy road trip but not good for long trips with 17 mpg.

Favorite Features

Navigation, handles, clutch, engine

Suggested Improvements

MPG

A muscle car in a slightly-upgraded clothing
By between3and14

2013 Infiniti G Sedan G37 Journey 4dr Sedan (3.7L 6cyl 7A)

I got this G37 RWD Journey to inject some fun in my family car/ 100 miles/day commute routine. It delivered mostly with its responsive engine, communicative steering and pretty stiff but competent suspension. I have a slight issue with the automanual though - it is supposed to have the rev-matching feature but so far it seems to over-rev quite a bit - so the car surges forward on downshifts (3->2 especially). The seats are nicely shaped but somewhat hard on the bottom - the heater element might be the cause. Anything in the front cupholders seems to get in the way of operating the gearshift stick. The maintenance alert system relies on simple mileage and does not monitor oil/engine state.

Favorite Features

Leather (vs leatherette) seating, seats shape, engine, suspension, tilting instrument cluster

Suggested Improvements

Automanual transmission overrev fix, more and better placed storage bins, darker factory-tinted glass all-around, maintenance minder system

G37x
By mlbm001

2013 Infiniti G Sedan G37x 4dr Sedan AWD (3.7L 6cyl 7A)

I really like the car, but the ride is firm and road noise is noticeable on less than perfect roads. Infiniti will need to up their game on technology features on the next generation Q50.

Favorite Features

Engine, keyless entry and push button start, back up camera, Nav weather feature.

Suggested Improvements

Improve technology features and offer blind spot mirrors, lane departure warning, forward collision warning, adaptive cruise control, remote start and ambient lighting.

My second G
By slonedigitty

2013 Infiniti G Sedan G37x 4dr Sedan AWD (3.7L 6cyl 7A)

This is the second G Sedan X that I have owned. My first was an 07 G35X and I loved it! I just traded it in and got an 13 G35X. You won't regret the decision of buying this car. Great price backed up by reliability and great customer service. I didn't have one problem with my first G and it had 68,000 miles on it when I traded her in. My only issue would be that the interior and exterior styling hasn't changed very much even in 6 years! But, I guess you don't wanna mess with success. And as far as performance goes, you will not be disappointed. With an avg of 20mpg and 0-60 in the low 5.0 range you can't lose. And lastly, the Bose system and interface is amazing.

Favorite Features

The Bose Sound System and touch screen interface are a couple of my fav features. One of the best car stereos I've heard along with a very easy to us interface, makes driving this car every morning a JOY! The AWD is also incredible in the snow. Even with my last G, it drove through New Englands harsh Winter with ease.

Suggested Improvements

I wish the dealers would stock more colors and options and not make it so "cookie cutter".

You CAN do better G37 SPORT AUTO
By blurayking

2013 Infiniti G Sedan G37 Sport 4dr Sedan (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

Once a very good car minus the gas mileage. I've had this car for 3 weeks and it averages 20.3 MPG. TERRIBLE! This is my second G Sedan since 2006 and that car got 25 MPG. compared to this one. What went wrong?? I think it's their 7 speed transmission. It shifts too many times and NOT smoothly. I drive on the highway 90% of the time. So, it SHOULD by about 26 MPG. Why spend $46,000 for a 2013 G37S?? when there ARE better cars (BMW, Lexus and Audi) out there.

Favorite Features

Interior stiching on the leather trim.

Suggested Improvements

GAS MILEAGE, GAS MILEAGE!!!