2012 Infiniti G Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific G Sedan model:
Looks nice but many faults
By sherm624 on 08/15/14 08:02 AM (PDT)

2012 Infiniti G Sedan G37x 4dr Sedan AWD (3.7L 6cyl 7A)

We hated this car so much that we returned it 9 months before the end of our lease and paid thousands just to be rid of it. The car looks great but driving is a chore. Steering requires effort, engine noise will wake the dead. Everyone thought the car had an exhaust leak. Transmission is horrible - difficult to launch smooth. Gas mileage is around 22 combined. It misses the mark in luxury by neglecting amenities found in competitors, such as cooled seats, front sensors (only has rear), rain sensing wipers, wood steering wheel. On trips longer than 30 minutes it is not comfortable and the cabin is very cramped. No wonder they stopped making this car.

2nd "G" and Still Loving It...
By dbalsam on 08/06/14 07:12 AM (PDT)

2012 Infiniti G Sedan G37x Sport Appearance Edition 4dr Sedan AWD (3.7L 6cyl 7A)

Prior had 08 G35xS. Bulletproof reliability and loved the car overall. MPG's were not the best and some road/wind noise. Recently stepped into a 12 G37xS. Even though they look similar, a lot of smaller improvements to make car even better. I am also avg. 3mpg better doing same drive. Writing this for anyone looking for a great used car value that appreciates sporty sedan vs. a Camry/Accord. Probably still the best overall value in a 4dr. sports sedan with AWD. Road/Wind noise improved on G37 and much quieter on Hwy. with 7spd auto vs 5spd as engine revs are lower. Suspension seems better over bumps vs. G35 and more solid. Steering lightened up some at low speeds vs. G35.

Forget the GPS
By mherzen on 11/12/13 12:03 PM (PST)

2012 Infiniti G Sedan G37x 4dr Sedan AWD (3.7L 6cyl 7A)

This has good to great handling, very quick acceleration, superb braking. Front seats do not support the hamstring properly, so somewhat uncomfortable. And, the ride is very stiff, so you will feel every bump - not for everyone. My biggest complaint, tho, is the GPS. You pay all this money for this device, you expect it to reliably choose the shortest/best route. This one does not (and I have compared it to others). It frequently gives bogus instructions to change your route, when no such change is necessary or desirable. My complaints to Infiniti have been met with the usual shrug - canned, meaningless responses. My advice: us your cellphone - no map updates needed, & traffic incl

Great Car to Lease
By tornado542 on 12/08/12 22:40 PM (PST)

2012 Infiniti G Sedan G25x 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5 6cyl 7A)

Amazing lease deals on G25x. Got a 2012 for 1300 down and 335 a month incl tax. That's amazing for a luxury car! Can't even get a v6 Camry or accord for that. Decent power, good mpg, awd! Very nice interior and controls. Handles like a dream. Seats too small, not enough thigh support.

very sure footed
By stewmeat on 06/22/12 08:23 AM (PDT)

2012 Infiniti G Sedan G37x 4dr Sedan AWD (3.7L 6cyl 7A)

Pros : power + , bose sysyem with streaming audio , navigation , interior design , price compared to others in it's class. Cons : Transmission hesitates or delays , back seat only good for kids , gas milage is just ok Let me start by saying, " this is a nice car" the build quality seems very good. The power is beyond great, and the bose system has a bass filled beat that will keep up with any. You can stream music from your phone without pluging it in (love it) flip through the songs on your phone, look at your address book on the dislay, control it all with your hands on the wheel. Also you can burn your cd's or store phone numbers on the built in hard drive.

OMG! LURVE IT=)
By misspmv on 06/07/12 23:04 PM (PDT)

2012 Infiniti G Sedan G25 Journey 4dr Sedan (2.5 6cyl 7A)

After 3yrs of pining and researching and pouring over reviews of the Lexus and Audi, my husband suggested this car and the decision was made and purchased within 24 hours. I hadn't considered Infiniti at all but when my husband and I saw the Spring Event Sale, I went the next day to view it. Long story short, I loved it from the start. It's sexy, fast, comfortable, and great buy and the sound system is awesome! My husband now calls me a "Thumper" b/c I all of a sudden like my music with a lot of bumping bass. I got this car for my 40th birthday and I really couldn't be happier! Everyday I fall more in love with this car. The best part is I don't see my car at every turn/light!

Great Car
By robflo22 on 06/03/12 15:53 PM (PDT)

2012 Infiniti G Sedan G25x 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5 6cyl 7A)

I've had this car for a few months and am very happy with it. Coming from a 2009 Maxima 3.5 SV, it is definitely a step down in power, but the engine is powerful and provides adequate horsepower to still make the car a fun drive. Still a good amount of engine roar when accelerating. Not a fan of the 7speed transmission; would perform much better with a CVT like the Maxima has. The drivers seat is also very small, I am only 5'9 and I feel like a giant sometimes, the car needs a thigh extender on the seat. The steering is very tight which is great to give the car a sportier feel. Gas mileage is about 22-24 mostly highway, will be lower once AWD kicks in. Nice alternative to G37!!

G37 2012 Premium & Nav Packages
By ljpzap on 02/15/12 17:27 PM (PST)

2012 Infiniti G Sedan G37 Journey 4dr Sedan (3.7L 6cyl 7A)

Great car. Tested IS-250, ES-350, BMW 328i, Acura TL and Maxima. Really depends on what you like. All cars were nice, but G37 was the most fun and overall best to drive. Only down side is yes it is a little small inside if you are in the back seat, but I didn't plan to ride in the back while driving my car. It compares nicely against the 328i and is more bang for the buck. TL came in 2'nd for me as it felt just a little too big and bulky when cornering. Stilll a good choice though again depending on the ride you are looking for. Averaging 23.5 in mixed 50/50 driving

Glad I bought the G
By tkstten on 11/20/11 18:19 PM (PST)

So I test drove many vehicles before selecting the G37X with Sport, premium, nav: BMW 3 Series was a great ride, but the RFTs scare me & the value is not great. BMW X3: great ride but I went for smaller. Mercedes GLK: same deal. Volvo S40 was nothing special. The luxury of the G series is pretty outstanding, the handling is on par with BMW 3 series. No complaints at all except MPGs. If I could go back, I would choose the G25 & improve the MPG.

I love my new G25 Journey
By ccaywood on 10/27/11 22:07 PM (PDT)

2012 Infiniti G Sedan G25 Journey 4dr Sedan (2.5 6cyl 7A)

Its been 3.5 months, and I still smile every day when I slide behind the wheel. This is the best car that I have owned (leased)!

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2012 Infiniti G Sedan in VA is:

$170 per month*