Still in the Honeymoon Phase, but Great So Far
By dammitjim1 on
2011 Infiniti G Sedan G37x Sport Appearance Edition 4dr Sedan AWD (3.7L 6cyl 7A)
I was in the market for a new car, due to the approaching lease end on my Honda Accord Coupe, which I liked a great deal. Infiniti was not initially at the top of my list. I test drove a near fully loaded G37X near the end of May - Sport, Nav, Premium packages included, and was quite pleasantly surprised at the ride, handling, build quality, and technical sophistication. The dealer made an very aggressive lease offer and I took it. I have the car just about 3 weeks, and am very pleased. Ride, handling, and interior comfort are all just outstanding. The value for the money on the G series sedan is seriously impressive. There are not many other makes can touch Infiniti in this category.
Favorite Features
A lot to cover in 700 chars. The ride and handling are excellent, with very brisk acceleration, even with the weight added by the AWD - seemingly effortless passing power available. Road and wind noise are very subdued, even at highway speeds. Manual shifts w/paddles are great fun on twisty roads! Interior build quality and comfort is excellent - the extra bolstering and thigh support in the Sport seats makes a difference on long rides. The sound quality on the upgraded Bose stereo that comes with the Premium package is outstanding. Likewise for the NAV system, and the voice interface. Slick & sophisticated, yet still intuitive to program. Views & route guidance easily customizable.
Suggested Improvements
Nothing significant so far - I will post an update later. It's still in the break-in period I guess, so fuel economy is not wonderful so far. It's not something I can specifically call out as an area needing improvement, though. After all, you don't buy this car for the fuel economy. I hope this will improve to at least what I was getting with my Accord Coupe.