2011 Infiniti G Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific G Sedan model:
G25 Sedan: a devil in disguise?
By bjb_337 on 04/19/14 14:54 PM (PDT)

2011 Infiniti G Sedan G25 Journey 4dr Sedan (2.5 6cyl 7A)

I bought my G25 sedan almost a year ago with 26k. Within a week, had to take it to the dealer for condensation in one of the headlights. The dealer replaced it, covered under warranty. Now just within the past month, I've had to bring it back to the dealer twice. Once for the chrome trim peeling on the center console lid and then again for a rattle in the dash/ rattle in front passenger door and broken cupholder. Once again, the dealer did all work covered under warranty. Normally I would be just disgusted with a car that gave me these build quality issues, but for some reason I seem to fall in love with my G all over again every time I get it back from being in the new Q50 service loaner!!

Rattles, lack of interior storage
By hmkxi on 03/22/12 23:25 PM (PDT)

2011 Infiniti G Sedan G37 Journey 4dr Sedan (3.7L 6cyl 7A)

Bought September 2010, now has less than 4000 miles on it. Everything is fine except the rattles from the rear window area. I took it to the dealership once, but nothing has been solved. The rattles are not too bad, but still, it is definitely something prevents me from enjoying this car. Don't know whether another people have this problem or I am just unfortunate. Also, the interior storage is kinda insufficient. Overall, the rattles really ruins my confidence in buying another infiniti.

Exellent chasis, confused powertrain
By hopar on 11/10/11 07:57 AM (PST)

2011 Infiniti G Sedan G37 Journey 4dr Sedan (3.7L 6cyl 7A)

I have the regualr, non-sport G37 with stick 17 wheels, and the car is still very sporty, very neutral. At the same time the ride is well composed and smooth. Interior quality is good but not great. Its about on par with my VW GTI in terms material quality for the dash and all the nobs. The fake wood ook good but I've seen better. Leather is fine, but again not the best. Layout is very logical though. Interior room is also fine, but a little less that I expected for a vehicle this size. Considering the my other car, a VW GTI, which is some 20 in shorter has nearly as much front and backseat room... I will describe the power-train in suggested improvements page.

Glad I bought the G37
By wde on 10/17/11 05:50 AM (PDT)

2011 Infiniti G Sedan G37 Journey 4dr Sedan (3.7L 6cyl 7A)

I've been looking at cars off and on for a few months and the G37, Volvo S60, Maxima, and Genesis were on the list. Genesis was too large and I wasn't sold on the CVT in the Maxima. After driving the S60 and G37 back-to-back, I went with the G with the Premium package. Handling was a little sharper than the S60 and power is effortless. Plenty of features. The car is fun to drive. The ride is firm and on the sporty side, so if you want a softer ride, look at a Lexus. A G wants to be driven but will provide plenty of creature comforts at the same time.

Confident: G37 Sedan is Definitely a great purchase!
By johnx2011g37 on 09/21/11 22:43 PM (PDT)

2011 Infiniti G Sedan G37 Journey 4dr Sedan (3.7L 6cyl 7A)

Before making my decision on G37 Sedan, I carefully researched BMW 335i, Audi A4, Lexus IS350, the G37 Coupe (330HP). My pricing range is in between 35K - 45K. After test drove all these cars, I have to choose G37 sedan because it's a mix of quality and stylish and power. Most importantly, you could feel the car has built very solid, the engine makes you feel powerful, and confident on the street. While 335i has twin turbo but unfortunely tons of problems. Both A4 and IS350 lack of power. The G37 Coupe version is nice, but it's a bit heavier than the Sedan. also only 2 HP more than the sedan, I would recommend you getting Sedan not only I have one, but it's a better value by far.

Love it!
By alex1457 on 08/26/11 08:26 AM (PDT)

2011 Infiniti G Sedan G25x 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5 6cyl 7A)

My lease was ending on my 08 Sentra and I immediately thought of Infiniti. Went to my dealer and test drove the G35 but it wasn't for me. My salesman then showed me the 25x and that was it. No question! Its doesn't come with Navi but with an iPhone or any smart phone Navi is obsolete. This car is definitely a head turner, love the interior, super comfortable, great back up camera and the dash is awesome. The only thing that I don't like is the loud growl it makes when you take off, its slightly intimidating but then again I've only had her for a week so I'm sure I will get used to it in time. Hate driving in the snow but I'm sure this winter I won't mind.

Big huge mistake...don't you make it too
By edsets on 08/05/11 06:03 AM (PDT)

2011 Infiniti G Sedan G25x 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5 6cyl 7A)

After I went I took the car in for a slipping transmission. Was told the car needed to be broken in and to come back in a few months. I went back in 3,500 miles. The car will sometimes search for the gear it needs. Not safe when you're on the highway and attempting to pass another vehicle. This car has the potential to leave you hanging for several seconds while it searches and eventually engages. The dealer acknowledged that this transmission is suited for a 5 or 6 speed, not a 7 but that the car does perform according to how it was built. I asked if it would take people getting hurt to get Infinity to address the problem and was told, "yes"

Still in the Honeymoon Phase, but Great So Far
By dammitjim1 on 07/11/11 14:20 PM (PDT)

2011 Infiniti G Sedan G37x Sport Appearance Edition 4dr Sedan AWD (3.7L 6cyl 7A)

I was in the market for a new car, due to the approaching lease end on my Honda Accord Coupe, which I liked a great deal. Infiniti was not initially at the top of my list. I test drove a near fully loaded G37X near the end of May - Sport, Nav, Premium packages included, and was quite pleasantly surprised at the ride, handling, build quality, and technical sophistication. The dealer made an very aggressive lease offer and I took it. I have the car just about 3 weeks, and am very pleased. Ride, handling, and interior comfort are all just outstanding. The value for the money on the G series sedan is seriously impressive. There are not many other makes can touch Infiniti in this category.

Hot Rod Luxury Car
By les55 on 07/03/11 04:32 AM (PDT)

2011 Infiniti G Sedan G37 Journey 4dr Sedan (3.7L 6cyl 7A)

Owned a week and this car is hot! Heads turn when it's on the road. 26 MPG out of the box! A/C cools it down quickly--you need that on the Gulf Coast.

Fun to drive upscale sedan
By joelamp on 06/07/11 11:13 AM (PDT)

2011 Infiniti G Sedan G25x 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5 6cyl 7A)

Sufficient, though not massive, power from the 218 hp engine. Accelerates briskly, especially in DS or manual mode, but not a land rocket like the G37. EPA rates it only a mile or two per gallon better in fuel economy, but in real life driving I am getting around 24 mpg in the suburbs, while my friends with G37's get around 16-17 mpg. So we are talking around a 7-8 mpg improvement over the G37, which is like a 40-50% improvement. Handles and corners beautifully and is the first car I have owned that is actually fun to drive. Interior and exterior are classy and well designed. Base stereo is fine, don't understand unavailability of Bose upgrade and Navi system. Seats are very comfortable.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2011 Infiniti G Sedan in VA is:

$115 per month*