Used 2011 Infiniti G Sedan Consumer Reviews - 24 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Infiniti G Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific G Sedan model:

Avoid This Car Like the Plague
By kstout

2011 Infiniti G Sedan G37 Journey 4dr Sedan (3.7L 6cyl 7A)

I enjoyed this car until one day it broke down by what I was told was a "rare occurrence" which turns out to be a known issue with ALL Nissan/Infiniti cars. The transmission leaked fluid into the cooling system which damaged everything the mixed fluids came into contact with and totaled the car. Despite the fact that this is a manufacturer defect and known issue (internally) they refused to fix it because I was slightly out of warranty. I always serviced the vehicle regularly, drove responsibly, and even cleaned it weekly! After consulting with a dozen mechanics who specialize in Nissan/Infiniti, I've been informed that this issue goes back to an early 2000's model Pathfinder and Nissan refuses to recognize it publicly or help anyone who has lost their car because of a defect they are responsible for. Don't take my word for it, just do some searching online and you will see that this particular model and many other Infinitis with the 7AT transmission are notorious for problems. Like I said, it would be an enjoyable car if it actually worked, but I wouldn't advise anyone to risk their hard-earned money on this vehicle or a brand that refuses to take care of their customers.

Fun to drive
By J Ibsen

2011 Infiniti G Sedan G37x Sport Appearance Edition 4dr Sedan AWD (3.7L 6cyl 7A)

Solid car

Japanese BMW
By Tony

2011 Infiniti G Sedan G25x 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5 6cyl 7A)

After only owning cars from Germany and growing tiresome of the excessive maintenance cost that came with them I decided it was time for a change. Actually I was forced to change anyways due to the fact that a careless motorist killed my BMW 328xi. I wanted either a Lexus or an Infiniti for the fact that it would no longer cost me a fortune to repair or maintain those vehicles. I make 1 hour trips to and froe college and require a comfortable vehicle that I can rack up many harmless miles on. The Infiniti does not disappoint. But I must say that fuel economy isn't to much better that my BMW with a bigger engine. Also I feel obligated to mention that the cup holders are a joke and I hate them so so much! And I don't much care for the cheap hard plastics located by the steering column, should not be expected out of a 40000 dollar vehicle. But that is all the problems with my Infiniti, but I'm just nick picking the best I can, the list of complaints is much smaller than my Beamer. It also has much more space when really it's only a foot longer than the BMW. The BMW feels faster but the Infiniti is by no means a slouch. The ride quality is so much more refined in the Infiniti and it's also quieter inside the cabin. If your looking for quality, dependability, reliability, and the most value for your dollar, and inexpensive running cost with style and elegance. This is the car for you.

A 4 door luxury Z
By Denny

2011 Infiniti G Sedan G37 Sport Appearance Edition 4dr Sedan (3.7L 6cyl 7A)

Overall a great car with good performance and reliability. Got the G37 journey with the premium and sport package. Only pitfal is the lathargic 7 speed auto that shifts too quickly to top gears and responds poorly and slowly to downshifts. Gas milage is poor with under 20 mpg common place.

G25 Sedan: a devil in disguise?
By bjb_337

2011 Infiniti G Sedan G25 Journey 4dr Sedan (2.5 6cyl 7A)

I bought my G25 sedan almost a year ago with 26k. Within a week, had to take it to the dealer for condensation in one of the headlights. The dealer replaced it, covered under warranty. Now just within the past month, I've had to bring it back to the dealer twice. Once for the chrome trim peeling on the center console lid and then again for a rattle in the dash/ rattle in front passenger door and broken cupholder. Once again, the dealer did all work covered under warranty. Normally I would be just disgusted with a car that gave me these build quality issues, but for some reason I seem to fall in love with my G all over again every time I get it back from being in the new Q50 service loaner!!

Stock sound system is better than most, very responsive and sturdy steering feel, bright headlights, heated seats.

Just a few small improvements in build quality. Besides that, this car is literally perfect.