Used 2011 Infiniti G Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Infiniti G Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific G Sedan model:

G25 Sedan: a devil in disguise?
By bjb_337

2011 Infiniti G Sedan G25 Journey 4dr Sedan (2.5 6cyl 7A)

I bought my G25 sedan almost a year ago with 26k. Within a week, had to take it to the dealer for condensation in one of the headlights. The dealer replaced it, covered under warranty. Now just within the past month, I've had to bring it back to the dealer twice. Once for the chrome trim peeling on the center console lid and then again for a rattle in the dash/ rattle in front passenger door and broken cupholder. Once again, the dealer did all work covered under warranty. Normally I would be just disgusted with a car that gave me these build quality issues, but for some reason I seem to fall in love with my G all over again every time I get it back from being in the new Q50 service loaner!!

Stock sound system is better than most, very responsive and sturdy steering feel, bright headlights, heated seats.

Just a few small improvements in build quality. Besides that, this car is literally perfect.

Rattles, lack of interior storage
By hmkxi

2011 Infiniti G Sedan G37 Journey 4dr Sedan (3.7L 6cyl 7A)

Bought September 2010, now has less than 4000 miles on it. Everything is fine except the rattles from the rear window area. I took it to the dealership once, but nothing has been solved. The rattles are not too bad, but still, it is definitely something prevents me from enjoying this car. Don't know whether another people have this problem or I am just unfortunate. Also, the interior storage is kinda insufficient. Overall, the rattles really ruins my confidence in buying another infiniti.

Powerful engine and sharp handling.

Improve the building quality.

Exellent chasis, confused powertrain
By hopar

2011 Infiniti G Sedan G37 Journey 4dr Sedan (3.7L 6cyl 7A)

I have the regualr, non-sport G37 with stick 17 wheels, and the car is still very sporty, very neutral. At the same time the ride is well composed and smooth. Interior quality is good but not great. Its about on par with my VW GTI in terms material quality for the dash and all the nobs. The fake wood ook good but I've seen better. Leather is fine, but again not the best. Layout is very logical though. Interior room is also fine, but a little less that I expected for a vehicle this size. Considering the my other car, a VW GTI, which is some 20 in shorter has nearly as much front and backseat room... I will describe the power-train in suggested improvements page.

Style: Not freaky like acura or boring like lexus or geometric like caddy, me likes. Value: Beats out all competitors in terms of value. Driving dynamics: puts my smaller lighter GTI to shame in corners:

Power-train: Engine has feels like a four cylinder bellow 3k rpm, you get modes power 3-5k rpm, but you dont feel like a 330HP motor unless you floor it all the way, than it flies. So in every driving, my GTI feels much faster, as I dont like driving around town with the throttle fully depressed all the time. Transmission: Very confused, makes the car feel sluggish at lower RPMs, shifts are not smooth, Revs too high on the freeway for an 7 speed auto (2k rpm at 60mph). I guess I was hoping that my 330HP g37 would feel faster than the GTI all the time, but it simply doesn't unless floored, and than its too fast, no happy medium in this car.

Glad I bought the G37
By wde

2011 Infiniti G Sedan G37 Journey 4dr Sedan (3.7L 6cyl 7A)

I've been looking at cars off and on for a few months and the G37, Volvo S60, Maxima, and Genesis were on the list. Genesis was too large and I wasn't sold on the CVT in the Maxima. After driving the S60 and G37 back-to-back, I went with the G with the Premium package. Handling was a little sharper than the S60 and power is effortless. Plenty of features. The car is fun to drive. The ride is firm and on the sporty side, so if you want a softer ride, look at a Lexus. A G wants to be driven but will provide plenty of creature comforts at the same time.

strong engine, purposeful handling extras: Music Box, backup camera and sonar, XM radio, sunroof, Bluetooth phone integration, seat position memory, heated seats The new Infiniti Personal Assistant is a nice extra. They provide personalized service and have been able to promptly answer any question I've asked.

Not much to improve. Picky things: I'd like a little more travel in the driver's side outside mirror range. I'd like to be able to see the outside temperature in the display or information center at all times.

Confident: G37 Sedan is Definitely a great purchase!
By johnx2011g37

2011 Infiniti G Sedan G37 Journey 4dr Sedan (3.7L 6cyl 7A)

Before making my decision on G37 Sedan, I carefully researched BMW 335i, Audi A4, Lexus IS350, the G37 Coupe (330HP). My pricing range is in between 35K - 45K. After test drove all these cars, I have to choose G37 sedan because it's a mix of quality and stylish and power. Most importantly, you could feel the car has built very solid, the engine makes you feel powerful, and confident on the street. While 335i has twin turbo but unfortunely tons of problems. Both A4 and IS350 lack of power. The G37 Coupe version is nice, but it's a bit heavier than the Sedan. also only 2 HP more than the sedan, I would recommend you getting Sedan not only I have one, but it's a better value by far.

Confident strong V6 328HP Engine. Nice styling, Premium package gives you best value out of market, Features are very conveniently, very unique and personalized interior.

Engine noise. Sometime I could hear it very loud when revving up. But for such a powerful engine you can't drive softly , right? You could choose to drive softly or hard way, whichever makes you satisfied.