A better price to performance ratio doesn't exist...
By bgf18 on
2013 Infiniti G Coupe G37 Sport 2dr Coupe (3.7L 6cyl 6M)
I recently leased a 2013 G37S 6MT.Simply stated, this car provides the best bang-for-the-buck of any rear-wheel drive, sporting/luxury coupe on the market.That’s it.Overall this car is about BALANCE.The Infiniti doesn’t do anything the BEST, just a lot of things really WELL - and for a sensible price.The stiffer ride, vibrating shifter, slight wind and road noise, and raucous engine are all meant to remind you that you are driving a sporting vehicle, not a Lexus LS.With that said, it still is an Infiniti so it is reliable, beautiful and reasonably luxurious.A BMW 335 is a more refined car with similar performance, but costs WAY more and is completely anonymous looking (in my opinion).
Favorite Features
The good:Looks, rear-wheel drive handling, engine and exhaust sound, clutch-shifter feel, seats, iPhone/pod integration, braking, interior fit and finish, and again…looks. Tech integration: I enjoy the fact that I can access 99% of the menu options from the steering wheel. This part is really well done and should be copied by other manufacturers. I really like the interior. The seats are gorgeous with beautiful contrast stitching and adjustable bolsters. If I squint, they look like they would be at home in an Aston Martin. Real aluminum trim is a nice touch - in contrast the Acura designers killed an entire plastic tree to load our MDX up with fake wood trim - lame.
Suggested Improvements
The ok: HP/Torque is decent, but not overwhelming. Would be perfect with about 100 more HP. The navigation display is really basic and tough to read with small lettering. Our ’11 Acura MDX nav. is far superior being richer in color and detail. The voice options are rudimentary, but actually work, unlike the Acura’s. The BOSE stereo. It is better than the stock system I assume, but not nearly as good as the Acura’s ELS stereo. The imaging is weird with much of the sound coming from in front of the gauge cluster. This is adjustable by deselecting (driver sound stage), but just doesn’t make it any better to my ears. Clutch take-up and shifter are ok - not great.