Used 2011 Infiniti G Convertible Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Infiniti G Convertible - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific G Convertible model:

G37, Amazing car, till it starts giving you a trouble
By anoopa

2011 Infiniti G Convertible G37 Sport 2dr Convertible (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

Issue with this car: the convertible feature is very delicate. My experience dictates that once the roof starts giving any kind of trouble (and chances are it will, multiple customers reporting issues), there is very little a user or the company can do. I am struggling with multiple roof issues for past 2 years, including rattling noise (now it makes noise even driving on interstates with perfect roads), irritating alarms, false coding on the sensors, timing disturbances of the motor mechanics etc. Its literally one after another. Contacted DOM service, and Infiniti consumer affairs, no real success. Seems like its a new technology for Infiniti and needs significant improvements.

1. Sound system: you can't beat that 2. Overall interior designing and aesthetics. 3. Manual transmission and drive. Very good at the corners. The acceleration response is almost immediate, except during the first 2000-3000 rpm.

1. I believe that Infiniti's lack of expertise in operating convertible roof pretty much downplays any positives in this car. Literally my car had been to dealership 1-2 times a month for some mechanical issue, and no one seems to understand the problem, and blame game continues. Improvement in this aspect is the key for future success of this car. Everything else is manageable, but just for the sake of mentioning: 2. Install sensor in the trunk which detects presence of any object. This will prevent roof damage if user tries to operate it while trunk is not completely empty. 3. Remote start 4. Redesign the trunk so that there is some meaningful space once the roof is down.

Beautiful Car - Terrible in the Snow
By nicki20975

2011 Infiniti G Convertible G37 2dr Convertible (3.7L 6cyl 7A)

I bought this car in August 2011. I loved it until winter got here. I live in Chicago and was leary since I have never owned a RWD car previously. I learned my lesson the hard way. I "drove" in the snow last week for the first time and was literally not able to control the car. I had to pull over and have someone come and pick me up. I proceeded to trade it in the next day for the G37X (AWD) sedan which I love and is equally fun to drive. If you live in a warm climate or only plan to drive this car in the summer than it's a fantastic car. If you live somewhere with bad winters, go with the G37X and you will not be disappointed. Just make sure it has a sun roof...

Best Performance luxury convertible available under $60K
By steve_dallas1

2011 Infiniti G Convertible G37 2dr Convertible (3.7L 6cyl 7A)

This is our second Infiniti G model; we had a 2009 sedan as well. This car has it all, great looks, great performance, the best warranty around. Acceleration and cornering can't be matched. We have never had to take in either of our Infinitis for anything other than normal service.

The 3.7 V6 is awesome. Push button start. The car corners great. Bluetooth audio streaming from iphone works great. It even has real time doppler radar on the nav screen!

Rear seat is small, but isn't that true for all convertibles? Trunk can't even hold a gallon of milk with top down. Tops takes too long (over 45S to open/close). AC seats don't work well when temp is over 90F.