Used 2009 Infiniti FX50 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Infiniti FX50 - Consumer Reviews

Base 5.0L V8 AWD 7-speed Automatic - (11 reviews )

2009 FX50S Issues
By ginoinnm

2009 Infiniti FX50 4dr SUV AWD (5.0L 8cyl 7A)

I purchased this vehicle with Sport and Tech pkgs in August of 2008 and was struck with its styling and V8 engine, 390HP. immediately, I noticed that when accelerating from a slow roll, there was a slight hesitation, then a jerk as the transmission engaged. I took the car in several times, but nothing could be found. The dealer finally told me that there was a tech bulletin on the issue, but no solution. So I still live with that. About a 2 yrs ago, my Bluetooth started dropping out, or not hooking up, a real irritation since I use my car for business. I took it in and was told that there is a problem with IPhone, Bluetooth and the car. I am NOT happy with the lack of resolutions!

Styling, performance, quality, of interior, amenities such as heated an cooled seats, rain sensing wipers, adjustable seats, safety, and visibility.

Fix 7 speed transmission issues, Bluetooth issues, change from 21" tires as they are hard to find and costly. Try and add a little cargo space.

FX50S is just amazing!
By FXLover

2009 Infiniti FX50 4dr SUV AWD (5.0L 8cyl 7A)

I just love this car! It's ultra fast, powerful and super fun to cruise with. I owned multiple sports brands before, but the FX50S is something else, it's in a class of its own. I chose it over the X6 and never looked back ever since. I highly recommend this car.

I love everything about this car from its tech gadgets to its speed and stability.

Better fuel consumption, blind spot warning system, LED side mirrors, auto mirror folding, standard illuminated door sills, and HUD for speed and navigation.

Love it !
By rontek

2009 Infiniti FX50 4dr SUV AWD (5.0L 8cyl 7A)

I purchased a 2008 Infiniti EX35 in May of last year. I "liked" the EX35, but never really "loved" it, and that always bugged me as it was not an inexpensive purchase. When I was in for my 1 yr 15,000 mile service I saw the FX50S on the lot in the same color interior combination as my EX35. I had no intention of trading up, but the car looked incredible. I threw what I thought was a ridiculous offer at the dealer, and two weeks later I was driving it off the lot. I could not be happier. The FX50S is EVERYTHING my EX35 was not, and I finally LOVE the vehicle I purchased. Technology, performance, comfort are all FAR above what I expected and for value, no other vehicle comes close.

7 Speed Transmission, Around View Cameras, Distance Controlled Cruise, Heated/Cooled Sport Seats, High Quality Leather, Bi-Xenon adaptive headlights, I could go on naming almost every option in the vehicle.

The 21" tire size is not a common size. Most manufacturers have either 20" or 22" tires, so the only replacements other than snows are the two options offered on the vehicle. Bridgstone All Season , and Dunlop Sport.

Love it
By norris

2009 Infiniti FX50 4dr SUV AWD (5.0L 8cyl 7A)

I like the car's performance, look and quality, also it is an "economy" vehicle in a sense that it has the best bang for the buck. The ride is not harsh, but rather has a sporty firm feel to it, reminds me of a G. P.S. - It does not always win stoplight starts but just the feeling that you are taking on Porsches and such in a truck... priceless. The best part starts when you floor it at 60 mph.

engine, transmission, size

needs automatic rear door closing, wider tires (the current are somehow narrower than wheels - wheels stick out and get scratched easily), center console controls are not intuitive, also there is no turbo option :)

Great Value
By SSwanby

2009 Infiniti FX50 4dr SUV AWD (5.0L 8cyl 7A)

Originally was looking at an Audi Q5. After adding all of the options on the Q5, the price made me start looking around. I was originally skeptical about the FX50 until a test drove one. It really is a beautiful car and I don't think pictures can really do it justice. The interior and technology is really top notch. Mileage is good for the power, but still quite a bit lower than the Q5, but what can I say... it may not be politically correct, but it is seductively fast. Incidentally, my dealer experience was exceptional and it only ended up costing a few thousand more than the Q5 I was quoted. Infiniti has a real winner with the FX50S.

So many things... Heated / Cooled seats, excellent stereo, ipod integration, interior, unique design, Navigation system is excellent, POWER, smooth as silk transmission and the HUGE 21 inch rims.

Only two features that I'll probably miss from my last car. Doors that automatically unlock when you touch the handle. The ability to heat the car with residual engine heat when you turn the car off.