2005 Infiniti FX45 SUV - Consumer Reviews

Base 4.5L V8 AWD 5-speed Automatic - (24 reviews )
Outstanding in Every Way Imaginable
By Roman DeRosa on 12/02/07 20:38 PM (PST)

2005 Infiniti FX45 SUV AWD 4dr SUV (4.5L 8cyl 5A)

After owning three Q45s and a QX4 and having been extremely pleased with the Infiniti experience, I recently went out and purchased a 2005 FX45 with 14,000 miles on it. The vehicle is a dream, as it handles like a sports sedan. The abundance of power provides frequent thrills, ride quality is superb, and the absence of road noise leaves me constantly wondering if I'm really in an SUV. On top of all that, the vehicle is rock solid. I recently completed a 1,100 mile round trip and averaged approx 18 mpg while driving at average speed of 75-80 mph between San Diego and Beaver, UT. My driving is 80% highway.

Best driving SUV on the road
By Andy Lapointe on 12/29/06 06:19 AM (PST)

2005 Infiniti FX45 SUV AWD 4dr SUV (4.5L 8cyl 5A)

This SUV drives better than most sports cars. Unbelievable acceleration and handling. 4WD conquered 12" of snow with ease. Performance and styling make Lexus SUV look like a granny-mobile in comparison. Ghosen strikes again.

This isn't your Mom's SUV
By agardner81 on 11/11/06 09:22 AM (PST)

2005 Infiniti FX45 SUV AWD 4dr SUV (4.5L 8cyl 5A)

This vehicle combines the out right fun of a sports car with the practicality of a SUV. Its swift, stunning looks are just the beginning. Compared to the BMW and Lexus Crossovers, the FX35 makes these crossovers look dated and boring. The FX 35 epitomizes luxury sports driving. With a suspension that gracefully ignores bumps, the acceleration power is surprising at first. Most of all, what makes the crossover great is all the small details. The interior is thoughtfully laid out and surprisingly spacious.

How does the editor rate an X5 higher?
By ExX5er - CT on 01/10/06 21:42 PM (PST)

2005 Infiniti FX45 SUV AWD 4dr SUV (4.5L 8cyl 5A)

I previously leased a 4.4l X5 before my Infiniti and had to get rid of it due to all of the malfunctioning electronics. It was like driving a vehicle that was never tested off the line. The FX is far superior. It's faster, handles better at high speeds, and the electronics all work. Not to mention cheaper, too...

Simply the best
By GEORGE C. ASSAD on 09/15/05 09:25 AM (PDT)

2005 Infiniti FX45 SUV AWD 4dr SUV (4.5L 8cyl 5A)

Prior to owning FX45, I had two Jeeps..the last being a 2002 Jeep Overland. The Jeeps pales in comparison to the FX. The FX has the best style and design of any SUV. The rear and front ends are masterpeices of design and the car is an engineering marvel. The ride is smooth, the power superb and the comfort supreme. The one flaw is a lack of visibility in the rear window when parking..it takes awhile to determine the distance from a parked car...the rear-view camera would have been nice. Reccomendations: Make the rear-view camera an option in itself, or make it standard on the FX; also fog lights should work with running lights. Great car..I love it. GCAssad

Best in its class
By NYZ on 07/18/05 15:06 PM (PDT)

2005 Infiniti FX45 SUV AWD 4dr SUV (4.5L 8cyl 5A)

You cant go wrong with the FX45 at all. Ive test all the bad boys in its class (ML, X5, Toureg, Cayenne etc. ) The only biggest competitor that I see is the Cayenne where performance is the real factor. However the FX45 is faster than the Cayenne unless you get the turbo model But at that price, you might as will throw a turbo in the stock FX45. Overall, the FX45 was def. best bang for the buck, and performance wise.. its a class leader. If you are looking for something soft like an RX or MDX, this aint the car for you. The FX is for pure"drivers" .. HAVE FUN !!

Mid Live Crisis SUV
By judy Balunda on 07/16/05 03:18 AM (PDT)

2005 Infiniti FX45 SUV AWD 4dr SUV (4.5L 8cyl 5A)

This car is my "mid-life crisis car. The handling is great, and it gets a lot of looks. I feel like a kid again, when I am driving it. The only drawback is the gas mileage, but then what do you expect from an extreme sports car. I don't believe it should be considered a SUV. Oh, and the sound system is awesome. I would do it all over again.

Wow!
By All Vol on 07/10/05 23:58 PM (PDT)

2005 Infiniti FX45 SUV AWD 4dr SUV (4.5L 8cyl 5A)

I was impressed with this auto. After trading in my 2002 BMW 325i I was kinda 'fraid how this jewel was going to hold up. Wow! was I surprised. I love it! It drives and rides better than the BMW. It's just fun to drive and a great vehicle to look at.

great car to own and drive
By sasha on 05/04/05 17:45 PM (PDT)

2005 Infiniti FX45 SUV AWD 4dr SUV (4.5L 8cyl 5A)

Great looking car that drives live a dream. I test drove X5, M500, XC90 - no comparison. FX feels like a real sports car - and I have high standards, having a nearly 500 HP Nissan 300 ZXTT as my other car. The build quality could be a little bit better - have an annoying rattle in the driver's door. Other than that can't think of problems. Manual shift could be more crips and responsive.

Great Crossover
By Alan on 04/13/05 19:58 PM (PDT)

2005 Infiniti FX45 SUV AWD 4dr SUV (4.5L 8cyl 5A)

Took the car out of the dealership and now I have over 20000 miles on it. The only time I brought back the car was to have it serviced. The vehicle it flawless.