2004 Infiniti FX45 - Consumer Reviews

Base 4.5L V8 AWD 5-speed Automatic - (63 reviews )
FX45
By scope1 on 12/27/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Infiniti FX45 AWD 4dr SUV (4.5L 8cyl 5A)

An excellent all around car. This is my first step into an "old man's car",since I have owned 300+ hp sports cars all my life. It has great acceleration,lots of extra toys(rear camera, 300 watt bose stereo, intelligent cruise control etc.),and is very comfortable. The ride remains sporty with the 20 in wheels, most likely the 18 inchers would smooth it out some.

Hot Ride!!
By Wade Ivan on 12/27/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Infiniti FX45 AWD 4dr SUV (4.5L 8cyl 5A)

I love my FX45! It ROCKS!! It's a sports car.. with a backpack! Zoom Zoom! My buddy has a G35 Coupe, and my ride will hang right with it! It's awesome!!

Excellent
By Dudley Hancox on 12/27/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Infiniti FX45 AWD 4dr SUV (4.5L 8cyl 5A)

I can't begin to describe how much fun this car has made my morning driving commute. Tremendous acceleration, fun to drive and turns heads.

smokin'
By boswell on 12/23/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Infiniti FX45 AWD 4dr SUV (4.5L 8cyl 5A)

What a fun surprise to get behind the wheel. Low end torque like crazy and styling that turns heads every time!

Performance Oriented? Look No Further!!!
By NewFXOwner on 12/20/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Infiniti FX45 AWD 4dr SUV (4.5L 8cyl 5A)

The FX45 handles and brakes better than ALL SUVs on the road including the Porsche Cayenne Turbo which costs $50k more. Except for the six-figure Cayenne Turbo, no SUV in existence accelerates from 0-60 mph faster than the FX45. Not the Cayenne S for $20k more, not Mercedes' top-of-the-line SUV (the ML55 AMG) for $25k more, and not BMW's top-of-the-line SUV (the X5 4.6is) for $30k more. If you're looking for the utility of an SUV but don't want to give up the acceleration, handling and braking of a high performance sports car, test drive the FX45. Be sure to take it hard into a curve to experience the absence of any body roll. Simply amazing!

the FX 45
By levon on 12/06/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Infiniti FX45 AWD 4dr SUV (4.5L 8cyl 5A)

The car is very tough & fun to ride. The front passenger's seat should also be able to elevate like the driver's seat. It seems like the passenger is seating on the floor when the driver's seat is elevated.

Cross-Over Reliability
By crossback on 12/01/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Infiniti FX45 AWD 4dr SUV (4.5L 8cyl 5A)

This was my first experience with an Infiniti. Unfortunately, my experience has been a bit disappointing. I have had numerous issues. I first discovered that the hatchback cover, in the heat,would warp or melt. I was forced to wait for several months while Infiniti decided what to do. During this time I could not use the Hatchback at all. The most recent issue is that the Drivers seat actually squeaks and GPS screen, which controls the entire interior functionality of the vehicle has failed. Bottom line - I spend more time out of the vehicle than on the road.

M5 with a hatchback
By J. Utah on 11/25/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Infiniti FX45 AWD 4dr SUV (4.5L 8cyl 5A)

I recently was deciding between a V8 Touareg and the FX45 as a gift for my wife. We drove the Touareg first and were very pleased. We drove the FX45 and had our socks blown off. If you're an avid offroader, the Touareg makes the most sense. However, if you want an SUV that handles "like its on rails" (0-60 in 6 secs), fun to drive, and with a history of top notch quality of service, this is the car for you. The FX45 (with approximately the same options) went for $5k more than the VW. However (and I'm sure they were trying to get rid of '03s), we were able to get a better price on the FX than we were the VW. A little food for thought.

FX Xtra Fun
By Mojo on 11/16/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Infiniti FX45 AWD 4dr SUV (4.5L 8cyl 5A)

More fun to drive than BMW and Porsche.

Awesome Utility
By WMW on 11/05/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Infiniti FX45 AWD 4dr SUV (4.5L 8cyl 5A)

I can't believe an suv can be this responsive. Love the sound it makes