2004 Infiniti FX45 Base Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Infiniti Fx45 - Consumer Reviews

2004 FX45 Consumer Reviews

Base 4.5L V8 AWD 5-speed Automatic - (63 reviews )

Sort Reviews by

FX45
By scope1

2004 Infiniti FX45 AWD 4dr SUV (4.5L 8cyl 5A)

An excellent all around car. This is my first step into an "old man's car",since I have owned 300+ hp sports cars all my life. It has great acceleration,lots of extra toys(rear camera, 300 watt bose stereo, intelligent cruise control etc.),and is very comfortable. The ride remains sporty with the 20 in wheels, most likely the 18 inchers would smooth it out some.

Favorite Features

Rear camera, Snow button - I put it to use twice this season and it really works, Intellegent cruise control..my prediction is that all cars will eventually have this

Suggested Improvements

A bit smoother suspension would be my recommendation.

Hot Ride!!
By Wade Ivan

2004 Infiniti FX45 AWD 4dr SUV (4.5L 8cyl 5A)

I love my FX45! It ROCKS!! It's a sports car.. with a backpack! Zoom Zoom! My buddy has a G35 Coupe, and my ride will hang right with it! It's awesome!!

Favorite Features

4.5 liter V8

Excellent
By Dudley Hancox

2004 Infiniti FX45 AWD 4dr SUV (4.5L 8cyl 5A)

I can't begin to describe how much fun this car has made my morning driving commute. Tremendous acceleration, fun to drive and turns heads.

Favorite Features

Acceleration, handling and styling.

Suggested Improvements

Don't like the analog clock. Everything else is great.

smokin'
By boswell

2004 Infiniti FX45 AWD 4dr SUV (4.5L 8cyl 5A)

What a fun surprise to get behind the wheel. Low end torque like crazy and styling that turns heads every time!

Favorite Features

Kikin' bose stereo system and sport car handling.

Performance Oriented? Look No Further!!!
By NewFXOwner

2004 Infiniti FX45 AWD 4dr SUV (4.5L 8cyl 5A)

The FX45 handles and brakes better than ALL SUVs on the road including the Porsche Cayenne Turbo which costs $50k more. Except for the six-figure Cayenne Turbo, no SUV in existence accelerates from 0-60 mph faster than the FX45. Not the Cayenne S for $20k more, not Mercedes' top-of-the-line SUV (the ML55 AMG) for $25k more, and not BMW's top-of-the-line SUV (the X5 4.6is) for $30k more. If you're looking for the utility of an SUV but don't want to give up the acceleration, handling and braking of a high performance sports car, test drive the FX45. Be sure to take it hard into a curve to experience the absence of any body roll. Simply amazing!

Favorite Features

Head-turning good looks. Interior combines the sporty gauge clustering of a high performance coupe with the understated elegance of a luxury sedan. State-of-the-art technology including DVD-based navigation, backup camera, keyless entry/startup, laser guided cruise control, etc.

Suggested Improvements

Add a stronger V8 option for $5k to $10k more that will move the vehicle from 0-60 mph faster than the heavier Cayenne Turbo. Until then, I'll just have to race Cayenne Turbos on curvy roads where my FX45's better handling and skidpad performance will gain me the advantage!

the FX 45
By levon

2004 Infiniti FX45 AWD 4dr SUV (4.5L 8cyl 5A)

The car is very tough & fun to ride. The front passenger's seat should also be able to elevate like the driver's seat. It seems like the passenger is seating on the floor when the driver's seat is elevated.

Cross-Over Reliability
By crossback

2004 Infiniti FX45 AWD 4dr SUV (4.5L 8cyl 5A)

This was my first experience with an Infiniti. Unfortunately, my experience has been a bit disappointing. I have had numerous issues. I first discovered that the hatchback cover, in the heat,would warp or melt. I was forced to wait for several months while Infiniti decided what to do. During this time I could not use the Hatchback at all. The most recent issue is that the Drivers seat actually squeaks and GPS screen, which controls the entire interior functionality of the vehicle has failed. Bottom line - I spend more time out of the vehicle than on the road.

Favorite Features

The power of this vehicle is excellent. The interior is a pleasure to ride in comfort.

Suggested Improvements

Thoroughly test components to ensure reliability over the life of the vehicle. The passenger seat should have the same adjustments as the driver seat.

M5 with a hatchback
By J. Utah

2004 Infiniti FX45 AWD 4dr SUV (4.5L 8cyl 5A)

I recently was deciding between a V8 Touareg and the FX45 as a gift for my wife. We drove the Touareg first and were very pleased. We drove the FX45 and had our socks blown off. If you're an avid offroader, the Touareg makes the most sense. However, if you want an SUV that handles "like its on rails" (0-60 in 6 secs), fun to drive, and with a history of top notch quality of service, this is the car for you. The FX45 (with approximately the same options) went for $5k more than the VW. However (and I'm sure they were trying to get rid of '03s), we were able to get a better price on the FX than we were the VW. A little food for thought.

Favorite Features

Favorite features: Drives like a bat out of hell.

Suggested Improvements

Should think of making the rear view camera a standard feature. Also, allowing the rear window to open seperately.

FX Xtra Fun
By Mojo

2004 Infiniti FX45 AWD 4dr SUV (4.5L 8cyl 5A)

More fun to drive than BMW and Porsche.

Favorite Features

315hp, Ggreat Navi, & DVD entertainment system

Suggested Improvements

interior on par with RX330 & VW Touareg

Awesome Utility
By WMW

2004 Infiniti FX45 AWD 4dr SUV (4.5L 8cyl 5A)

I can't believe an suv can be this responsive. Love the sound it makes

Favorite Features

the looks the power for the price all excell compared to the overpriced overweight Porsche

Suggested Improvements

Needs ride adjustability for comfort or sport firmness