Used 2004 Infiniti FX45 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Infiniti FX45 - Consumer Reviews

Base 4.5L V8 AWD 5-speed Automatic - (63 reviews )

Sports SUV!
By surfpange

2004 Infiniti FX45 AWD 4dr SUV (4.5L 8cyl 5A)

I just bought this SUV fully loaded! What a blast! Much more FUN (with all the options) than the Cayenne S, Toureg V8, Lexus RX330 and LX470, Volvo XC-90, & BMW X5 4.4i I test drove. Its got a ton of fun toys built in and more cargo space than the others. If you want a smoother ride then buy a Lexus but if it's fun you want definitely test drive this sports SUV. The Cayenne S, Toureg V8, and X5 4.4i are very nice SUV's (especially the Cayenne S w/air suspension!) but I had to buy my car (vs. lease) and didn't like their poor reliability ratings. The V8 does burn a lot of fuel but it's worth it...especially when blowing past other cars on the freeway.

keyless entry & startup, automatically adj. seat & steering wheel, fabulous BOSE stereo, backup camera, GREAT NAV system, deceptively quick & smooth motor, DVD player, 20" rims, & adjustable HID/Xenon lights

better fuel economy (gas in CA is going up to $3 this summer-thanks Mr. Bush!) adjustable (forward and back) pedals, Recaro seats w/Alcantara suede & a "Nogaro Blue" color like in the Audi S4, quicker throttle response

I don't miss my Porsche
By GuyC

2004 Infiniti FX45 AWD 4dr SUV (4.5L 8cyl 5A)

My wife gets the ragtop, I need to choose a suitable 4 seater. Iím fickle, like car style, performance, toys and to seat 4 full 6ft adults for long journeys. After much deliberation between a Cayenne and the FX, I went for the FX. I had to make the choice between the 35 and 45. I felt the 45 was more comfortable under the hood, the 35 which was thrashy but 10k less. I chose a Beryllium 45 fully loaded less the DVD entertainment. Iíve driven it for 2k miles now and love it, Overall I would highly recommend it but recommend a longer than normal test drive and do some twists and turns.

GPS, Overall luxury appointments, rear camera but most of all the performance and the proximity key

Window controls on the drivers door - too far forward The seat controls can dig in your leg when driving round left hand bends

Cross over Dream!!!!
By Porter

2004 Infiniti FX45 AWD 4dr SUV (4.5L 8cyl 5A)

What can you say, styling is amazing, performance unlike any other suv, sound system out of this world.

The sound system is amazing. Best Bose ever. Power is great. Love the keyless entry and intelligent cruise control. Rear view camera a must!

Compete with more powerful porsche cayenne engine, and would like to see selective suspension. Oh and a little more power assisting steering for parking.

Rapper
By makka

2004 Infiniti FX45 AWD 4dr SUV (4.5L 8cyl 5A)

Great thing, wonderful styling, great handling. More power than I would have expected

Good

Needs

Fun to Drive
By Nitrox50

2004 Infiniti FX45 AWD 4dr SUV (4.5L 8cyl 5A)

The best Suv I've ever owned. We also have a 2004 Lexus SC430 which I gave to my wife and the FX45 is just as fast, handles as well and has much more room. The FX turns more heads than the Lexus and costs less. This is the first Infiniti I've owned and it's a great car.

Performence, build quality, 20" wheels, GPS based Nav system, keyless entry and ignition.

It's already better looking and faster than the Porche V8 non-turbo SUV so why not offer a turbo option and make it faster than their best.