2004 Infiniti FX45 - Consumer Reviews

Base 4.5L V8 AWD 5-speed Automatic - (63 reviews )
Gas Guzzler, but what did you expect?
By ScottyVA on 02/09/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Infiniti FX45 AWD 4dr SUV (4.5L 8cyl 5A)

When you push down on the accelerator, you're pressed back into the seat with alarming G force. This is a road rocket, with all of the fun of driving a sports car. The one noticeable thing is that the suspension is tuned much like a sports car, with you noticing each pavement seam as much as you would in a Z. However, it's worth it. The other thing that you'll notice if you're a rabid Type A driver like I am is that at the pump, it isn't the most fun vehicle to have, but you have to expect that if the dealer says 15/19 and you drive with the pedal slammed to the floorboard it's going to be more like 11/13.

Awesome
By ringleader on 02/08/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Infiniti FX45 AWD 4dr SUV (4.5L 8cyl 5A)

A Corvette with a wagon body

03 FX45
By mwhitt1 on 02/05/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Infiniti FX45 AWD 4dr SUV (4.5L 8cyl 5A)

Just leased one of the remaining 2003s w/ luxury package for 599mo./39 months w/ $1300 down. For the past two and a half years I have been driving my wife's old RX300, which I inherited after we had a second kid and bought a mini van. The FX 45 will never be mistaken for a mini van. This car is an absolute beast that begs to be driven. It appears that with the release of the 04s, 03s can be had for at or under invoice (my cap cost was $2500 below invoice).

Joe's Having A Blast
By Joe's review on 02/04/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Infiniti FX45 AWD 4dr SUV (4.5L 8cyl 5A)

I test drove an FX35 6 months before I bought the FX45 and knew this would be my next vehicle. Last Nov, I decided to see what the 2004's were like and to my surprise the dealer had 9 FX45's left over with an advertised $5000 off. I negotiated eventually for a fair trade and a $7000 discount. I was extreemly happy because I got the V8 a lot cheaper than the V6 would have cost me just 6 months earlier. It sits nice, looks aggressive, has a nice exhaust tone and takes off like a rocket. I could have been happy with the FX35, but for the deal I got (and it was only on the 45's with the premium pkg), I got my dream as cheap as the FX35.

ONE OF THE BEST TO OWN
By KNIGHT on 01/17/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Infiniti FX45 AWD 4dr SUV (4.5L 8cyl 5A)

THIS SUV IS A DREAM. I ALSO OWN THE QX4 THERE BOTH GREAT AND 100% MORE RELIABLE THAN A BMW

FX45- 03
By Jeff Taub on 01/13/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Infiniti FX45 AWD 4dr SUV (4.5L 8cyl 5A)

Exciting car, not truck,looks hot, pure sports car. Good utility for carrying items and people. Rides hard and handles nimbly. Quieter and smoother than FX35. Rear slides out in snowy turns. Needs Snow tires on smaller wheels for winter. Should have more amenities for $50 grand, like memory mirrors, height adj. passenger seat(comes in 04), adj. suspension and pedals, turn lights in mirrors, rain sensor wipers, auto. closing rear hatch, etc. Sign on for nav. is incredibly annoying, especially since you can't use it when driving, anyway.

2003 Infiniti FX45 AWD Crossover
By Joseph Ramieri on 01/08/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Infiniti FX45 AWD 4dr SUV (4.5L 8cyl 5A)

Fast and nimble for a large car. Very stiff suspension which transmits every small surface irregularity to the driver. Interior uses cheap plasic parts in many places. Several unfixable interior rattles. Slight shudder from drive train upon takeoff which the dealer has been unable to fix. No real all-weather tires available for 20" wheels. Confusing dash controls.

Mines Until The End
By Vickie Valdez on 01/05/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Infiniti FX45 AWD 4dr SUV (4.5L 8cyl 5A)

The first time I saw the Infiniti FX45, I said to myself, "They finally hit the nail on the head!" I traded-in my Lexus RX300 halfway through the lease, and when I got the FX45 in my garage, I went through the Twilight Zone! The few negatives are far outweighed by the positives. The interior/exterior design is excellent, sound system can't be topped, the engine's growl "will turn you on," and it handles so well on the road, the possibilities are scary! If you've always wanted an exotic car, but require the space of an SUV, the Infiniti FX45 is the ultimate desire. If somebody tells you they don't like it, they haven't experienced it!

FX45
By Gus D on 12/28/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Infiniti FX45 AWD 4dr SUV (4.5L 8cyl 5A)

Fun to drive,does well on snow and ice. Cargo area a bit tight. Some questions about keyless ignition.

FX45
By scope1 on 12/27/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Infiniti FX45 AWD 4dr SUV (4.5L 8cyl 5A)

An excellent all around car. This is my first step into an "old man's car",since I have owned 300+ hp sports cars all my life. It has great acceleration,lots of extra toys(rear camera, 300 watt bose stereo, intelligent cruise control etc.),and is very comfortable. The ride remains sporty with the 20 in wheels, most likely the 18 inchers would smooth it out some.