2004 Infiniti FX45 SUV - Consumer Reviews

Base 4.5L V8 AWD 5-speed Automatic - (63 reviews )
FX45 Heaven
By darkside80 on 07/08/12 07:23 AM (PDT)

2004 Infiniti FX45 SUV AWD 4dr SUV (4.5L 8cyl 5A)

I bought my FX45 used with 80k miles from a private owner and loved the car. I did have to replace the front wheel hub, but other than that it was a joy to drive and very comfortable. I loved the sound system and the unique exterior styling. I test drove the FX35, but found the FX45 to be more sporty and had great performance. Gs mileage is poor in both models though.

2004 FX45
By fx452004 on 08/21/11 13:44 PM (PDT)

2004 Infiniti FX45 SUV AWD 4dr SUV (4.5L 8cyl 5A)

Just purchased a 2004 FX45 early in 2011 and I'm so pleased with this [violative content deleted] SUV. Even though FX is 7 years old, performance and looks blows away newer cars today. About performance, this SUV moves and accurate. The 20" wheels like to grabs on to the street however Goodyear stock tires are expensive. May have to look into Yokohama to save $$$$. In addition I just wished I bought it for the price suggested on Edmunds however dealers said no way. Anyway I paid a couple thousands more but wife and me are happy like a bee with FX!!!

Great Used Car Value
By twitter.com/370z on 12/04/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Infiniti FX45 SUV AWD 4dr SUV (4.5L 8cyl 5A)

I purchased my 6yr old FX45 cash after selling my 350Z Roadster. Yes it reminds of sports car compared with an SUV, but if you own a sports car, don't think the FX will match it; it won't. The styling is polarizing, but I'm addicted to it, although now in 2010 it doesn't stand out like it did back in the day. I evaluated my purchase based upon proven Nissan reliability and longevity, bullet proof engine, purchase price vs. projected residual value when I sell; cost of taxes, registration and insurance; and available features comparable to new cars. I estimate that my cost to own for the next 5 years will be less than a tenth of what a new vehicle with similar features will be.

Highly Recommended
By Rcrain420 on 09/09/09 11:30 AM (PDT)

2004 Infiniti FX45 SUV AWD 4dr SUV (4.5L 8cyl 5A)

I am due for a new vehicle, I hate that I need a bigger vehicle or I would drive the FX until the wheels fall off. Drives great, performs great, looks great. A++ rating.

Mike's review
By stokbrkr on 03/27/09 17:38 PM (PDT)

2004 Infiniti FX45 SUV AWD 4dr SUV (4.5L 8cyl 5A)

I sold all three of my lexus cars and suv's and bought the infiniti. It is a whole lot more fun to drive, looks better and love the service dept. Lexus was very poor in servicing my vehicles so I made the change. Only complaint is the CD player seems to be a problem with these vehicles.

It's the 45 what more is there to say ?
By In Love with the 45 on 04/04/07 04:29 AM (PDT)

2004 Infiniti FX45 SUV AWD 4dr SUV (4.5L 8cyl 5A)

This vehicle is a beast, handles like a G35 coupe. I should know, I used to lease an 03 G35 coupe. It's the perfect balance of sports car/ SUV utility. Goes faster, and handles MUCH better than an SUV should. You won't be disappointed but you will be shocked at the cornering, and acceleration ability of this vehicle. The Technology Package is a must. Navigation, rear back up camera, and the ability to start the vehicle without having the key in the ignition just add so much value to this vehicle. It's also nice to know that there is about one Infiniti FX45 on the road for every 15 FX35s.

A Great SUV / Sports Car Experience
By rsteak on 12/19/04 16:09 PM (PST)

2004 Infiniti FX45 SUV AWD 4dr SUV (4.5L 8cyl 5A)

I'm over six feet tall and the position and structure of the seat in the '04 Infiniti FX45 are ergonomically correct for me. I've had a number of other vehicles that created undue pressure on my legs or thighs that have led to nerve deterioration. The car handles precisely and feels very preformance oriented for a SUV. The overall styling is excellent, mine doesn't have a roof rack which detracts from the lines of the car. The car is a tolal package for those who think outside the box. compare it with the much pricier Porche offering and you will see what I mean.

Unusually Great
By Cindy Cowley on 10/23/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Infiniti FX45 SUV AWD 4dr SUV (4.5L 8cyl 5A)

The FX45 is unusual in it's exterior design and you either love it or hate it, I love it. I have never had more people stop me and ask me what kind of car I am driving. It is in a class all it's own. I have also had a wonderful experience with the Dealership where I bought it. They are professional, courteous and and very prompt.

exellent
By co on 10/11/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

it was the best

Infiniti FX45
By brnjug on 10/09/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Infiniti FX45 SUV AWD 4dr SUV (4.5L 8cyl 5A)

Love the design,the moptor ,the appeal and the sound