Used 2004 Infiniti FX45 SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Infiniti FX45 SUV - Consumer Reviews

Base 4.5L V8 AWD 5-speed Automatic - (63 reviews )

FX45 Heaven
By darkside80

2004 Infiniti FX45 SUV AWD 4dr SUV (4.5L 8cyl 5A)

I bought my FX45 used with 80k miles from a private owner and loved the car. I did have to replace the front wheel hub, but other than that it was a joy to drive and very comfortable. I loved the sound system and the unique exterior styling. I test drove the FX35, but found the FX45 to be more sporty and had great performance. Gs mileage is poor in both models though.

Exterior styling and seat comfort.

Better fuel performance

2004 FX45
By fx452004

2004 Infiniti FX45 SUV AWD 4dr SUV (4.5L 8cyl 5A)

Just purchased a 2004 FX45 early in 2011 and I'm so pleased with this [violative content deleted] SUV. Even though FX is 7 years old, performance and looks blows away newer cars today. About performance, this SUV moves and accurate. The 20" wheels like to grabs on to the street however Goodyear stock tires are expensive. May have to look into Yokohama to save $$$$. In addition I just wished I bought it for the price suggested on Edmunds however dealers said no way. Anyway I paid a couple thousands more but wife and me are happy like a bee with FX!!!

Great Used Car Value
By twitter.com/370z

2004 Infiniti FX45 SUV AWD 4dr SUV (4.5L 8cyl 5A)

I purchased my 6yr old FX45 cash after selling my 350Z Roadster. Yes it reminds of sports car compared with an SUV, but if you own a sports car, don't think the FX will match it; it won't. The styling is polarizing, but I'm addicted to it, although now in 2010 it doesn't stand out like it did back in the day. I evaluated my purchase based upon proven Nissan reliability and longevity, bullet proof engine, purchase price vs. projected residual value when I sell; cost of taxes, registration and insurance; and available features comparable to new cars. I estimate that my cost to own for the next 5 years will be less than a tenth of what a new vehicle with similar features will be.

I can haul my DH mountain bikes on hitch mounted rack, snow mode good for Rocky Mountain winters, 20 inch wheels are badass, Bose sound is bumpin', bird view navigation is sweet, set & forget climate control, addictive exterior styling, 90-100 MPH is comfortable.

The brakes are sub par. I'm installing a big brake kit; I'm used to the good brakes of a 370Z. It needs more power, but almost every vehicle needs that. If this were a 4.5Liter with a hybrid electric motor, it would seriously scream. Maybe in the future.

Highly Recommended
By Rcrain420

2004 Infiniti FX45 SUV AWD 4dr SUV (4.5L 8cyl 5A)

I am due for a new vehicle, I hate that I need a bigger vehicle or I would drive the FX until the wheels fall off. Drives great, performs great, looks great. A++ rating.

Intelligent Cruise Control

It would have been nice to have the automatic windshield wipers.

Mike's review
By stokbrkr

2004 Infiniti FX45 SUV AWD 4dr SUV (4.5L 8cyl 5A)

I sold all three of my lexus cars and suv's and bought the infiniti. It is a whole lot more fun to drive, looks better and love the service dept. Lexus was very poor in servicing my vehicles so I made the change. Only complaint is the CD player seems to be a problem with these vehicles.

Great navigation display. Great power with a sports car feel.

Wish it had rain sensing wipers. It has about everything else.