2010 Infiniti FX35 SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific FX35 model:
Couldn't be Happier
By bradndayton on 03/06/13 19:38 PM (PST)

2010 Infiniti FX35 SUV 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

First off... I really had no idea this car even existed until I stopped by the Local Infiniti dealer. I just couldn't take my eyes off of it. My previous car was a Boxster "s" and was looking for something bigger, but didn't want to sacrafice the handling. Tried all the Usuall suspects(Cayene, Audi, Beemer, Benz...) but after driving this one, I was sold!! The German ones where great, but the interiors just felt sterile and unintuitive. MPG on the FX is pretty impressive, I get 24 average when I am being a good boy.

Simply WOW, The more I drive it, the more I love it!
By mpohio on 07/19/12 10:54 AM (PDT)

2010 Infiniti FX35 SUV 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

First off, Just test drive one!! You will get it!! I recently sold my Infiniti G35x in search of a bigger, semi-offroad Vehicle. Ive owned more autos than shoes and Im well versed with pretty much all that is out there. Drove the Audi, Bmw, Benz, honda and After test driving the FX35, everything else seemed to fall short, so I knew what I was destined to get. 1st experience was picking her up and driving home 7.5 hours from VA to OH. OMG, I couldn't believe how much fun it was. 2nd "major" expereince My road trip from OH to billings Montana and back. 4 days of 12hours at a time. It was a flawless, fun drive. I only stopped when my eyes tired as the seats are better than a lazyb

Buyer Beware
By drojt on 11/21/11 11:38 AM (PST)

2010 Infiniti FX35 SUV 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

Before you spend 45K (+) for this vehicle, please note that is has a major design flaw in its transmission. Please take the time to read all of the consumer reviews at Edmunds and at various Infiniti web forums. The transmission up shifts too quickly so in essence you are in 7 gear by 38 MPH, thus getting up to speed (downshifting) in a passing situation is trying and thus a safety issue in my humble opinion. I am not please with this vehicle and it will be scrapped very soon. Knowing this issue, shame on Infiniti for not upgrading the tranny as there are numerous customer complaints when this model was introduced. Never again wil I own an Infiniti so buy at your own risk!

Worst car I ever owned. HATE THIS CAR
By cheryl57 on 11/03/11 10:22 AM (PDT)

2010 Infiniti FX35 SUV 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

Buyer beware!! Transmission problem with the Infinity FX35. I do not feel safe driving this car. Transmission gets stuck between 3rd and 4th gear causing lag in speed. Can't pass or merge into traffic without worrying that I will not be able to pick up speed. Does not happen every time so can't prepare. Then when stoping, car lurches forward. Dealer claims that it is due to the change they made from a 5 speed to a 7 speed and that is just the way the car drives. Are you kidding me? Look up transmission problems on Edmonds for this car. Many complaints. They want to charge me over $4000.00 to return the car. And they consider this a favor!! There is no fix nor change to newer model

Best in Class
By James on 10/19/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Infiniti FX35 SUV 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

Love the Infiniti brand. This is our second Infiniti (previous was 2006 FX35), we test drove the MDX, RX and Honda Pilot before purchasing our 2010 FX35. The quality of the interior components and the engine purr will thoroughly satisfy. Oh, I'm in the love it category for exterior looks.

Quality and reliability = Infiniti FX35
By Jeff on 10/18/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Infiniti FX35 SUV 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

FX35 with nav and prem pkg no Touring, I like the black wood better and leather inserts. I test drove everything from BMW, Mercedes, Jeep, Acura to Dodge. I wanted a sports car feel with some utility and a little height to get me off the road and thats when I finally settled on Infiniti FX35. Ill be honest I'm very picky when it comes to quality and I could not be more pleased with this vehicle. Everything on this SUV is solid and well put together. The only thing Ive found to be not that great is the MPG. However I knew going into the purchase what kind of MPG I was going to get. I average 20-23 on FWY at speeds of 65-80 MPH. City is about 14-18 MPG. Great vehicle I love it!

Astounding
By Andy McG on 10/02/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Infiniti FX35 SUV 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

I've always liked the Fx for its concept look, and decided to get one this fall. I couldn't be happier. The look is polarizing, but I can't take my eyes off of it--!-- and have been complimented regularly since getting it. I love the flared front wheel wells and overall aggressive look. Very quick, feels like its on rails handling curves. Beautiful interior-- embroidered seats, large, bright nav screen, easy- to-use interface make driving a joy. If you want a unique vehicle that beautifully blends a sports car with an SUV, this is your ride. There are RXs, MDXs, and X3s everywhere, but this is still only occasionally seen on the road...I love that in particular.

Second one is better than first one
By Jim on 09/30/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Infiniti FX35 SUV 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

Just bought my second fx35 last night. Traded in a leased 2008 for a new 2010. What a beautiful SUV that stands out in the crowd. I love the color which is a brown metallic called java. The newer one seems to be a little smoother ride and has a better turning radius then the 2008.

Best Value
By JohnnyD on 08/21/10 18:58 PM (PDT)

2010 Infiniti FX35 SUV 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

I got the FX35 AWD with Premium, Navigation, Touring & Technology packages. I love it !! - with the exception of a few minor quibbles. This car is a head turner - although more aggressively styled than its predecessor and labeled a "love it or hate it styling", I have gotten several compliments about how nice my car looks. The interior is very nice - similar to the G35- I wish they would apply the wood trim to the console and dash like they did in the g35 to make it more luxurious. I love the style, comfortable seats, power, blue tooth interface seamlessly with my blackberry, back-up and all-around view camera. Price-wise, very good value compared to BMW X6,X5 and Mercedes ML.

Prefer the old FX
By Eidan on 07/29/10 23:31 PM (PDT)

2010 Infiniti FX35 SUV 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

This is my 3rd Infiniti, I leased a 2007 FX35, 2008 G35, and now this one a 2010 FX35. I went with tech package and NAV. Final price was about $56K with all the bells and whistles. I have to admit I am a little disappointed by this year's model. Ext design wise - you either love it or hate it. The tech stuff - stay away from it. Doesn't worth the money, doesn't work from time to time. Don't like the fact they use the same cheap console nobs on all their models. As a techie, I didn't like the user interface, its not that intuitive. It has an aggressive look, and its fun to drive, but didn't like few features on the new one. See bellow.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2010 Infiniti FX35 Suv in VA is:

$110 per month*