Used 2010 Infiniti FX35 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific FX35 model:

Couldn't be Happier
By bradndayton

2010 Infiniti FX35 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

First off... I really had no idea this car even existed until I stopped by the Local Infiniti dealer. I just couldn't take my eyes off of it. My previous car was a Boxster "s" and was looking for something bigger, but didn't want to sacrafice the handling. Tried all the Usuall suspects(Cayene, Audi, Beemer, Benz...) but after driving this one, I was sold!! The German ones where great, but the interiors just felt sterile and unintuitive. MPG on the FX is pretty impressive, I get 24 average when I am being a good boy.

Favorite Features

The looks. Even 3 years later, I still get compliments everywhere I go. The handling was my biggest "pleasant" surprise!! I don't know how they did it, but I have a sports car in an SUV's body. The Nav system on her is amazingly intuitive and accurate. It always gets me where I am going and I love the touch screen option. AC seats in the summer are a must. Birds EYE view camera(all 4 sides of the car) is actually useful with the larger LCD screen. Makes parking a snap!!

Suggested Improvements

HMMM. Well I guess to nit pick, I would say ... Seriously, I gotta get back to you on that one as I am drawing a blank.

Simply WOW, The more I drive it, the more I love it!
By mpohio

2010 Infiniti FX35 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

First off, Just test drive one!! You will get it!! I recently sold my Infiniti G35x in search of a bigger, semi-offroad Vehicle. Ive owned more autos than shoes and Im well versed with pretty much all that is out there. Drove the Audi, Bmw, Benz, honda and After test driving the FX35, everything else seemed to fall short, so I knew what I was destined to get. 1st experience was picking her up and driving home 7.5 hours from VA to OH. OMG, I couldn't believe how much fun it was. 2nd "major" expereince My road trip from OH to billings Montana and back. 4 days of 12hours at a time. It was a flawless, fun drive. I only stopped when my eyes tired as the seats are better than a lazyb

Favorite Features

I didn't lose much on the MPG coming from my G35x as the 7 speed auto is the best I have driven(don't know why the others have complained, but ignore them). AC seats are one of the best surprises. The Nav system is second to none. The 11 speaker stereo with two subs is top notch. I really like the folding mirrors as at night on the interstate, vehicles behind you don't blind you. The ride is smooth and extremely nimble(when you want it to be). The Suv / crossover is like 2 vehicles in 1. Handles like a sports car and has UMF to get you going quickly.

Suggested Improvements

When on cruise, going up long inclines(.5 miles or more), the car would auto shift 2 times down. This wouldn't happen while off cruise. I here there is a software upgrade to remap the tranny(that might fix the others problems).

Buyer Beware
By drojt

2010 Infiniti FX35 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

Before you spend 45K (+) for this vehicle, please note that is has a major design flaw in its transmission. Please take the time to read all of the consumer reviews at Edmunds and at various Infiniti web forums. The transmission up shifts too quickly so in essence you are in 7 gear by 38 MPH, thus getting up to speed (downshifting) in a passing situation is trying and thus a safety issue in my humble opinion. I am not please with this vehicle and it will be scrapped very soon. Knowing this issue, shame on Infiniti for not upgrading the tranny as there are numerous customer complaints when this model was introduced. Never again wil I own an Infiniti so buy at your own risk!

Favorite Features

Seats and Styling.

Suggested Improvements

Fix the transmission! This vehicle is in 7th gear even in Sport Mode at 38 MPH! This is a safety issue! In addition, the car shoul dshift to acc mode for at least 10 minutes after turning of the engine instead of everything (and I mean everything shutting down). So if you are on the phone...forget it..the bluetooth as with all other items are off.

Worst car I ever owned. HATE THIS CAR
By cheryl57

2010 Infiniti FX35 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

Buyer beware!! Transmission problem with the Infinity FX35. I do not feel safe driving this car. Transmission gets stuck between 3rd and 4th gear causing lag in speed. Can't pass or merge into traffic without worrying that I will not be able to pick up speed. Does not happen every time so can't prepare. Then when stoping, car lurches forward. Dealer claims that it is due to the change they made from a 5 speed to a 7 speed and that is just the way the car drives. Are you kidding me? Look up transmission problems on Edmonds for this car. Many complaints. They want to charge me over $4000.00 to return the car. And they consider this a favor!! There is no fix nor change to newer model

Favorite Features

The look of the car is what attracted me. We had a 2006 that was the 5 speed transmission and we loved it. It is not the same car!!!!!

Suggested Improvements

Go back to the old transmission. Difficulty shifting from park to reverse. Needs to be fixed. Cargo space is small. Could be larger.

Best in Class
By James

2010 Infiniti FX35 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

Love the Infiniti brand. This is our second Infiniti (previous was 2006 FX35), we test drove the MDX, RX and Honda Pilot before purchasing our 2010 FX35. The quality of the interior components and the engine purr will thoroughly satisfy. Oh, I'm in the love it category for exterior looks.

Favorite Features

Love the Intelligent Key. Also, the Music Box was a very nice surprise as I could not imagine not having this option.

Suggested Improvements

A little more leg room in the back seat.