2009 Infiniti FX35 3.5L V6 7-speed Automatic Consumer Review - Review after 3 months of

2009 Infiniti FX35 - Consumer Review

Base 4dr SUV (3.5L V6 7-speed Automatic)

Review after 3 months of driving it...
By firstandlastInfiniti on

2009 Infiniti FX35 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

I have driven the car for 3 months and 3000 miles. I agree with "Rick" - 7 speed tranny ruins the overall experience of owning this car. Shifts all over the place (I have the latest transmission flash) and still show very harsh downshifting after releasing the gas pedal (this initially scared the daylights out of me when it first happened, now I just come to expect it). Only "DS" (Drive Sport) mode returns control to the driver and allows you to get around horrible gear ratios and indecisiveness of the computer as to what gear the car needs. Also, brakes are VERY soft - takes longer to stop and gas mileage is mediocre. No tranny change 2010 so if you consider buying you're warned.

Favorite Features

Exterior and interior design are simply gorgeous. Awesome integration of bluetooth and iPod connectivity with the radio/navigation system. AWD handles great in wet and snowy weather (I have the standard 18" wheels) and climate control works great.

Suggested Improvements

Top priority needs to be on fixing the 7-speed tranny gear rations and shifting issues! Power liftgate would be nice. Better fuel economy is also needed.