My 2nd FX and Lovin it !
By GLR on
2009 Infiniti FX35 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 7A)
If you want a sports car with a backpack this is it! This is our 2nd FX, (Prem/Tech/Nav/RearEnt.). Our first FX was an ’06 which my wife and I really enjoyed driving. I did notice the quirks of the new 7-speed but were resolved with the software updates. Having XM/cooling seats/dvd/nav/mp3/rain sensing wipers makes the FX a great cruiser on long road trips, I don’t know how we drove long distance without Adaptive Cruise and Lane Departure Prevention they work really well. We drove 900 miles(hwy) with cruise control set @ 75mph & averaged 24 mpg. The technology, maintenance & reliability are simply amazing and are a bargain when compared to its European counterparts. Fun to drive, buy one!
Favorite Features
Fun, unique design, cooling seats, center console design, 360 camera, voice control, Paddle shifters, Adaptive Cruise, Lane departure, Internal HD, XM live traffic, Brake Assist once saved me from rear-ending a car when they had stopped suddenly after cutting in front of me. Reliability & VQ Engine.
Suggested Improvements
GPS works very well but POI DB search needs refinement. Redesign car to add more interior trunk space & storage nooks. Bose needs an EQ. Add larger sunroof. Make standard Blind Spot warning and Plasma Air Purifier. At this price point Damping control should be included with Tech/Touring packages.