2009 Infiniti FX35 SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific FX35 model:
What were they thinking?
By Steven on 01/18/09 18:38 PM (PST)

2009 Infiniti FX35 SUV 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

This is our 3rd FX35 since 2003, our 8th Infiniti overall since then. This blows away my 2003 and 2007 FX35. However, two issues that they fell asleep on. They took away the compass on the mirror, and the compact flash reads some things and misses others. No current support on that issue. The compass was useful when navigation did not have an address in its database. Now, forced to look at the little compass on the nav screen and figure out which way you headed. It takes a few seconds to figure it out when you could just look at your mirror and see the direction by letters. The cd harddrive takes forever to copy songs into memory, basically useless. Compact flash very picky and fussy.

Second FX35
By Dave on 01/16/09 11:20 AM (PST)

2009 Infiniti FX35 SUV 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

I traded a 2005 FX35 for a 2009 FX35. Got all the bells and whistles with this new model. I love (most) everything about the car and generally agree with all of the posts here; however, there is one thing that is a negative. The front seats are quite a bit HARDER than the old model. I believe the seats had to be redesigned to provide for their new airflow. They are a bit like slightly uncomfortable shoes. If I were younger (I'm 45) I would not have noticed; however, the older one gets, the more things, in general, become uncomfortable! I still love this car. The seats are my only gripe!

Back to the Future FX
By BManFX on 12/23/08 12:55 PM (PST)

2009 Infiniti FX35 SUV 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

Lease ended on my 07 M35, and went for the new 2009 FX35. Got the Premium Package , Nav Package and Technology Package. Did not get the 20" wheel package. The 20s still make the car ride too rough and cost a lot more to replace than the 18s . Really like all the improvements in the car. The ride is 100% better than the previous model and even quieter than my 07 M35. It still is a bit rough if you are into a Lexus cush, but I think a lot of folks will like the balance of sport and lux. Tech features are amazing and really work!! A lot of this will become standard in the future on all cars. Check it out!

Best SUV I've ever driven
By Andre on 12/12/08 22:21 PM (PST)

2009 Infiniti FX35 SUV 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

Traded my 2006 Acura MDX for 2009 FX35. Tried 2009 MDX- didn't like it. FX drives almost like a sports car, not like an SUV. Great handling, nav. system and back up camera are beyond belief, great leg room. Exterior is unbelievable, looks very aggressive. In my opinion, FX beats MDX hands down, except, of course, for the utility part. Luggage room is practically non-existent. Two weeks ago I drove six people and 5 suitcases in my MDX. Definitely won't be able to do it in FX. Other than that it's an unbelievable vehicle!

Awful Trans!!
By Mark M. on 11/24/08 08:55 AM (PST)

2009 Infiniti FX35 SUV 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

I had the 2003 FX35 and I loved it. So I just had to have 2009. I like the improved interior and the new look, but the ride is still hard. My main problem is the 7-speed transmission. The car only accelerates smoothly when rapidly accelerating. Accelerating from about 25 mph or 45 mph is awful. It never seems to know what to shift in too. It’s a nightmare when driving in traffic because it keeps downshifting and then it lags when it should up shift. I end up using the paddle shifters to make the trans do what it should be doing on its own. I was thinking it was only my car and maybe something is wrong with my trans, but I see that someone else had the same issue.

Almost
By Jonathan on 09/21/08 21:55 PM (PDT)

2009 Infiniti FX35 SUV 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

This is a replacement of my 2005 FX35, which I liked this has improved comfort, seats and ride. My main problem is the awful 7-speed transmission, badly programmed. This is supposed to be a sporty car. The car only accelerates smoothly when rapidly accelerating. Accelerating from about 25 mph or 45 mph requires full accelerator to get a downshift or nothing happens quickly. Around those speeds the transmission can’t seem to make up its mind and makes it hard to maintain a constant speed with frequent downshifting. I have never owned a car with such inconsistent throttle response.

My New 2009 FX35
By Mike Sheridan on 09/12/08 12:54 PM (PDT)

2009 Infiniti FX35 SUV 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

I love this vehicle!! I test drove every SUV on the market before buying this one. I drove the Porsche, Benz, the Toyota, Lexus, Ford, Dodge, and the BMW. None compare with the comfort and goodies that come with this one. Did I say I love it?? I owned a BMW X5 before buying this vehicle and there is no comparison in the ride, feel and comfort. This vehicle is by far the most outstanding of all the SUVs on the market.

Great Upgrade from my 1st Gen 2003FX!!
By NEGOC8R on 09/08/08 11:58 AM (PDT)

2009 Infiniti FX35 SUV 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

Traded in my 2003 fully loaded FX35 for the 2009 with everything except for DVD this time. Like others wasn't crazy about looks such as grille and new color choices but, my Mojave Cooper w/mad-frown and wide arched hood has really grown on me. The DCA technology is the most impressive, actually pushes back off gas pedal and applies brakes when it detects a car in front, even in stop and go traffic. Other music and nav tech features are really fun. I don't understand how they made it faster and yet get slightly better MPG too, have not averaged below 20 yet after 2K miles. Braking and handling has also improved much over my 2003.

2009 Infiniti FX35
By TulsaFX on 08/25/08 18:14 PM (PDT)

2009 Infiniti FX35 SUV 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

I traded a 2005 FX35 for the 2009 FX35. At first I wasn't crazy about the looks but the much improved interior and ride comfort outweighed appearance. Now after having the car a month I really think it's cool. I really loved my 2005 and would have kept it had Infiniti not made such great improvements.

Dynamite
By Paul on 07/25/08 11:37 AM (PDT)

2009 Infiniti FX35 SUV 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

Love this FX after 750 miles. Had the previous generation, and the 2009 is better in all respects. Mileage, comfort, gadgets, looks, braking, performance. Great ride.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2009 Infiniti FX35 Suv in VA is:

$100 per month*