2009 Infiniti FX35 SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific FX35 model:
Extremely Disappointed
By Eugene on 07/11/09 08:20 AM (PDT)

2009 Infiniti FX35 SUV 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

This is my third Infiniti after driving an '04 FX and an '05 G35, which I enjoyed tremendously. I had to have what was marketed as a new and improved FX for '09. I think the new styling is incredible. However, I have never been so unhappy with a vehicle's performance. I'm beside myself - I just threw away $40K+. In slow and go traffic, the shifting is all over the place while it attempts to find the right gear. Unless I'm able to drive aggressively, I find the 7-speed transmission unacceptable. From a stop it performs great. Once at about 22 mph is where I realize issues. Several times, when coming to a stop I thought I got bumped from the rear as the car has lunged - it's just not smooth. :(

Miss my old FX35
By Amir on 07/06/09 18:35 PM (PDT)

2009 Infiniti FX35 SUV 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

I had the 1st FX for 5yrs. Loved the car. So I had to get the new one. Big mistake! Great gadgets, great look! But the new transmission takes away all the joy! It downshifts like someone driving a stick shift for the 1st time. Very lazy, not smooth, brakes are horrible. The car downshifts and accelerates in traffic at the same time and it's in gear 6 or 7 when you're driving 30 miles. So to accelerate the car your really have to kick down hard and it takes days for the car to respond. My experience has been so bad, I'll be changing the car soon.

Great SUV!!
By Les on 06/18/09 04:03 AM (PDT)

2009 Infiniti FX35 SUV 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

Traded in 2007 FX35 and got top dollar plus great deal on the 2009 FX. 2009 is much more comfortable: upgraded leather, cooled seats. Premium & touring packages made this a must buy. New front end a little strange but it is a sharp looking SUV and I get questions about it wherever I go. A/C keeps the car cool even in Mississippi summers. Quieter on the highway too. Will keep it.

Great Performance Vehicle!
By Jaimarsh on 06/17/09 14:59 PM (PDT)

2009 Infiniti FX35 SUV 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

This is a great vehicle. Performance is outstanding, and the fit and finish is of the highest quality - truly a luxury car. Rear interior space is somewhat limited compared to a "regular" crossover SUV, but is still more room than a sedan. The limited rear visibility is not a serious problem, but it means that the back-up camera is an absolute must- have. Mileage has been poor (16 mpg) on mostly in-town driving, but you should not be buying this car for great mileage. The handling is great, but the car seems to have a slight hesitation when it down-shifts while coasting at slow (below 20 mph) speeds. Don't know if that is due to CVT or something else. Overall, one great vehicle!

My 3rd FX 35AWD
By BRUCE on 06/08/09 22:44 PM (PDT)

2009 Infiniti FX35 SUV 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

This is the best FX to date. Got prem/navig./tech - way superior to the 06&07 models, handles and rides much better. Great pickup, excellent brakes, fit and finish far better, navig., around view camera excellent. Styling is a love/hate - no cookie cutter here. Unique and bold - a true sports truck. Best bang for the buck. Acura, BMW - no comparison... electronics styling way beyond the competition.

Great SUV but 7spd leaves questions
By John on 05/27/09 07:14 AM (PDT)

2009 Infiniti FX35 SUV 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

I've had the FX35 for a little over a month now and it has been a blast to drive. Interior layout is very clean & well thought out. Everything flows perfectly. I know some don't like the exterior but it has grown on me. I would recommend getting the Deluxe Touring package which gives you the 20 inch wheels. The 18s are a bit small compared to the size of the FX. All the tech features work well. The Nav has room for improvement. You can't use the all the features when in motion. The search function needs to be more customizable. Its 7spd tranny is way too slow to respond. It hunts for the right gear in traffic. It has slipped a couple of times. They should have left the old 5spd in.

I love my FX
By Anthony N. on 05/07/09 09:03 AM (PDT)

2009 Infiniti FX35 SUV 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

Coming from 3 consecutive BMW coupes, this car is a pleasure to drive. No more worries about pot holes and low profile tires. Hoping Japanese quality will treat my wallet better after the warranty runs out. Handling is extremely responsive, braking was surprisingly better than I would have thought for a heavy SUV. No regrets at all.

Awesome!!
By Hiren on 05/06/09 14:45 PM (PDT)

2009 Infiniti FX35 SUV 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

I wanted to buy a sedan but after I drove this one I fell for it. It has great handling like a sport sedan, the exterior and interior is of superb quality and overall drives great! I suggest you buy it with the nav and the tech package and you will have everything under the sun!! The mileage is same as any V6 300hp car produces.

Very impressed
By Brunoblake on 05/02/09 19:47 PM (PDT)

2009 Infiniti FX35 SUV 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

Just picked up my new FX35 - only got the premium package, but it is plenty since the car comes fairly loaded! Excellent engine performance (same dual- throttle V6 as the new Z), redesigned interior is on par with Lexus and Mercedes, and the cost is fair for what you get. Believe it or not, I bought it partially because it is family- friendly: the rear seats fit three booster seats with room to spare!

2009 FX35
By jayrandall on 04/28/09 10:34 AM (PDT)

2009 Infiniti FX35 SUV 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

This is my second FX35. I turned in a RWD '06 with Sport and Touring only. The new vehicle (AWD, Premium, Nav and Deluxe) takes the FX to a new level. Much tighter vehicle all around, better craftsmanship, it's a whole new world. The car is a joy to drive, and when you are on the highway, the drive is remarkably smooth. Highly recommended. I chose the Liquid Platinum and Java leather combo. With the 20" rims, the 'silver on silver' look works.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2009 Infiniti FX35 Suv in VA is:

$100 per month*