Used 2009 Infiniti FX35 SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific FX35 model:

2009 FX a setback from my 2006
By AinPleasantH

2009 Infiniti FX35 SUV 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

Bought a 2009 FX 3 weeks ago, trading in a 2006. Upgraded to Nav with touchscreen. So far, a lot of disappointments 1) It's slower! I punch it getting on the freeway, it hiccups. The 2006 took off! 2) Adding Nav adds other functions, like touchscreen, traffic, but diminishes other features: a) Reduces bluetooth phonebook capacity by 75% b) eliminates ability to program pause (worked on 06) c) added, cumbersome steps to dial phone d)sound system audio quality diminished e) ipod interface nice, but ipod, battery runs down after car shutoff - auto-turn-on, not turnoff. 3) much less room in backseat-my riders complain 4) promised improved mileage is really worse -just a bigger gas tank.

Favorite Features

Live XM traffic is nice. The rear cargo organizer is very handy; seat coolers are nice addition to seat heaters.

Suggested Improvements

Bluetooth phone with nav should have all the features of bluetooth phone without nav. 2006 model had better personal storage areas - front seat console, on-door bins, etc. Backwards programming of steering wheel nav/audio controls. Up is back, down is forward? Preferred 06 volume toggle.

Even More Disappointment
By Unhappy

2009 Infiniti FX35 SUV 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

Not only did the transmission not upshift smoothly, now I am getting the same problem as others on the downshift side. Engine revs to 5k as I am pulling in to a stop. Thank goodness my foot is already on the brake. Talk about dangerous. This has shades of the mid-80's Audi all over it. In addition to an intermittently functioning Nav screen, a non-charging iPod, and braking "pulls" to the left and right... quite honestly, you can have this machine. Unfortunately, it's on a 4 year corporate lease. Pooched.

Favorite Features

The paint color.

Suggested Improvements

Go back to the drawing board... and for goodness sake "torpedo" this transmission.

It's worth every penny!
By Raymond

2009 Infiniti FX35 SUV 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

I bought the FX 35 AWD w/Premium, NAV, Deluxe Touring, and a few other options. Love the NAV and around view monitor. Once you get used to it, it's a breeze. 20 inch tires and rims look great, as well as the real maple wood trim inside. Upgraded leather has a very rich feel to it. I am not sure if my transmission was repaired from the dealership already, but no problems so far (3,500 miles).

Favorite Features

Gas mileage compared to other SUV's, driving experience, around view camera, AWD, exterior styling, heated and cooled seats, solid build, and interior quality.

Suggested Improvements

Fully automatic rear lift gate, electronically controlled back seats, soften up the drivers seat a bit (hopefully it is just breaking in). Even with those suggestions this car is amazing!!

Wonderful Vehicle!
By Julie

2009 Infiniti FX35 SUV 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

I am in sales and drive a lot. I wanted a car that was fun to drive, looked great, and had some space to carry my equipment. The FX fit the bill to a T. The NAV works great (once I figured it out), around view cameras are wonderful, gas mileage is not bad for an SUV of this class, and it still works great for hauling the kids and groceries. I traded in a BMW X5 that I loved, but now don't miss at all anymore. The FX gets much better mileage, and the interior styling blows away both the X5 as well as the X6.

Favorite Features

NAV, quietness, exterior styling, climate controlled seats (yes, heated and cooled!), and around view camera.

Suggested Improvements

Fully automatic rear lift gate, and rear seats. The smaller EX has the automatic rear seats. I don't understand why the more expensive FX does not.

Dedicated to Infiniti
By Dedicated Infiniti

2009 Infiniti FX35 SUV 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

I took delivery in April, and this car has been nonstop fun ever since. I also have a 2007 G35, so I do love Infiniti. I test drove an X5, Q7, RX, ML and nothing drove and handled as well for the value. I bought every option package and got online (buy all my cars by way of carsdirect) for $9780 off sticker. I was only not able to get the illuminated kick plates. I plan to see if my transmission needs to be reflashed for software, but it actually seems to be improving with mileage so maybe won't need to soon.

Favorite Features

I love the Deluxe Touring package the most as compared to the regular tires and don't find the ride too harsh. Tech Package with surround cameras--I would never have another vehicle without them. Stereo is great and love the IPOD interface system. Ventilated seats, but wish quieter. Quilted leather.

Suggested Improvements

Why not FX37!? I would love the newer engine. Needs a power liftgate option.