2009 Infiniti FX35 SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific FX35 model:
Wildly Fun!!
By Bardoc on 09/14/09 06:04 AM (PDT)

2009 Infiniti FX35 SUV 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

The only single word I can think of to describe this automobile is AMAZING! It drives great (now the transmission is fixed), looks great, sounds great, and is priced great when compared to so called rivals. I test drove the Acura, Lexus, and BMW competing SUV's. Although they all had some great highlights, overall the Infiniti blew them away. It has the performance of the BMW's, all the features of the Acura, and much much better styling then the Lexus.

This is it!
By FX Lover on 09/12/09 05:36 AM (PDT)

2009 Infiniti FX35 SUV 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

Favorite car I have ever owned. Considered and test drove many other high end cars, but wisely chose the FX. It's an eye catcher on the main roads, and a performing BEAST on the back roads!

WOOOOOOOOOW!!
By Ruster on 09/10/09 22:15 PM (PDT)

2009 Infiniti FX35 SUV 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

Everything works with precision! Great riding, handling, sounding, and looking car. Test drove many cars, and kept coming back to the FX. Thanks Infiniti for nailing it!!

Brutal 7 Speed Transmission
By Unhappy on 09/08/09 13:14 PM (PDT)

2009 Infiniti FX35 SUV 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

This is my first Infiniti. While I enjoy the unique exterior style of the new SUV (as well as some of the gadgets) I must admit that the 7 speed transmission drive train leaves me speechless... in a bad way. The transmission wants to shift into high gear (7th?) at road speeds of 25mph. Even in DS mode it is not appreciably different. And if you have to climb any degree of incline at 25mph... wow... the vehicle labors vigorously. There is no downshift without pressing the accelerator halfway to the floorboard; at which point the RPM goes to 5k and the vehicle lungs forward. I hope they do some reprogramming of shift patterns.

Transmission re-flash works wonders
By chazas on 08/28/09 10:57 AM (PDT)

2009 Infiniti FX35 SUV 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

We bought our FX35 last February. I've been very happy with our purchase, my partner somewhat less so. The car is great fun to drive. The exterior takes a bit of getting used to, but the interior is class all the way. There were two significant issues. The first is rotten rear visibility - either you get used to relying heavily on the rear view and birds-eye cameras or you don't. The second was the transmission. It tended to search for the right gear, refuse to change quickly when floored, and just shift roughly. But there is now an available transmission re-flash (reprograms the computer) - ask about ITB09-032. It works wonders, completely solves the problem. Thanks, Infiniti!

Performs as Advertised
By Romeb2k on 08/20/09 15:23 PM (PDT)

2009 Infiniti FX35 SUV 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

Good mix between luxury & performance. Luxury on par with RX330 (prev auto) but performance is superior. Plus, you only see limited quantities on the road. Manual shift toggles are a blast! Gadgets galore. Fully loaded w/all 5 pkgs. Active/passive safety features were draw to FX. 7 sp trans works well despite complaints from other reviews. If I need additional power/response I use the toggles and shift manually. Interior space is adequate. I am 6-3 and I can fit comfortably in front seats/rear seats are a little cramped on legroom. The FX35 allows the best of both worlds, I can fulfill my performance desire as well as obtaining moderate functionality of SUV.

Sports Car in the Body of an SUV
By socal on 08/07/09 10:20 AM (PDT)

2009 Infiniti FX35 SUV 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

Huge improvement over '08- refined interior, more power, better ride. Almost bought the Lexus RX350. FX a little more edge and a lot more performance. Gadgets galore. Highly recommend the bigger wheels to offset the longer hood. Exclusivity as factory not making as many. Highly reliable- not a single issue with my '08. If you are looking for a sports car with some utility this is your ride.

BMW to Infiniti...couldn't be happier
By Anthony on 08/06/09 10:46 AM (PDT)

2009 Infiniti FX35 SUV 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

PROS: nice body styling, 360 cam is awesome, leg room, instrument panel design, navigation, cooled seats, handles GREAT. Great freeway mileage. CONS: no full power trunk door, transmission is slow sometimes unless you floor it, poor gas mileage, wish the trunk organizer was to one side of the trunk instead of smack in the middle not allowing you to put any big items in without having to fold it down. Very fun to drive, and I love the big gas tank.

Just a poor designed car!
By Jay on 07/25/09 03:25 AM (PDT)

2009 Infiniti FX35 SUV 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

I bought a fully loaded FX35, but I am disappointed about the car. When driving in highway, the car sometimes hesitates to shift to a lower gear during acceleration and it chokes up! First time, I reported this problem to the dealer, they told me “Infiniti is aware of the problem but doesn’t have a fix for it yet”, but later on, they took it back and said “This is a Normal Behavior”! They just had a recall on the replacement of Steering Column Electrical Tilt Motor. Also, only after 5000 miles, the dealer had to keep my car for 1 week to fix rear window. After one week, they gave the car back to me unfixed and told me that “Infiniti doesn’t have the spare part in inventory”!!!

Love it!
By Mar on 07/23/09 15:17 PM (PDT)

2009 Infiniti FX35 SUV 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

I traded a Mazda RX8 a few years ago for an Infiniti G35 couple. I thought I was getting more room while keeping the fun drive. I just traded in my G35 for a new FX35 and I am in love! This car has incredible style, has great pickup and hugs the road far more than my G35 did. Plus I get the extra room that I didn't have in either of my last two cars. I still miss the sports car feel of the RX8, but this FX35 makes me smile every time I get in and push the start button. Highly recommend it!

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2009 Infiniti FX35 Suv in VA is:

$134 per month*