Used 2009 Infiniti FX35 SUV Consumer Reviews - 72 Car Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific FX35 model:

Shame to Infiniti
By Infinityfan

2009 Infiniti FX35 SUV 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

This is my second Inf after '04 FX, which I really enjoyed. I got the new 2009 FX35. I have never been so unhappy with a vehicle's performance and fuel economy. My old one was showing about 13-14 mpg mostly city drive and new "IMPROVED" shows the same, driving experience horrible, unless I drive about 70-80mph. In slow traffic the shifting is all over the place sometimes it feels like someone bumps you behind. Also maybe because car is to heavy or because of transm issues, when my car starts driving it feels like it's choking on fuel. I took car already a few times to dealer who claims that he did some re-programming, but so far I do not see any changes and think it will be my last Infiniti.

Love it even more!
By Trey

2009 Infiniti FX35 SUV 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

Favorite car I have ever owned. Features galore, fun to drive, eye catching, and great build quality. This is a "sports" SUV. If you need a hauler you may want to keep looking. If you want more sports than utility then this is it!

360 around view camera, heated and COOLED seats.

My tranny was shifting a little funny. I took it in to Infiniti and they did a refresh on it. It runs great now with no problems at all! If you have a 2009 you should take it in! Need fully auto rear lift gate, automatic rear seats (like EX35), work on blind spots, and why not FX37?

Wonderful Vehicle
By Dave

2009 Infiniti FX35 SUV 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

Let's start this out by saying I have massively enjoyed this car for almost a year now. I traded in my 05 FX35 that I loved, and fell in love all over again. What a fun to drive, eye catching, high tech, sporty vehicle with utility available. Infiniti nailed this one. I really enjoyed the last FX I had, but this improved on what was already a masterpiece! The gas mileage is about the same (but this time I have the AWD), and the rear visibility is still pretty poor. Other then that everything else has improved!

Heated & COOLED seats, 7 spd transmission (once I stopped by Infiniti and had it repaired), new features of the NAV, new front grill, around view camera, and the interior feels much more expensive than before.

I miss the compass in the rear view mirror, and would like a fully automatic read lift gate. I had issues with the tranny but Infiniti already had a fix for that. They hooked some machine up and did a quick reprogram. It runs great now!

Wonderful Car!
By Infiniac!

2009 Infiniti FX35 SUV 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

This car is amazing! From the gas mileage (for an SUV) to the tech options, this vehicle has it going on. It's a pleasure to drive, and a great option for someone who wants a sports car with utility.

Around view camera, NAV, exterior and interior styling. This car looks and drives like no other.

Full power rear lift gate, 3.7 V6 instead of 3.5.

WHAT A RIDE!!! 2009 FX 35 AWD
By LA Bauer

2009 Infiniti FX35 SUV 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

I love this car. It has the speed when you need it, with the look and feel of a luxury sports car. I traded in my Lexus RX 330 with no regrets. The interior is lovely with many features. I just wish that the rear offered better visibility. You really need to be careful when making a lane change. I rely a lot on my mirrors and must turn my head to look before I change lanes. Wicked blind spot. I also wish that they had a self closing rear hatch. Otherwise, love this car and very happy with the purchase. I will let you know how the AWD does when snow flies. I live in Alaska, so that should be soon!

Lush interior and sleek look on interior. Love the climate control seats, sound system, warning systems. Has power when you need it. One hot ride.

Wicked blind spot resulting in a lot of reliance on mirrors and check-check- double-check before lane change. Surprised that the rear hatch doesn't open and close automatically. It's heavy. Gas mileage could improve--- but love the big tank.