2009 Infiniti FX35 SUV Consumer Reviews 3

2009 Infiniti FX35 SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific FX35 model:
2009 FX a setback from my 2006
By AinPleasantH on 10/18/09 15:18 PM (PDT)

2009 Infiniti FX35 SUV 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

Bought a 2009 FX 3 weeks ago, trading in a 2006. Upgraded to Nav with touchscreen. So far, a lot of disappointments 1) It's slower! I punch it getting on the freeway, it hiccups. The 2006 took off! 2) Adding Nav adds other functions, like touchscreen, traffic, but diminishes other features: a) Reduces bluetooth phonebook capacity by 75% b) eliminates ability to program pause (worked on 06) c) added, cumbersome steps to dial phone d)sound system audio quality diminished e) ipod interface nice, but ipod, battery runs down after car shutoff - auto-turn-on, not turnoff. 3) much less room in backseat-my riders complain 4) promised improved mileage is really worse -just a bigger gas tank.

Even More Disappointment
By Unhappy on 10/09/09 10:56 AM (PDT)

2009 Infiniti FX35 SUV 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

Not only did the transmission not upshift smoothly, now I am getting the same problem as others on the downshift side. Engine revs to 5k as I am pulling in to a stop. Thank goodness my foot is already on the brake. Talk about dangerous. This has shades of the mid-80's Audi all over it. In addition to an intermittently functioning Nav screen, a non-charging iPod, and braking "pulls" to the left and right... quite honestly, you can have this machine. Unfortunately, it's on a 4 year corporate lease. Pooched.

It's worth every penny!
By Raymond on 10/06/09 05:15 AM (PDT)

2009 Infiniti FX35 SUV 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

I bought the FX 35 AWD w/Premium, NAV, Deluxe Touring, and a few other options. Love the NAV and around view monitor. Once you get used to it, it's a breeze. 20 inch tires and rims look great, as well as the real maple wood trim inside. Upgraded leather has a very rich feel to it. I am not sure if my transmission was repaired from the dealership already, but no problems so far (3,500 miles).

Wonderful Vehicle!
By Julie on 09/29/09 05:26 AM (PDT)

2009 Infiniti FX35 SUV 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

I am in sales and drive a lot. I wanted a car that was fun to drive, looked great, and had some space to carry my equipment. The FX fit the bill to a T. The NAV works great (once I figured it out), around view cameras are wonderful, gas mileage is not bad for an SUV of this class, and it still works great for hauling the kids and groceries. I traded in a BMW X5 that I loved, but now don't miss at all anymore. The FX gets much better mileage, and the interior styling blows away both the X5 as well as the X6.

Dedicated to Infiniti
By Dedicated Infiniti on 09/27/09 10:16 AM (PDT)

2009 Infiniti FX35 SUV 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

I took delivery in April, and this car has been nonstop fun ever since. I also have a 2007 G35, so I do love Infiniti. I test drove an X5, Q7, RX, ML and nothing drove and handled as well for the value. I bought every option package and got online (buy all my cars by way of carsdirect) for $9780 off sticker. I was only not able to get the illuminated kick plates. I plan to see if my transmission needs to be reflashed for software, but it actually seems to be improving with mileage so maybe won't need to soon.

Awesome Vehicle
By gogofx on 09/25/09 22:54 PM (PDT)

2009 Infiniti FX35 SUV 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

Overall I love this car. I think its the perfect vehicle for sports car guys that need just a little bit of utility. Great get-up and go power, has all the amenities that I need right now. The only thing that is a bit annoying is the upshift with the transmission, there is a hesitation at times that is very noticeable. But, overall a wonderful vehicle.

BEST in its class! (in my opinion)
By Aaron on 09/18/09 06:17 AM (PDT)

2009 Infiniti FX35 SUV 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

What an amazing car. Between the climate controlled seats, key fob options, electronically controlled retractable mirrors, 360 degree view camera, Nav, reclining back seats, intelligent AWD, great ride, and unique looks, this car is the best! When doing the Edmunds comparison with its competitors the MDX, X5, X6, and RX the FX really shines. Tightest turning radius (by far), offers most front leg room (by many inches), 2nd best in gas mileage, and is one of the least expensive. If you need an SUV for hauling ability this is not for you. If you are looking for more of the "sport" from the sports utility vehicle category there is no other choice.

Great car!
By Eric on 09/16/09 21:09 PM (PDT)

2009 Infiniti FX35 SUV 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

Great driving. I also had the transmission fixed and it runs great. New features are wonderful. Infiniti hit a home run with this one.

I'm FXed!
By FX Lover on 09/15/09 18:07 PM (PDT)

2009 Infiniti FX35 SUV 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

Recently traded in my '04 FX35 for an '09 FX35 and have no regrets. Comfort is all you feel when driving or riding in it. The '09 FX35 is significantly smoother and quieter than the '04. I actually enjoy driving now...doesn't feel (or sound) like an SUV but rather a luxury vehicle. The controls are all within easy reach. The Technology Package is a must! As far as the gas consumption, it's not any better than my '04. My opinion is that if you can afford to buy a new FX35, fuel prices/consumption should not be an issue. TIP: Drive it w/TLC!

Best SUV on the road!
By Chuck on 09/14/09 22:17 PM (PDT)

2009 Infiniti FX35 SUV 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

Enjoying my FX in every way. Fun to drive, head turner, great options, and I don't miss my BMW X5 one bit. The FX has it all!