2009 Infiniti FX35 SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific FX35 model:
90,000 Miles Still Like New
By jas74 on 03/06/14 09:28 AM (PST)

2009 Infiniti FX35 SUV 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

Purchased from dealer, one owner lease. We have owned the car for 2 years and all we have done is regular maintenance per the dealer. Very reliable car, most Japanese cars are! Just had the transmission firmware updated, seems to shift much better. Also had the trany power flushed and changed. Overall, I just don't trust European cars these days. The BMWs / VWs, I have owned seem to require little $100-300 repairs all the time. Not the FX, everything works! does not nickel and dime you to death.

Great Car - Hate the transmission
By deninfiniti on 10/09/13 12:22 PM (PDT)

2009 Infiniti FX35 SUV 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

I have owned my FX for over 2 years now and love how comfortable it is to drive (my first trip was 1200 miles and I felt as fresh stepping out of it as when I had got in!). The engine is great and has plenty of power. My main gripe is the 7 speed transmission... it sucks. I often find myself trying to pass other traffic and putting my foot to the floor and nothing happening for 1-2 seconds... once you get passed this point fine, but that lag can seem like an eternity. I had it re-flashed and that helped a little, but this is definitely something more fundamental..... But if they fixed this I would definitely get another.

Continuing satisfied FX35 customer
By essia on 11/30/12 11:23 AM (PST)

2009 Infiniti FX35 SUV 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

I had a very pleasurable buying experience at the infinti of omaha dealership. The sales team of Dan and Dave worked with me and my budget to get me into an upgraded 2009 model from a 2007. Very happy with the car and the professional way I was treated during the entire buying process. I highly recommend these two individuals when buying a car and the infiniti of omaha dealership

130,000 miles later...
By khl on 11/21/12 20:07 PM (PST)

2009 Infiniti FX35 SUV 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

FX35 FWD with Premium, Deluxe Touring, Navigation, Technology, and Rear Entertainment Packages. Original owner with 130,000 miles since 3/2009. A lot to still like: 1) Reliability: no problems to date except a cracked hose and routine maintenance. 2) Handling: great feel of the road; amazing for an SUV; handles the twisties like a sports car; 3) Interior: looks luxurious; 4) Seats: excellent side bolsters and heated/cooled 5) Wheels: super looking 20" alloys that resists brake dust very well. Gas mileage 20 MPG overall. However, I want to point out the many areas that I would love to see on my next Infiniti FX (see below).

This car is Awesome!
By mikeshehade on 07/06/12 12:50 PM (PDT)

2009 Infiniti FX35 SUV 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

To all those the have Trans issues, its really not that serious, yes it shift a little werid but hardly noticable. You people are freaking picky. The car is [non-permissible content removed] its fast, comfortable, and reliable. I looked into alot of SUV's and this one is by far the best. X5, M-B, Porshe is a joke. Just the interior on the FX alone is better then these cars. ive had this car for a few months and its been very fun to drive. its like buy a 350Z but a SUV body. if your old and not into sporty cars, dont buy this. Go buy a M-B with its 500 issues and its ugly exterior.

Sports Car/SUV - A Great Mix
By jah53 on 10/18/11 07:47 AM (PDT)

2009 Infiniti FX35 SUV 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

Handles like a sports sedan (very similar to Adui Q5) but with additional practicality and great view of road. This was a prime consideration for me Great looking (and unique) exterior, beautiful interior - although I would prefer a bit more of the Maple and Aluminum trim, and it could really use some additional leather on the door panels at this price Milage is disappointing - have never gotten better than 22 mpg (and is generally 17 - 18) with AWD. While power is very good - milage is less than my previous M-B E430 4Matic Limited luggage space compared to other SUVs - but this is an OK trade-off since it handles a LOT better than other SUVs Dealer experience is not up to M-B

Not worth even considering
By Dave~NYC on 10/04/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2009 Infiniti FX35 SUV 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

Why buy this crossover? I bought it and I hate it. And for solely one particular reason. The transmission! Dear infiniti, you tried and failed miserable on manufacturing a 7 speed transmission. Mercedes can make 7 speeds, Lexus can make a seamless 8 speed, but you infiniti are poor at making a 7 speed. Why does this car shift into 7th gear at 25 mph? Whoever is reading this. this car looks nice, it looks sexy, the interior is gorgeous, but only because of the transmission do not buy it. Consider the BMW x5 or x6 or perhaps the Mercedes ml 350 but please do not buy this deceiving SUV. I miss my m45

My 2nd FX and Lovin it !
By GLR on 09/09/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2009 Infiniti FX35 SUV 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

If you want a sports car with a backpack this is it! This is our 2nd FX, (Prem/Tech/Nav/RearEnt.). Our first FX was an ’06 which my wife and I really enjoyed driving. I did notice the quirks of the new 7-speed but were resolved with the software updates. Having XM/cooling seats/dvd/nav/mp3/rain sensing wipers makes the FX a great cruiser on long road trips, I don’t know how we drove long distance without Adaptive Cruise and Lane Departure Prevention they work really well. We drove 900 miles(hwy) with cruise control set @ 75mph & averaged 24 mpg. The technology, maintenance & reliability are simply amazing and are a bargain when compared to its European counterparts. Fun to drive, buy one!

Great for the right person
By renelms on 06/22/10 12:09 PM (PDT)

2009 Infiniti FX35 SUV 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

Very nice vehicle that you will probably love or hate. I have really enjoyed it but my wife doesn't want in it. Throttle and brake responses are a little touchy, the ride can be bad on bad roads but is normally very compliant. Drivers position, height and controls are very comfortable and well placed. Cabin is snug for a SUV but near perfect for the Sport SUV it was designed to be. Not overly impressive in any road comparisons to a car, yet if feels very sporty in every way and is very enjoyable to drive if you need a SUV but want a sports car. Fast or slow I average 20 mpg and have had no problems other than a dealership that seems to think they are the only ones in town. Cool Ride!

Review after 3 months of driving it...
By firstandlastInfiniti on 02/03/10 16:23 PM (PST)

2009 Infiniti FX35 SUV 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

I have driven the car for 3 months and 3000 miles. I agree with "Rick" - 7 speed tranny ruins the overall experience of owning this car. Shifts all over the place (I have the latest transmission flash) and still show very harsh downshifting after releasing the gas pedal (this initially scared the daylights out of me when it first happened, now I just come to expect it). Only "DS" (Drive Sport) mode returns control to the driver and allows you to get around horrible gear ratios and indecisiveness of the computer as to what gear the car needs. Also, brakes are VERY soft - takes longer to stop and gas mileage is mediocre. No tranny change 2010 so if you consider buying you're warned.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2009 Infiniti FX35 Suv in NJ is:

$172 per month*