Used 2009 Infiniti FX35 SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific FX35 model:

90,000 Miles Still Like New
By jas74

2009 Infiniti FX35 SUV 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

Purchased from dealer, one owner lease. We have owned the car for 2 years and all we have done is regular maintenance per the dealer. Very reliable car, most Japanese cars are! Just had the transmission firmware updated, seems to shift much better. Also had the trany power flushed and changed. Overall, I just don't trust European cars these days. The BMWs / VWs, I have owned seem to require little $100-300 repairs all the time. Not the FX, everything works! does not nickel and dime you to death.

Great Car - Hate the transmission
By deninfiniti

2009 Infiniti FX35 SUV 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

I have owned my FX for over 2 years now and love how comfortable it is to drive (my first trip was 1200 miles and I felt as fresh stepping out of it as when I had got in!). The engine is great and has plenty of power. My main gripe is the 7 speed transmission... it sucks. I often find myself trying to pass other traffic and putting my foot to the floor and nothing happening for 1-2 seconds... once you get passed this point fine, but that lag can seem like an eternity. I had it re-flashed and that helped a little, but this is definitely something more fundamental..... But if they fixed this I would definitely get another.

7-Speed transmission

Continuing satisfied FX35 customer
By essia

2009 Infiniti FX35 SUV 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

I had a very pleasurable buying experience at the infinti of omaha dealership. The sales team of Dan and Dave worked with me and my budget to get me into an upgraded 2009 model from a 2007. Very happy with the car and the professional way I was treated during the entire buying process. I highly recommend these two individuals when buying a car and the infiniti of omaha dealership

comfortable seats, iphone / ipad jack to enjoy my playlists

a iphone / ipad chargable jack so that you can recharge your componets while driving and also not use up the componet battery life

130,000 miles later...
By khl

2009 Infiniti FX35 SUV 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

FX35 FWD with Premium, Deluxe Touring, Navigation, Technology, and Rear Entertainment Packages. Original owner with 130,000 miles since 3/2009. A lot to still like: 1) Reliability: no problems to date except a cracked hose and routine maintenance. 2) Handling: great feel of the road; amazing for an SUV; handles the twisties like a sports car; 3) Interior: looks luxurious; 4) Seats: excellent side bolsters and heated/cooled 5) Wheels: super looking 20" alloys that resists brake dust very well. Gas mileage 20 MPG overall. However, I want to point out the many areas that I would love to see on my next Infiniti FX (see below).

1) Keyless entry and start/stop; 2) Tachometer/speedometer needle that zips around the dial on start-up; 3) Laser detection of traffic slowing ahead alerting driver to prepare to slow/stop; 4) Rain-sensing intermittent wipers; 5) Around-view monitor; 6) Reclining rear seats

1) Parking sensors inadequate--Need sensors on full bumper. 2) Blind spot monitor would be helpful as dark rear tinted windows difficult to see out at night. 3) Full automatic rear latch/door closer. 4) Manual transmission option to row your own gears. 5) Air recirculating setting that prevents 100% of outside air. 6) Difficult to get into and out of rear seats unless rear doors opened almost 90 degrees--rarely possible in parking lots. 7) Full shift control in manual mode; shifts on its own not allowing you to hold gears longer. 8) Blu-ray DVD player with HD screen--current system forces you to buy regular DVDs. 9) Using key remote to lock uses horn to confirm--sounds cheap!

This car is Awesome!
By mikeshehade

2009 Infiniti FX35 SUV 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

To all those the have Trans issues, its really not that serious, yes it shift a little werid but hardly noticable. You people are freaking picky. The car is [non-permissible content removed] its fast, comfortable, and reliable. I looked into alot of SUV's and this one is by far the best. X5, M-B, Porshe is a joke. Just the interior on the FX alone is better then these cars. ive had this car for a few months and its been very fun to drive. its like buy a 350Z but a SUV body. if your old and not into sporty cars, dont buy this. Go buy a M-B with its 500 issues and its ugly exterior.