Used 2008 Infiniti FX35 Base SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific FX35 model:

Bad Cam after 3 months of purchase
By alpz

2008 Infiniti FX35 SUV 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I purchase on 9/08 a FX 35 with 42 miles. Three months later the check engine light turns on and has problems starting, the mileage at this time was 4800 miles. After 2 weeks at the dealer they told that the camshaft went out. Very dissatisfied with this Infiniti.

They put the SPORT in Sport Utility
By Charles

2008 Infiniti FX35 SUV 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Over the years I've owned a wide variety of cars including Porsches, BMWs, a 350Z, and a G35. I must admit that I was concerned that the FX was all show. It looked too sporty to be a true performer. I finally test drove one after a disappointing test drive in the Lexus RX350. I was immediately impressed. The vehicle has the tight and substantial feel very similar to the Porsche. The front fenders even have the same sloping bulge as viewed from the drivers seat. You truly have the feeling that you are in a serious performer, and it doesn't disappoint on the road. If you like driving excitement, this one delivers. Again, I've owned many performance vehicles and the FX holds its own among them.

Favorite Features

The overall feeling that this is a strong, well-tuned, and well built vehicle. That it performs as well as it looks. I consider it more of a solid sports car that has ample storage and seats 4 comfortably. For an SUV, Great SUV gas mileage. I'm averaging 21 MPG with combined highway and city driving.

Suggested Improvements

Not much. Infiniti did it right this time. Bluetooth should be able to upload and display phone book. Back lift gate should be powered.

New to Infinity
By Cube

2008 Infiniti FX35 SUV 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I bought this car yesterday late afternoon in Houston and drove it home 350 miles immediately there after. We own a BMW 325 I which is my wife's car. I wanted an X5. I can tell you after this drive that I regret nothing!!! This is a supreme and finely balanced machine and is not even the top of the line. The sound system is second to none and kept me entertained the whole route. I checked out a MDX, Acadia, X5, X3 and this puppy is a breed above. The local dealer test drive doesn't tell you the whole story. Wow!!

Favorite Features

Satellite radio, iPod connect, handling, performance, smell, seat comfort.

Suggested Improvements

Can't say just yet. None found so far!

One month review
By Liv

2008 Infiniti FX35 SUV 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Have had this vehicle for a month now and love the look of it, love the way it drives, and love the respect I get on the road. I was most worried about the visibility b/c I read the vehicle has a lot of blind spots, turns out the mirrors are pretty good about compensating. My one main issue is a personal one - I am 5'5" and having a hard time getting the right fit in the vehicle - I end up with knees dangerously close to dash in order to reach the pedals and see well through the windshield at the same time. If I move the seat lower, the seatbelt is on my neck, if I move it farther back, I can't reach the gas pedal as well. I think it would be hard to find a good comfort level for shorties.

Favorite Features

Automatic ignition and key FOB recognition. Rearview camera. Sleek styling - exterior and interior. Memory seats. Quality vehicle.

Suggested Improvements

Storage space - more of it in the dash center area, better design in the door storage areas, they are not easily reachable with the doors closed. Blue tooth - the phone function doesn't recognize voice commands very well, is too slow and not convenient. I get frustrated an end up using my cell phone

Everything I expected and more
By JB

2008 Infiniti FX35 SUV 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

The Infiniti FX35 combines the performance of a high performance sports car and the versatility of an SUV. The 2008 model is sleeker and more high-tech inside. Its performance, luxury and technology equals a lot of fun to drive! Highly recommend it.

Favorite Features

Perfect blend of performance, luxury and technology.

Suggested Improvements

Sunlight creates glare on systems screen, which makes it hard to read during the day. Suggest placing the screen at less of an angle or have a lip on the dash above the screen to reduce/remove glare.