2008 Infiniti FX35 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific FX35 model:
Family Vette
By ckadventure on 09/18/12 11:43 AM (PDT)

2008 Infiniti FX35 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We have logged nearly 50K miles in our FX35 sport/touring AWD. It handles like a big corvette, very tight & sporty feel. We use this vehicle as a daily driver as well as for vacations out of state, as it gets 24mpg Hwy vs 18mpg in our Land Rover. It has some of the quality that Nissan is known for; however, it is pricier to maintaine. Surprisingly, I have had a wheel bearing fail, multiple recalls/warranty repairs & two break jobs all within 50 thousand miles. My wife enjoys driving this vehicle, but I am not sure if I will keep it once the warranty expires.

A great step up
By schnellerkerl on 04/09/12 12:05 PM (PDT)

2008 Infiniti FX35 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Traded in my 328XI Sportwagon - Wife just wanted something bigger. And While I never had a problem with my wagon - BMWs are just too non-user friendly. What no dip Stick? - Come-on... Besides the FX looks better than an X5 or X3. Lots cheaper. Had a 1991 Q45 and it was a blast - so I thought the FX might work - And I was not disappointed. Great car one I worked out the APPLE-bluetooth issues and the IPOD connection that was never mentioned in the manual. Now I am working on a slight shimmy that seems to be indicative of the 2008 FX. But its not enough to keep m from enjoying the car. I'm just a little OCD about my vehicles.

Almost Perfect
By Seattle Steve on 11/05/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2008 Infiniti FX35 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Moved from a BMW 5-series wagon; wanted AWD, fun to drive, utility, and reliability. FX35 meets all criteria: engine is very strong, handling is great, interior is roomy and comfortable, and the back has plenty of room for anyone except those with large families. Appreciate the small touches such as puddle lights, interior storage, and rear view camera. Averaging 20 mpg in mixed city / hwy driving. Size and performance is very similar to a Porsche Cayenne, but at a much lower price. Engine has a distinctive growl that's very enjoyable in spirited driving, but can be a distraction at times. Purchased used with 25k miles, have driven 5k miles now with no issues. No regrets leaving BMW.

Dizzy
By Dizzy on 03/05/10 15:52 PM (PST)

2008 Infiniti FX35 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

In this car you can feel every single bump in the road. That was something to get used too.

2008 FX35 AWD, Useless AWD
By Don on 01/20/10 12:23 PM (PST)

2008 Infiniti FX35 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Recently purchased a used, almost new FX35 AWD and unfortunately I should have done more research on the AWD system. The car features are fine and comparable to my X5, great stereo, etc. Power is great and a fun drive but in snow you can not make almost any turn at any speed. Just replaced the tires with brand new very good all seasons with great snow traction rating but the AWD system is simply useless. Many electronic AWD vehicles when switching to Snow or 4x4 mode lock the front transmission. FX35 simply lowers the low end power and I guess makes the system engage at lower levels. Driving this car on snow is simply a scary ride and nothing like my X5, stay out of snow.

It handles like a sports car
By sean on 12/27/09 22:46 PM (PST)

2008 Infiniti FX35 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

The reviews are correct: the FX35 handles like a sports sedan, but with a higher seating position and extra room. The ride is firm, but comfortable. You feel some bumps, but it's not harsh. (I did not have the sport package.) AWD, snow mode, and ground clearance meant that I plowed easily through a foot or more of snow. Great in foul weather. You could sleep a night in the seats - super comfortable. Very zippy engine, with a very nice sounding growl. Just a sweet vehicle (I drove it new during a 2 yr lease).

My 4th infiniti
By RickF on 10/13/09 16:32 PM (PDT)

2008 Infiniti FX35 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Started with an I30 then a 2005 G35x then 2008 G35x, now the FX35. Handles much like the G35's and not really much difference in gas mileage. Love the look, the feel and handling. You do get used to the limited rear visibility, really you do. It corners and accelerates well. Very comfortable at all speeds.

Husband's Car
By lijana McDonald on 10/12/09 19:02 PM (PDT)

2008 Infiniti FX35 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

My husband needed a new car, so I did my homework and found the FX35. I loved the shape and appearance of the car, it's a strong sharp looking car. We test drove the Nissan Murano, but the feel was different than the FX, I like the fact that the FX iss a rear wheel drive. Now... I drive the car every day & my husband drives the 2nd car.

Complete Satisfaction
By JackieF on 09/04/09 14:55 PM (PDT)

2008 Infiniti FX35 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This vehicle has lived up to our expectations. The car continues to be a treat to drive, to look at and own. A year later, and I still enjoy looking at it and seeing other FXs on the road. It has a very solid ride, and is surprisingly responsive. We love every detail and the vehicle in general. We are sold on the Infiniti line!

I love my Infiniti FX35!
By Patrice Boron on 04/01/09 10:59 AM (PDT)

2008 Infiniti FX35 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I admire the unique styling on the FX35 it feels like you are driving a sports car with the space of a CUV. This vehicle has been very fun to drive and responsive when power is needed.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.