Used 2008 Infiniti FX35 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific FX35 model:

Family Vette
By ckadventure

2008 Infiniti FX35 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We have logged nearly 50K miles in our FX35 sport/touring AWD. It handles like a big corvette, very tight & sporty feel. We use this vehicle as a daily driver as well as for vacations out of state, as it gets 24mpg Hwy vs 18mpg in our Land Rover. It has some of the quality that Nissan is known for; however, it is pricier to maintaine. Surprisingly, I have had a wheel bearing fail, multiple recalls/warranty repairs & two break jobs all within 50 thousand miles. My wife enjoys driving this vehicle, but I am not sure if I will keep it once the warranty expires.

Favorite Features

Extreme exterior styling does not grow old. Factory exhaust note is aggressive. Good ergonomics. Decent fuel economy for an AWD sporty SUV.

Suggested Improvements

Breaks are horrible! I am strongly considering an after market replacement all the way around. They are the weakest point in the SUV. Sunroof has failed multiple times & is noisy. Apparently the wheel bearings do not hold up well. Very random electrical issues. Finish on factory 20" wheels pitting. Cargo space is TIGHT, just large enough for groceries or a few suite cases for travel & nothing more (unless you have no passengers in the rear seats which fold down) The legendary Nissan quality just is not there & we have owned a few. Cost $50K new, probably would have been better off buying a new Pathfinder & a used sports car.

A great step up
By schnellerkerl

2008 Infiniti FX35 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Traded in my 328XI Sportwagon - Wife just wanted something bigger. And While I never had a problem with my wagon - BMWs are just too non-user friendly. What no dip Stick? - Come-on... Besides the FX looks better than an X5 or X3. Lots cheaper. Had a 1991 Q45 and it was a blast - so I thought the FX might work - And I was not disappointed. Great car one I worked out the APPLE-bluetooth issues and the IPOD connection that was never mentioned in the manual. Now I am working on a slight shimmy that seems to be indicative of the 2008 FX. But its not enough to keep m from enjoying the car. I'm just a little OCD about my vehicles.

Favorite Features

Handling and simplicity of the car vs BMW.

Suggested Improvements

A few more standard amenities at this price would be nice. A 6- speed manual would be awesome.

Almost Perfect
By Seattle Steve

2008 Infiniti FX35 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Moved from a BMW 5-series wagon; wanted AWD, fun to drive, utility, and reliability. FX35 meets all criteria: engine is very strong, handling is great, interior is roomy and comfortable, and the back has plenty of room for anyone except those with large families. Appreciate the small touches such as puddle lights, interior storage, and rear view camera. Averaging 20 mpg in mixed city / hwy driving. Size and performance is very similar to a Porsche Cayenne, but at a much lower price. Engine has a distinctive growl that's very enjoyable in spirited driving, but can be a distraction at times. Purchased used with 25k miles, have driven 5k miles now with no issues. No regrets leaving BMW.

Favorite Features

Acceleration, comfort, handling, and Bose sound system. Fuel economy is acceptable for a vehicle of this size and performance. Base AWD model is very well equipped.

Suggested Improvements

Refine the noise-vibration-harshness of the engine, and add a bit more sound insulation. Add automatic wipers.

Dizzy
By Dizzy

2008 Infiniti FX35 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

In this car you can feel every single bump in the road. That was something to get used too.

Favorite Features

The seats are wonderful. The acceleration is beautiful

Suggested Improvements

Better suspension

2008 FX35 AWD, Useless AWD
By Don

2008 Infiniti FX35 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Recently purchased a used, almost new FX35 AWD and unfortunately I should have done more research on the AWD system. The car features are fine and comparable to my X5, great stereo, etc. Power is great and a fun drive but in snow you can not make almost any turn at any speed. Just replaced the tires with brand new very good all seasons with great snow traction rating but the AWD system is simply useless. Many electronic AWD vehicles when switching to Snow or 4x4 mode lock the front transmission. FX35 simply lowers the low end power and I guess makes the system engage at lower levels. Driving this car on snow is simply a scary ride and nothing like my X5, stay out of snow.

Favorite Features

Great stereo, nice seats, keyless entry, power and reliability. Had to add iPod interface, could not believe that the car did not come with it (cost almost $300, parts and labor)

Suggested Improvements

Much improvement to the AWD system, needs to put the car in all wheel drive mode with front transmission engaged. The current system is simply useless. Better visibility, large blind spots. Paint also scratches very easy.