Used 2007 Infiniti FX35 SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific FX35 model:

Riding like the law in my new FX35
By Gee Bee

2007 Infiniti FX35 SUV 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I purchased my new Autumn Copper FX35 in March, 2007. It has exceeded all of my expectations regarding performance, styling and ergonnomics. It has all the options except the rear entertainment system and run-flat tires. The engine is smooth and torquey, my gas mileage in Houston's freeway traffic has averaged 21.8 mpg, surprisingly. I love the Autumn Copper color for this vehicle. It seems to bring out all the lines and compound curves this vehicle has to offer. The aggressive styling sets it apart from any other vehicle on the road and the 20" wheels add a sport stance that looks better than the standard 18" wheels. I don't carry a lot of things, interior size is good.

I like the navigation system, especially the "Birdseye View" mode. the keyless entry and start feature is great. The feature I'm most impressed with is the "Intelligent Cruise Control" in commuter certain traffic situations I can set it and enjoy not having to modulate my speed manually.

Add the new 300+HP engine from the new G37 Infiniti coupe. My wife's 2007 M35 Sport, has a much sharper rearview camera than my FX35 as well as the Bose studio surround sound system.

FX35 is awesome!
By Rob Johnson

2007 Infiniti FX35 SUV 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This is my second Infiniti. I was thoroughly pleased with my G35, but have to say the FX35 has exceeded my expectations. I will continue to purchase Infiniti mainly because of the excellent styling and reliability I have found in both vehicles. The look and styling of the FX35 is in a class of it's own. I had compared it to several other makes and models but again Infiniti came out well ahead for more bang for the buck. I would recommend this vehicle to anyone that truly has an appreciation for driving a well built vehicle.

Sport package with the 20" rims and the intelligent key feature. The interior also by far is one of the most attractive in it's class.

Collapsible (automatic) side view mirrors and a full size spare.

Great Car
By Tranced25

2007 Infiniti FX35 SUV 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I was wary upgrading from my 2006 G35 coupe. The coupe with 15k miles felt like it had 80k on the odometer. The FX is fantastic. I missed an SUV, and this car feels just like a (brand-new) heavier G35. It even handles better IMO. Whereas my coupe lost its composure over anything but the smoothest roads, the FX retains it on rough pavement. The sport package is a must-have for its looks alone. Not much to differentiate it from an FX45 except the chrome surrounding the side windows on the 45. Although to me the ride feels smooth coming from a sport packaged G35, others may find it harsh with the sport package. I can easily tear up an exit ramp in this car, no complaints!

Exhaust snarl sounds like my G35 coupe! Exterior styling, 20" wheels, back-up camera, aluminum detailing around the rear hatch and roof rails is a nice touch, auto latch function on the rear hatch, hatch mounted seat releases, LED tail lights, interior brick color is sharp when seen in person.

Telescoping wheel could telescope a bit more, a rear carpet would be better than the plastic tray, auto rear hatch would be cool, wood detailing on the 35 would class it up more, Not in love with the orange lighting on the odometer etc.

What A Machine
By Les

2007 Infiniti FX35 SUV 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Excellent vehicle! Both sporty and fun to drive. Very well made and a surprisingly quiet ride. Just the right size for a family of 4.

Awesome looking vehicle. Power tilt of steering column and gauges and reclining rear seats.

Fan control for the rear HVAC ducts.

Reliability Problems
By John Vaughn

2007 Infiniti FX35 SUV 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Purchased what I thought would be a wonderful and reliable vehicle but had problems from day one. The major issue continued to be steering wheel vibrations. Infiniti replaced the steering rack and associated linkage to no avail. Car shook around 65 mph and continued at higher speeds. Replaced the tires, etc., still no relief. Got to the point I couldn't stand the shaking anymore so I traded it on an 07 MDX. I also had a lot of rattles in the FX.

Great looking, and comfortable cross over.

Reliability - get the vibrations and rattles out of the vehicle.

• SUV