Used 2007 Infiniti FX35 SUV Consumer Reviews - 33 Car Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific FX35 model:

Love this vehicle...mostly
By gtw2

2007 Infiniti FX35 SUV 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We've had 0 mechanical issues; great performance in spirited driving. The trim around the windows has started to fade after 2 years & the vinyl part of the seat (the sides) are starting to crack on both front seats. The wheels are also discoloring; dealer says its something we applied (the car wash I've used for 10 years changed their products all of a sudden? really?!!!) So other than those “minor” & “annoying” issues, this is a fantastic vehicle. I am concerned w/ long-term build quality. Our “brand- new looking” ’97 Toyota Land Cruiser was chiseled out of granite, so not sure I’ve got a balanced view (you should only return to the dealer for breaks, oil & to buy a new one after 300k miles).

Looks, performance, fun-factor, comfortable.

More attention to quality in small details in building materials for better longevity.

Overall this crossover stinks
By Willy G.

2007 Infiniti FX35 SUV 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Gas mileage is horrible. Shimmy at 60- 65 on balanced aligned tires. Horrible gas mileage. Brakes wear relatively fast and rotors warp as fast. Poor gas mileage. Doors do not lock when vehicle starts moving for safety. Not a very quiet ride. Navigation stinks. Very expensive to maintain (very!). Could ride smoother. Did I mention HORRIBLE gas mileage?

Very nice basketball looking leather seats. Nice exterior design. Acceptable sound system. Like the look of the 20"rims. But rims could be nicer.

Better availability of parts! Better transmission for better gas mileage. Improved overall break system. Better service at dealers. Too many people complain about dealer service anywhere.

Had to do it again!
By Vincent

2007 Infiniti FX35 SUV 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

The lease on my 05 FX was up. I loved it, but just wanted a change. I drove A LOT of cars... Had experience in BMW 530xi, X5, Porsche Cayenne S, Range Rover, Touareg, MDX, RDX. Previously owned 2 Lexus RX300's and a couple Explorers. When it came down to it, there wasn't anything else out there that (IMO) topped the FX35. The FX just sticks to the ground. You don't turn a corner, you THINK the car around the corner. Steering is tight and 6cyl engine is powerful. Can't imagine why anyone would want a FX45? A little heavy on gas. Though premium is recommended, no problem on regular. The FX does have a huge blind spot. My 05 was tough learning to back up, but the rear camera is a dream.

Seats are very comfortable. Backup camera really solved a big problem backing up in previous models, especially in the dark.

Blue tooth is a bit quirky and does not get good reviews from call recipients.

Great CUV
By kyle mack

2007 Infiniti FX35 SUV 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I looked at the larger GMC crossovers, Arcadia, Enclave, Outlook and although the cargo room in these vehicles was impressive I just didn't like the jerky transmission. Since I didn't need a large crossover the FX35 was a good choice. The vehicle is very quick and sporty and the transmission and auto shifting is outstanding. Even with 4 adults and luggage for a long weekend I am getting 20 miles per gallon. Great looking vehicle and a great ride.

Besides the overall quality I like the interactive console where you check every performance status of the vehicle, such as fuel efficiency as you are driving, or air pressure etc.

I really can't think of any improvements.

Pure Comfort and Luxury
By Pleased in Fresno

2007 Infiniti FX35 SUV 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I admired this luxury vehicle for three years prior to purchase. I would test drive the FX35 periodically in hopes of one day becoming an owner. In June 2007, I purchased my brand new vehicle and I have enjoyed driving it. I never really liked driving until I purchased this vehicle.

I love the way the seats hug you and the bose stereo system is awesome. Pure comfort.

Better gas mileage