2006 Infiniti FX35 3.5L V6 AWD 5-speed Automatic Consumer Review - Just a darn cool SUV!

2006 Infiniti FX35 - Consumer Review

Base 4dr SUV (3.5L V6 AWD 5-speed Automatic)

Just a darn cool SUV!
By markJ on

2006 Infiniti FX35 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Although I'm 50, this SUV makes me feel 10 years younger every time I drive it. The handling is supreme Ė and Iíve owned both a Shelby GT350 and a Porsche, so I know a little about handling. Yes, the ride is a bit rough. And the exhaust makes a little more noise than I would prefer. But hey, this is no Soccer-Momís SUV. If you want that, get a (yawn) Lexus and be done with it. This is a driverís SUV that can fit easily into a small space. When the rear seats go down itís got plenty of room, and it can tow up to 3500 lb. So for me, itís just the perfect SUV. And to top that off, I can get 25 mpg on the freeway should I choose.

Favorite Features

20" wheels and tires - no other SUV looks as cool. Bluetooth is great. MP3 capability is great. Outrageous styling. Lots of accessories and aftermarket parts support. If you want a 400hp V6, you can pop in a supercharger by Stillen and spin the tires.

Suggested Improvements

No internal rear hatch release! Infiniti, what were you thinking? Paddle shifters would be perfect for this vehicle, and should be standard on the AWD model. The navigation feature at an additional $4000 is absurd. But you can get an aftermarket unit for a fraction of that cost.