Used 2006 Infiniti FX35 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Infiniti FX35 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific FX35 model:

You need to own a gas station!!!
By Paul

2006 Infiniti FX35 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This is a 4WD infinity fx35. You need to own a gas station to ride the car, the fuel mileage in the city is ridicules. I drive in the to the city every day and the BEST this car can do is 13.8 m/g. If you want to make 21 mi/g on the highway you need to play with the gas pedal and do not go more then 60 mi/h. It is very hard ride it is like a sports car. The location of the buttons is very uncountable to reach them. The sound system is ok, the could put a subwoofer to improve the sound. Very little room on the back seat, 2 adults hardly fit there. Trunk space very small. I lease the car so I will give it back in a year and will not take it any more.

Interior and exterior very cool design

More room, relocate the widowís buttons, they are very hard to reach. Needs gas usage improvement, it is like a Hammer

Second Look
By shr100t

2006 Infiniti FX35 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I just got mine and although it is fun to drive, the blue tooth is lousy, does not have self locking doors and find the seats uncomfortable. But other than that it is a blast to drive and when you step on the gas it is there for you.

Power from engine

Self locking doors and more comfortable seats. I also would love to see some wood coming from an expensive car that is trying to fight the luxury market.

Style, Performance, & Reliability-Oh My!
By susanosooner

2006 Infiniti FX35 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I turned in my G35 sport coupe (shed a tear) and got my FX35 because I needed more space...but I didn't want to give up the feel that Infiniti builds into its vehicles. The FX has all the power and feel of a sports car..packed into the shell of a crossover SUV. Driving the FX does NOT feel like you're driving a truck..as it did when I test drove the Pilot, Rav4, Forrester.. Granted, the FX is in a whole different class..but I love the solid feel of this vehicle. I got the space I needed..and the unique styling, performance, and reliability that I felt only Infiniti knew how to combine.

Unique shape/exterior styling, safety features, comfortable seating, the "giddy-up" factor/engine growl, reliability, solid construction.. and you gotta love the sound when you close the door...sweet!

I can accept that for 280hp, you have reduced MPG..but if they could find a new technology which enables the FX to keep the power and get better mileage..that'd be the cherry on top!

Just a darn cool SUV!
By markJ

2006 Infiniti FX35 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Although I'm 50, this SUV makes me feel 10 years younger every time I drive it. The handling is supreme Ė and Iíve owned both a Shelby GT350 and a Porsche, so I know a little about handling. Yes, the ride is a bit rough. And the exhaust makes a little more noise than I would prefer. But hey, this is no Soccer-Momís SUV. If you want that, get a (yawn) Lexus and be done with it. This is a driverís SUV that can fit easily into a small space. When the rear seats go down itís got plenty of room, and it can tow up to 3500 lb. So for me, itís just the perfect SUV. And to top that off, I can get 25 mpg on the freeway should I choose.

20" wheels and tires - no other SUV looks as cool. Bluetooth is great. MP3 capability is great. Outrageous styling. Lots of accessories and aftermarket parts support. If you want a 400hp V6, you can pop in a supercharger by Stillen and spin the tires.

No internal rear hatch release! Infiniti, what were you thinking? Paddle shifters would be perfect for this vehicle, and should be standard on the AWD model. The navigation feature at an additional $4000 is absurd. But you can get an aftermarket unit for a fraction of that cost.

2006 infiniti FX35
By Dylan

2006 Infiniti FX35 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Wonderful driving machine, top level service. Great power return at any speed.

Nav, backup Cam & Activ. Cruise

What can you improve? Maybe a power lift gate..