Used 2006 Infiniti FX35 Consumer Reviews - 60 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Infiniti FX35

View reviews for a specific FX35 model:

Awesome!
By Nathan H

2006 Infiniti FX35 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This is my first SUV after many years of sports cars. This is a great compromise between the two!

The exterior styling on the vehicle is simply second to none. Great exhaust note as well for stock.

Better mpg on the V6, built in standard MP3 player aux jack.

Great WAGON - just shy of Outstanding
By deanie

2006 Infiniti FX35 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Bought it for the safety,handling, build quality and reliability & got all four. Handles better than most vehicles on the road with the standard suspension. Steering is quick, firm and accurate, great braking. Solid ride. Back-up camera makes parking a snap. I advise against the sport package unless you drive only on billiard table smooth roads (and who of us does). Even the standard suspension can be harsh on bumpy roads. We actually fit three across in the back seat (2 kid seats and my mother-in- law) on long trips. Bose stereo is very good, and the seats are supremely comfortable. It's a station wagon with athletic/sporty handling (it ain't no SUV) and that's a good thing!

Handling, braking, steering, safety features, reliability. As such it is a better wagon choice than anything made by Subaru, Volvo, BMW or Mercedes.

A 6th gear for highway fuel econ improvement, or a lower rpm 5th gear to lower rpms for fuel economy. Widen the vehicle by an inch or two. Lengthen the cargo area by a few inches. A few more horsepower for its weight would be nice (like the new 306 hp in the 07 G35). Nothing else.

You need to own a gas station!!!
By Paul

2006 Infiniti FX35 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This is a 4WD infinity fx35. You need to own a gas station to ride the car, the fuel mileage in the city is ridicules. I drive in the to the city every day and the BEST this car can do is 13.8 m/g. If you want to make 21 mi/g on the highway you need to play with the gas pedal and do not go more then 60 mi/h. It is very hard ride it is like a sports car. The location of the buttons is very uncountable to reach them. The sound system is ok, the could put a subwoofer to improve the sound. Very little room on the back seat, 2 adults hardly fit there. Trunk space very small. I lease the car so I will give it back in a year and will not take it any more.

Interior and exterior very cool design

More room, relocate the widow’s buttons, they are very hard to reach. Needs gas usage improvement, it is like a Hammer

Second Look
By shr100t

2006 Infiniti FX35 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I just got mine and although it is fun to drive, the blue tooth is lousy, does not have self locking doors and find the seats uncomfortable. But other than that it is a blast to drive and when you step on the gas it is there for you.

Power from engine

Self locking doors and more comfortable seats. I also would love to see some wood coming from an expensive car that is trying to fight the luxury market.

Style, Performance, & Reliability-Oh My!
By susanosooner

2006 Infiniti FX35 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I turned in my G35 sport coupe (shed a tear) and got my FX35 because I needed more space...but I didn't want to give up the feel that Infiniti builds into its vehicles. The FX has all the power and feel of a sports car..packed into the shell of a crossover SUV. Driving the FX does NOT feel like you're driving a truck..as it did when I test drove the Pilot, Rav4, Forrester.. Granted, the FX is in a whole different class..but I love the solid feel of this vehicle. I got the space I needed..and the unique styling, performance, and reliability that I felt only Infiniti knew how to combine.

Unique shape/exterior styling, safety features, comfortable seating, the "giddy-up" factor/engine growl, reliability, solid construction.. and you gotta love the sound when you close the door...sweet!

I can accept that for 280hp, you have reduced MPG..but if they could find a new technology which enables the FX to keep the power and get better mileage..that'd be the cherry on top!