Used 2006 Infiniti FX35 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Infiniti Fx35 - Consumer Reviews

2006 Infiniti FX35

View reviews for a specific FX35 model:

Look forward to driving on the weekends
By David L

2006 Infiniti FX35 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Purchased the 2006 FX and it's been a pleasure to drive. Love the growl of the exhaust, the acceleration is great and you can't beat the exterior styling. We were looking for a SUV that didn't drive and look like a box on wheels and the FX35 has easily surpassed our expectations. Test drove the Lexus RX330, the Mazda CX7, the Volkswagen Touareg, and the Nissan Murano. The FX had the best balance of performance, price, and design. Extremely pleased with the purchase no regrets

Favorite Features

Keyless ignition, auto headlights, 10 way power seats w/ memory and love the looks of envy I get when we drive it around town

Suggested Improvements

Headlights point way too low. Even set to the highest poistion the head lights don't shine far enough in front of the vehicle. With the high beams on they are perfect. Also bluetooth does not let you transfer your address book from your mobile phone. Pain in the neck to maintain two address books

Second Time Around
By Bob

2006 Infiniti FX35 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I Picked up my '06 FX yesterday! This is my second FX! I put 52,000 miles on my '03 FX and loved it so much I bought another. With many improvements over the '03 I'm looking forward to several years in this one. I didn't buy the sports package this time. The ride with the standard 18" tires is less harsh yet it still handles excellent. I enjoy the hands free package and blue tooth. So far I haven't had any complaints about my voice not coming across well on the phone. The interior comfort is one of the key features that led me to buy another FX, as well as it's head turning exterior. My '03's mileage was consistently 19-20 around town. I expect the '06 to be similar.

Favorite Features

Handling, power, looks, interior comfort, Bose stereo, exterior style.

Suggested Improvements

With the improvements Infiniti has made since the FX's introduction in '03 they have answered all the issues I had. They have made many options from '03 standard today.

Move over German auto makers
By Scott

2006 Infiniti FX35 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

My three last vehicles were BMWs (last one a M3 conv.) and the fit and finish in this FX35 is as good if not better. The V6 feels like a V8. The ride and performance is awesome (I have the Sport package). I absolutely love the seats and Bluetooth (Handsfree package). My only grip is the dashboard cannot be dimmed without the lights being on- I was really digging for this one. The warranty is also the best in the luxury segment. I love this vehicle. The German comparable is at least $10K more and not worth it. Goodbye BMW!

Favorite Features

Smooth and quick V6, handling and seats. Lets not forget the good looks.

Suggested Improvements

dash lights need dimming in daylight and a fatter steering wheel. Pretty picky things given the array of features and performance.

Awesome!
By Nathan H

2006 Infiniti FX35 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This is my first SUV after many years of sports cars. This is a great compromise between the two!

Favorite Features

The exterior styling on the vehicle is simply second to none. Great exhaust note as well for stock.

Suggested Improvements

Better mpg on the V6, built in standard MP3 player aux jack.

Great WAGON - just shy of Outstanding
By deanie

2006 Infiniti FX35 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Bought it for the safety,handling, build quality and reliability & got all four. Handles better than most vehicles on the road with the standard suspension. Steering is quick, firm and accurate, great braking. Solid ride. Back-up camera makes parking a snap. I advise against the sport package unless you drive only on billiard table smooth roads (and who of us does). Even the standard suspension can be harsh on bumpy roads. We actually fit three across in the back seat (2 kid seats and my mother-in- law) on long trips. Bose stereo is very good, and the seats are supremely comfortable. It's a station wagon with athletic/sporty handling (it ain't no SUV) and that's a good thing!

Favorite Features

Handling, braking, steering, safety features, reliability. As such it is a better wagon choice than anything made by Subaru, Volvo, BMW or Mercedes.

Suggested Improvements

A 6th gear for highway fuel econ improvement, or a lower rpm 5th gear to lower rpms for fuel economy. Widen the vehicle by an inch or two. Lengthen the cargo area by a few inches. A few more horsepower for its weight would be nice (like the new 306 hp in the 07 G35). Nothing else.