Used 2006 Infiniti FX35 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Infiniti FX35 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific FX35 model:

Could not be happier FX35 rwd
By malan

2006 Infiniti FX35 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Not only is this fun to drive, but my wife wants one now. I have had no issues and I don't see the issues people are having with the bluetooth. Both my wife's and my phones work very well. I can't believe the power and comfort of this vehicle. Gas is great. If I wanted better then 23 I would have bought a different car. Yes I feel the road some but that is the sports car in it. WOW!

The POWER of this thing is one to see. The bluetooth. Interior look and exterior of course. back up camera. I-key is very cool and works well.

Only improvement I would make is nothing to do with the car. I would have Infiniti train the owners better. I was treated like I was at a Carmax and not at a luxury car dealership.

Outstanding Vehicle!
By Jack Pot

2006 Infiniti FX35 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This vehicle is fun, fast and turns heads. Comfort is good--not much backseat room. Fit and finish are excellent as is the reliability.

styling, performance and interior layout.

Throaty exhaust can be toned down.

This is no truck!
By Hawk8485

2006 Infiniti FX35 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

After 25 years of driving German sedans, this is our first Japanese made vehicle. Quite impressive. We did not want a truck for our first SUV, and the FX35 is a nice compromise between a sedan and a full sized truck based SUV. Drives much like a sports car on steroids. Powerful, responsive, and fun to drive, yet gets good gas mileage. Smooth transmission, too, as it never has any abrupt shifts. Rides like a nice sedan, but handles deep snow with aplomb. Not as roomy as most SUVs as this vehicle is not meant for hauling a lot of "stuff." Instead, it holds four people in excellent comfort, and handles like a car. We also love the tv camera for backing up. Great visibility all around.

Handling, engine/transmission, backup camera, ride, seats, aggressive good looks, interior design

None

You'll Buy It Because It Looks Cool
By Ballah

2006 Infiniti FX35 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We traded in our Mercedes ML for my wife for the FX and I drive a BMW M Coupe. At first I didn't think it was worth the money considering the rear passenger leg room is sparse, it has the least amount of cargo room in its class, I had to buy a roof rack for our snow boards, its difficult getting our small kids in and out of the rear, and there is A LOT of plastic in the interior. But 15k miles later I love the way it handles (just like a V8), great exhaust note, and superb handling (easy transition to go from my M to this car). As it compares to other SUVs in terms of practicality it isn't a smart choice, but its the best for overall performance and incredible aesthetics.

Reverse camera. Strong exhaust. Great uphill torque. Great re-sale value. BMW-like handling. Very quick in traffic & nimble in the city. Friendly user-face/ controls. Big brakes. Decent service...

Wish I had gotten the upgraded wheels (for aesthetics & I get a lot of snow caught in the wheel well). The worst is when the car slips... its a horrible clunking sound for the stability control (rear dif) to kick-in. Rear seats are uncomfortable on long trips. Too much plastic!

SUV with vroom
By Phil Mc kenna

2006 Infiniti FX35 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This vehicle is a real surprise. The utility of a suv with the speed and grace of a sport coupe. The price beats all other vehicles in this segment ( bmw x3 ). You can't beat the bang for the buck.

Best feature is the engine smooth and responsive right from the get go.

Lose the bluetooth phone. It's annoying and the whole car can hear your conversation.