2006 Infiniti FX35 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific FX35 model:
Disappointed
By Peggy on 09/27/06 06:27 AM (PDT)

2006 Infiniti FX35 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I've owned my FX for two months now and I'm still having a difficult time getting used to the ride. The ride is very rigid and the steering wheel vibrates when hitting a bump. Maybe this car should be labeled as a sports car instead of crossover SUV. If you're looking for a car ride you might want to consider another vehicle.

Good Choice
By Ray on 09/20/06 12:45 PM (PDT)

2006 Infiniti FX35 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I am the proud owner of a 2006 FX35 that is in love with his vehicle. I love the exterior design and the interior color (brick)as well as the "cockpit" feeling. The manner in which this vehicle performs and rides is compearable to expensive sport sedans. After 15 years of driving Corvettes I was looking for a more confortable ride without giving up too much performance and the FX35 is exacly what I was looking for. I am disappointed with the sound system. I was hoping that 11 speakers, 300 watts and the Bose name would give me a better sound however, there is a lack of "panoramic" feel that is the standard of 5.1(surround) systems also, the subwoofers do not have the expected "punch".

high expectations, somewhat disappointed
By profesrf8 on 08/31/06 17:59 PM (PDT)

2006 Infiniti FX35 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I drove a 2003 Nissan Murano, and thought the FX would be a step-up. Ride, styling, handling,I think the FX is better. But, some features and comforts, the Infiniti is not as good as what should be it's lesser sibling. The back seat is much smaller and less roomy. For the driver comforts - the window controls are poorly placed, the HVAC controls are not as easy to use as the Murano, and there are none of the great storage compartments of the Nissan. Two real disappointments: a fresh air vent that routes through the engine compartment in a way that blows hot air regardless of outside temp, and a built in bluetooth handsfree phone microphone that is horrible-all callers complain!

FX35 2006
By dkl138 on 08/19/06 07:07 AM (PDT)

2006 Infiniti FX35 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Purchased this a week ago - an excellent vechicle. It is a driver's car - quite, comfortable and fast. Mileage is reasonable (about the same as my Pathfinder). Durability is expected to be above average given that this is an Infiniti. My two Nissans (2001 Maxima & 2003 Pathfinder served me well).

Luxury All The Way Around
By Claude on 08/13/06 13:36 PM (PDT)

2006 Infiniti FX35 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I have owned this car for one year now and cannot love it more. EVERYTHING I wanted in a car- sports styling, handles amazingly well in the winter, and cruises like a roadster in the summer. It has the WOW factor that makes people look at every stop light and INFINITI service is EXCEPTIONAL!!!! I have owned a Mercerces ML, a BMW X5, and a LEXUS LX- that beats the pants off all of them.

Couldn't be happier
By R Baker on 08/10/06 13:29 PM (PDT)

2006 Infiniti FX35 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

The worst part about buying a new car you love is the first 1000 miles. You have to baby it. Now, after 1000 miles, I can drive with more enthusiasm. I love this car! Once you see it with the sport package (20" wheels, blacked out lights)you have to have it. Throttle tip in is good, love the exhaust sound, love the stance, HID lights, LED tails, high door sills. Only problem is, my wife likes to drive it too. I'm not a jealous person, but that's MY car! 265mm tires and AWD, this car seriously handles like a sports car. No joke.

Great car and great reliability
By Bob on 08/05/06 16:03 PM (PDT)

2006 Infiniti FX35 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I hesitated between this one and its main Japanese competitor. A test drive won me over. There has not been a single problem after some 7,000 miles. The car handles like a charm. The engine is more powerful than, but not as smooth as, my bimmer's. Many readers did not give this car a perfect 10 because of its fuel mileage. I did give it a 10 since the fuel mileage I have got is equal or better than the one advertised by Infiniti, so no surprise there. Otherwise, no one should give a perfect mark to any SUVs, simply because of their fuel mileage.

FX is The BEST!!
By maurice731 on 08/03/06 07:03 AM (PDT)

2006 Infiniti FX35 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I was in the car business for years ,Ive sold everything from Mercedes Benz, Porshe, Audi, Lincoln & Mercury and Nissan, This Infiniti FX 35 is the best SUV I have ever driven especially considering the low cost and great value, This FX 35 gives BMW X5 and Porsche Cayenne Lincoln Aviator serious nightmares, it is the BEST of ALL of THEM!

ultimate vehicle
By Rolf Pfannerer on 07/30/06 16:23 PM (PDT)

2006 Infiniti FX35 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Best value for a car ever. I would rather own and be seen in this than a lamborghini or ferrari. Can't fit anything into those two, and imagine the insurance! Buy one of these now, because I don't see how it's possible to improve, especially the styling. Drove previous lease in heavy snow conditions, pereformed like a champ-- mucho traction. Also am a original owner of a 1996 z3 (before they ruined the styling)-- never thought I could love a car more than that one, but this one I do.

Great combo of sport & luxury w/ tech!
By Kevincito on 07/24/06 13:32 PM (PDT)

2006 Infiniti FX35 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Wanted a sports car, needed the room...my FX35 was the perfect choice. Went from a G35 coupe and didn't sacrifice a lot of performance, but gained so much more. The tech toys are amazing, some of the most comfy seats I've ever sat in. Only 1 mpg less that my coupe on average! A blast to drive and looks awesome, with the great reliability of Infiniti.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.